'12 CA OL Matt Cochran (Cal commit)

Gooch cannot contribute and I would be shocked if he is on the team in the fall.

Bullard and Stone are not satisfactory answers at the position.

So yes there is a big need.

You have a redshirt guy who has never played a snap and behind him you have options the staff didnt like.

Cochran would start out as the backup and could get PT in the fall if he comes.

Bullard played a lot better this season than most would think. The mishaps were minimal compared to the dribble snapper James Stone. He also started pulling while playing C in the our new look pistol scheme...

Agree would prefer him over Jelks (as previously stated) if for no other reason than we have a great batch of tackle prospects, but Crowder is really ou only true center on the roster that has any potential to make an impact. Would be great to have another true C with some upside.

I thought I read that the coaches felt like they only had 3 true tackles on the roster right now. Thomas, James, and Richardson with Posey and Kerbyson (sp?) being guard/tackle tweeners. That's why they made such a push for Humphries and why they're still recruiting Jelks.

I saw on the Cal board they think he and his brother both will be Bears. They seem very sure about it.

A lot of fanbases think that they have a player bagged. Doesn't always work out that way. Cochran supposedly tried to commit on his OV here. So who knows where the kids head is at right now.

A lot of fanbases think that they have a player bagged. Doesn't always work out that way. Cochran supposedly tried to commit on his OV here. So who knows where the kids head is at right now.

We(Cal fans) feel quite confident about Cochran but it's recruiting so until the signature is on the LOI it means zero.

We(Cal fans) feel quite confident about Cochran but it's recruiting so until the signature is on the LOI it means zero.

Of course you do. You're reading and hearing what the pay site prognosticators want you to hear. That's how they make their money.

I thought the issue here was space we now have more room than we thought. I may be wrong.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Announcing Jan. 3, looks to be Cal.

Why do you assume that. You obviously didn't read the 247 article it said that the distance is somethin that attracts him to tennessee, because he could have a family here in knox and one back home. It also goes on to say that he is friends with a lot of the recruits down here already. On the surface it does look like cal but I would write off the vols just yet until he announces on jan 3rd. I personally would love to have this kid would be nice to have another true center on the team other than crowder.

I think he's Cal all the way cause of distance. But man he can play and has a tremendous amout of upside. Much more SEC ready than Humphries and Jelks and that's no sour grapes. And yes he's a definite take.

I think he's Cal all the way cause of distance. But man he can play and has a tremendous amout of upside. Much more SEC ready than Humphries and Jelks and that's no sour grapes. And yes he's a definite take.
Then why didn't Dooley take his commitment when he tried to commit on his visit?

VN Store

Back