'12 CA OL Matt Cochran (Cal commit)

He will fit Cal's offense better than UT's. Never understand many VN posters' infatuation with Cochran other than he was big. He was just like some the guys we have already - big, slow, stands up after the initial hit. That has not worked out well the last two years.

He will fit Cal's offense better than UT's. Never understand many VN posters' infatuation with Cochran other than he was big. He was just like some the guys we have already - big, slow, stands up after the initial hit. That has not worked out well the last two years.

Please explain.

Good luck to him. I wouldn't wanna go 3,000 miles from home either.

As a side note, Mack Crowder=the guy.

You must have missed the memo, it is all heistand's fault that he does not want to go to school 3,000 miles from home :crazy:.

You are right about crowder, he is going to surprise some people this year after his redshirt year.

I am not sure about this. I watched the all star game he was in, pushed around that DT that is going to Bama well enough. He had good snaps and did some good run blocking. I also saw some nice footwork while zone blocking.

Cal picked up a good player in Cochran.

Our coaches wanted him. Why when we miss on a guy we wanted do guys act like the player sucked?

We did not want Redding or Cross or Henderson after we did want them. Saying "didnt want" makes sense there even if it is rude.

When we miss on a guy like Cochran, it is stupid to say that you disagree with our coaching staff and we did not want one of a very few OL prospects we wanted.

This is why I like him:

Cochran is one of the best pure centers in the country, and he's a load. At 340 pounds, he's surprisingly agile and is a tremendous run-blocker. His pass blocking skills are solid and he's got good strength and gets off the ball quickly. He could also play guard, but being a pure center, is likely best suited to stay there. -Brandon Huffman

Don't want big for big's sake - that is what Hiestand was after. Different blocking scheme coming. Better to wait a year and get exactly what they need since Crowder is filling out nicely (290 lbs now).

now we can see why it is always a good thing to recruit nationally. Similar and I do mean similar not close the same but similar.. Cochran's brother is a stud.

now we can see why it is always a good thing to recruit nationally. Similar and I do mean similar not close the same but similar.. Cochran's brother is a stud.

uh_wtf_gif1.gif

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back