'12 CA OL Matt Cochran (Cal commit)

Cochran > Jelks

Not sure why we were after Jelks so hard and not currently taking this cat. Guess we will see how all this shakes out.

I hope to god we get this guy. If we do...

129157560796314951.gif

Kentucky and Mizzou dl and/or lb after cochran hits them to open a monster hole for our rb (insert your Vol rb of choice name here)!!Hehe

I'm sure we do...but maybe not as much as other potential prospects/positions. If we ended up with only 1 spot left and Mike Davis (4* RB) wanted to commit and Cochran wanted to commit which would we take?

I would say the RB, but Im not the insider.

Hubbs says we have a real chance landing Cochran.

I'd much rather have him than Jelks, IMO. Cochran can make an early contribution and provide depth. Jelks can't, and if we're expecting 9-10 wins next season and the following season, Cochran helps that goal more so than Jelks.

Reactions: 1 person
It's also how the coaches feel about Bullard. Do they think he can improve some and become a good starting center for us next year? Seems like the coaches really want Jelks for some reason.

It's also how the coaches feel about Bullard. Do they think he can improve some and become a good starting center for us next year? Seems like the coaches really want Jelks for some reason.

Bullard can play C or G. He'll probably have to start at C, however. Crowder probably won't be ready. I'm just glad we're building the depth we need up front. I think Stone's days at C are done, lol. We'll probably see his full potential at G anyways.

Bullard can play C or G. He'll probably have to start at C, however. Crowder probably won't be ready. I'm just glad we're building the depth we need up front. I think Stone's days at C are done, lol. We'll probably see his full potential at G anyways.

I agree, we need a true center. I'd rather not have too many freshmen start, even if they may be physically ready. Mental is going to be what matters next year since all our lineman should be plenty strong physically.

I'd much rather have him than Jelks, IMO. Cochran can make an early contribution and provide depth. Jelks can't, and if we're expecting 9-10 wins next season and the following season, Cochran helps that goal more so than Jelks.

I completely agree. I'd take Cochran any day of the week over Jelks.

Cochran also tried to commit on his visit here but the coaches told him to take his visits to make sure he didn't rush anything.

It's obviously a wait and see approach. He's a take if we miss on a higher rated RB or defensive prospect, which are greater positions of need at this point.

I completely agree. I'd take Cochran any day of the week over Jelks.

Cochran also tried to commit on his visit here but the coaches told him to take his visits to make sure he didn't rush anything.

Don't think I knew that. Thanks for the info.

VN Store

Back