Automobilia etc....

It’s a good looking car. They’re fun to drive.

It’s the car I really wanted when I bought my Si in 2019, but didn’t fit my budget. Glad I was able to circle back and get one. I get why it is the benchmark in its class. It does everything very well. I will say that the civic was notably bigger in terms of backseat and trunk space without having to lay down rear seats.

Reactions: YankeeVol
4 years 50,000 miles. That would leave me about 4 months to spare, easily.
How much will it likely deprecate in 4 years? I know used car prices have been somewhat out of the the traditional norm lately - is that likely to continue? Is leasing a better option for the “new car every 4 years “ strategy?

How much will it likely deprecate in 4 years? I know used car prices have been somewhat out of the the traditional norm lately - is that likely to continue? Is leasing a better option for the “new car every 4 years “ strategy?

I will likely consider switching to a lease on the next cycle. I think it will be to my benefit as I start looking towards high line brands with steep depreciation and expensive maintenance.

I will likely consider switching to a lease on the next cycle. I think it will be to my benefit as I start looking towards high line brands with steep depreciation and expensive maintenance.
It's what I would do but I put too many miles a year on my cars.

There's no telling. It will depend on new vehicle production. Having said that, it will be at least 2 years before you see significant ground stock on dealer lots....probably longer.

Reactions: walkenvol
It sure does. Is it supposed to be a track car?
I guess I will have to read up on that.
by the way, I am in Europe and did a couple laps on the Nurburgring. Rented a Renault Clio RS there at RSR Nurburg. They opened at 530 pm and somebody barrel rolled one at about 540. I wasn’t even on the track yet when they closed it. But they got it open in time. It was fast and scary for sure.

It sure does. Is it supposed to be a track car?
I guess I will have to read up on that.
by the way, I am in Europe and did a couple laps on the Nurburgring. Rented a Renault Clio RS there at RSR Nurburg. They opened at 530 pm and somebody barrel rolled one at about 540. I wasn’t even on the track yet when they closed it. But they got it open in time. It was fast and scary for sure.
They have 2 non street legal versions

Took the GTI up to the Dragon this past weekend. All things considered, probably the best FWD car I’ve had up there. The LSD and traction control system is one of the best I’ve seen. Sopping wet conditions, and it had no problem getting out of the corner. No wheel spin, no sudden cuts of power. Plus, in sport mode, the exhaust crackles and pops, tastefully.

50C86FD0-A232-4DF8-BCAC-27F0D49E975A.jpeg

Some of my Favorite cars that I have owned.....my Vette My Sebring CoupeView attachment 490681My other Sebring CoupeView attachment 490682View attachment 490683

1972 Super Beetle and my first car...
View attachment 490678And my two Honda CivicsView attachment 490685View attachment 490686
Those Sebring Coupes were excellent cars for the money. They had a poor resale value so the secret was to get one a little used. Let the new car buyer take the hit and then you're golden.

I had a 1997 Sebring convertible and then a 2005 Sebring convertible. Those held their value nicely but I drove 'em well into 100K miles. Loved 'em both

Reactions: Vjcvette
It’s f’n ugly AF

Amazing how technology has improved in a generation or so. I had a 1989 5.0L Mustang and it had 225 HP. Now they're getting more than twice that out of the same size engine. Amazing. My Mustang was pretty powerful. Can't imagine using 500 HP

Amazing how technology has improved in a generation or so. I had a 1989 5.0L Mustang and it had 225 HP. Now they're getting more than twice that out of the same size engine. Amazing. My Mustang was pretty powerful. Can't imagine using 500 HP

I loved those Mustangs. Friend had an 87 or 88 (can't remember which) and man that car was quick.

VN Store

Back