Automobilia etc....

Quick question: I got a catalytic converter engine light and bought a nice AP OEM, direct fit converter to have my mechanic install it. We find out the original cat was cut off along with the mounting flanges and replaced with a cheap welded on tiny replacement. The new cat has mounting brackets on either side for bolts but clearly there are no bolts left on the original pipe itself. Can I still have a muffler shop install the new cat by replacing the original mounting flanges? What am I looking at price wise?

2023 Toyota gr86
images
1686457945397.jpeg

I bought this great running little Corolla a couple of months back. They were going to sell it in their yard sale! After new brake pads & rotors, charging the A/C, fixing the radio, fixing the oil leak, flushing the transmission, replacing the sketch non-hub centric wheels with some Scion TC wheels (factory fit), new tires, properly installed new hood, factory fog light upgrade, and new paint on the front, the “yard sale Corolla” has been transformed! I’m praying that it’s a good, safe, dependable college car for my oldest. 🙏
IMG_2746.jpegIMG_2776.jpeg

I bought this great running little Corolla a couple of months back. They were going to sell it in their yard sale! After new brake pads & rotors, charging the A/C, fixing the radio, fixing the oil leak, flushing the transmission, replacing the sketch non-hub centric wheels with some Scion TC wheels (factory fit), new tires, properly installed new hood, factory fog light upgrade, and new paint on the front, the “yard sale Corolla” has been transformed! I’m praying that it’s a good, safe, dependable college car for my oldest. 🙏
View attachment 566431View attachment 566432
You tellin' me that's the same car?

That's awesome. How much did the renovation cost you?

Reactions: Orange. and Sea Ray
That's one heck of a transformation there. Bravo.

That's awesome!! What's the mileage on it? Love the decision to go with the Scion wheels.

Reactions: SycloneJoe
WoW......What a Great job you did.....you made a new car and it looks new!!

Last edited:
Reactions: SycloneJoe
Love it. I went stealth medium smoke on the headlights, and they might be a little dim for backroads at night, though.
We just bought a car and are thinking about tinting. What is the diff between tint and blackout? I think we'd leave the headlights alone.

We just bought a car and are thinking about tinting. What is the diff between tint and blackout? I think we'd leave the headlights alone.
I've never heard that term, but I would guess that's "limo tint," which is 5-10% light transmission.

VN Store

Back