'12 CA OL Matt Cochran (Cal commit)

This staff wants Jelks. If he chooses Vandy it will be for something other than ut not wanting or taking him at this time. Maybe Franklin sold him on vandy.
I will say this, dont take this as anything other than a possibility because ive heard nothing . But CHH is one of those guys you either love or hate and his coaching style isnt for everyone. I do know hes rubbed a couple of recruits the wrong way, again not saying Jelks is one of those. But for the most part the kids really like chh.

Thats what Skeeter wrote in the Jelks thread

The coaches told Jelks they would wait till signing day for him

This I did not know

People Center and Tackle are completely different positions. This isn't an either/or situation.

This I did not know

Me either.

I know kimbrow and Dawson and all that. Don't know that we went hard after them either.

But my point is from what I have heard his fam are big ut fans and if he had a committable offer I don't see him going somewhere else. And the impression I got was that he was a backup plan I could be Wrong

So the staff doesn't wanna wait til NSD for Patterson. But will wait on jelks? Smh. Doesn't sound right.

Reactions: 2 people
This staff wants Jelks. If he chooses Vandy it will be for something other than ut not wanting or taking him at this time. Maybe Franklin sold him on vandy.
I will say this, dont take this as anything other than a possibility because ive heard nothing . But CHH is one of those guys you either love or hate and his coaching style isnt for everyone. I do know hes rubbed a couple of recruits the wrong way, again not saying Jelks is one of those. But for the most part the kids really like chh.

Thats what Skeeter wrote in the Jelks thread

The coaches told Jelks they would wait till signing day for him

Either way good luck to him. ESP if he's a vol.
I was speaking from what I remembered from his thread
And If I'm a lifelong ut fan I don't think I go to vandy over ut if i have a choice But I can not speak for him
This isn't even his thread so let's be done with this. You have your take I have mine
Go vols

Me either.

I know kimbrow and Dawson and all that. Don't know that we went hard after them either.

But my point is from what I have heard his fam are big ut fans and if he had a committable offer I don't see him going somewhere else. And the impression I got was that he was a backup plan I could be Wrong

So the staff doesn't wanna wait til NSD for Patterson. But will wait on jelks? Smh. Doesn't sound right.

Your going by what you read from posters on here. Your going to find out that a lot of stuff people say on here is bs.

We went hard after Kimbrow until he acted like an idiot at our camp and we have still went hard after Dawson even after he committed. He is taking an ov here soon.

We will wait for Patterson if he wants to commit to us, just like we would wait for Jelks if he was interested in us.

We pull people away from their favorite schools all the time. Its part of recruiting and the players going where they feel the most comfortable and they do what is best for them. It happens all the time.

Your going by what you read from posters on here. Your going to find out that a lot of stuff people say on here is bs.

We went hard after Kimbrow until he acted like an idiot at our camp and we have still went hard after Dawson even after he committed. He is taking an ov here soon.

We will wait for Patterson if he wants to commit to us, just like we would wait for Jelks if he was interested in us.

We pull people away from their favorite schools all the time. Its part of recruiting and the players going where they feel the most comfortable and they do what is best for them. It happens all the time.

I know a lot of posters aren't legit. I trust some though

Like I said I am ending my part of the discussion. I hope we can both agree that we hope whatever is best for the vols happens.

Here's afew scenarios:

No changes to the current JUCO rankings...1658 points

One of Jacobs or Sentimore bumps to 4*...about 1720-1725 points (depending on where they fall in the JUCO top 50)

Both bump to 4* (good chance...IMO...after seeing their highlights)...1800-1810 points (depending on where they fall in the JUCO top 50

I really appreciate the work up, Thunder :hi:

So if those three committed today (instead of next Monday) and no other teams moved in scenario 1 we'd be in 8th, scenario two 6th and in scenario three we'd be in 5th place tomorrow morning. And we're still looking to land at least two more commits after that. This class is closing verrrrrrrrry nicely. It seems like just yesterday most were freaking out in early July, but not us, my friend, not us :)

This I did not know

The staff wasn't ylding a slot for Jelks till NSD. Bama offer wasn't written, so he couldn't commit there either. Yes, the staff wanted him, but they not waiting on him. He's a project at best and won't see the field for 2-3 years.

Reactions: 3 people
I really appreciate the work up, Thunder :hi:

So if those three committed today (instead of next Monday) and no other teams moved in scenario 1 we'd be in 8th, scenario two 6th and in scenario three we'd be in 5th place tomorrow morning. And we're still looking to land at least two more commits after that. This class is closing verrrrrrrrry nicely. It seems like just yesterday most were freaking out in early July, but not us, my friend, not us :)

No problem buddy...

I still get a kick when I think about Pace and his shenanigans back then...

I think I might put together an "Ode to Pacevol" thread with some of his biggest and best trolling on display...but I think I'll wait for NSD for that...when the nail is firmly in his coffin

No problem buddy...

I think I might put together an "Ode to Pacevol" thread with some of his biggest and best trolling on display...but I think I'll wait for NSD for that...when the nail is firmly in his coffin

Please don't do that. He might come back.

Reactions: 2 people
No problem buddy...

Kudos Thunder. You need a Volnation Metrics Guru tag.

not to get off topic but what did kimbrow do to act up at the UT camp

No problem buddy...

Hahaha yeah it's amazing how that guy just disappeared once the commits started rolling in :eek:lol:

Hahaha yeah it's amazing how that guy just disappeared once the commits started rolling in :eek:lol:

O'Brien was the straw that broke the camels back...haven't seen him since...

BTW..I like your GIF's as much as you like my numbers...keep em' coming :eek:lol:

O'Brien was the straw that broke the camels back...haven't seen him since...

BTW..I like your GIF's as much as you like my numbers...keep em' coming :eek:lol:

I saw Perroni said he was releasing the new JUCO rankings next week over on VQ...is that you who started the thread? If so, good work :rock:

Hopefully Sentimore and/or Jacobs get a bump...

tumblr_ldhmx6dVqP1qdtfdbo1_500.gif

Cochran. Better size. Better prepared for college ball. A true Center. Cochran >>>>> Jelks.

Not to mention Jelks is committed to Vandy. Doubt we could flip him even if we wanted to. I honestly think he is worried about our depth chart @ OL. Can't blame him at all. Remember Posey?
I agree. Cochran > Jelks.

No problem buddy...

Your absolute HATE for PaceGator always cracks me up. Props on keeping you hate for him alive, and ever-present.

I'm gonna enjoy that one when NSD comes around. Especially if we close as strong as I'm hoping we do.

VN Store

Back