10 Wins

2013 AUBURN SEASON

Ah, what to say about the miracle filled 2013 season. The “Kick-Six” and the “Prayer in Jordan-Hare” are moments that will live in Auburn history forever.

But what was even more miraculous was that this Auburn team was 3-9 the season before and made its way to the BCS National Championship game.

In December 2012, Auburn announced the hiring of head coach Gus Malzahn. After leaving his job as offensive coordinator at Auburn in 2011 to become the head coach at Arkansas State, Malzahn returned to Auburn as head coach.

Nick Marshall, Tre Mason and Sammie Coates were some of the stars who helped lead Auburn to an SEC Championship and an appearance in the National Championship game.

This Gus Malzahn team almost rushed their way to a national title but fell short to Florida State. Auburn finished the season 12-2.

It can happen….ANYTHING can happen.

Auburn didn't go 3-9 in 2012 because of years of administrative mismanagement, failed coaching hires, and multiple years of poor player development. They went 3-9 because Malzahn had left, and Chizik decided to abandon Malzahn's hurry-up offense, and go old school and it backfired in spectacular fashion. This was on top of hiring Brian VanGorder as DC, which was the kiss of death, as he was, and still is, a terrible coach.

Was our attrition rate last year even comparable to this year? Coaching staff? Recruiting staff? We had a complete house cleaning from the recruiting department all the way down to the coaching staff. We lost more player to the transfer portal than anyone else and it wasn’t close.

This coaching staff hasn’t been completely together all that long. 7-5 this year would be an improvement and a success for Heupel in his first year here.

I think 7-5 would be considered a success by most accounts. The pt above was that last year was a faaar tougher schedule than this. While 3 wins sux, it's still pretty comparible to a 7-5 record this yr padded w 3 cupcakes.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
2013 AUBURN SEASON

Ah, what to say about the miracle filled 2013 season. The “Kick-Six” and the “Prayer in Jordan-Hare” are moments that will live in Auburn history forever.

But what was even more miraculous was that this Auburn team was 3-9 the season before and made its way to the BCS National Championship game.

In December 2012, Auburn announced the hiring of head coach Gus Malzahn. After leaving his job as offensive coordinator at Auburn in 2011 to become the head coach at Arkansas State, Malzahn returned to Auburn as head coach.

Nick Marshall, Tre Mason and Sammie Coates were some of the stars who helped lead Auburn to an SEC Championship and an appearance in the National Championship game.

This Gus Malzahn team almost rushed their way to a national title but fell short to Florida State. Auburn finished the season 12-2.

It can happen….ANYTHING can happen.

Honestly, a 3-7 record vs ALL SEC opponents is a lot better than 3-9, when AU prob had 3 ooc cupcakes on the schedule. Not saying we'll duplicate, but I'd accept it if we did.

Reactions: DERELICK_MY_VOLS
I am usually pessimistic, but I think we get 10 wins this year. We have an easy schedule...at least compared to what an average SEC West team faces. If we were in the West, then I would predict 7 wins maximum, but I think we get 10 wins this year (including the bowl game).
Hi. If you're still this excited, I would love to bet you a months pay that this team finishes with less than 6.5 wins

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
Auburn didn't go 3-9 in 2012 because of years of administrative mismanagement, failed coaching hires, and multiple years of poor player development. They went 3-9 because Malzahn had left, and Chizik decided to abandon Malzahn's hurry-up offense, and go old school and it backfired in spectacular fashion. This was on top of hiring Brian VanGorder as DC, which was the kiss of death, as he was, and still is, a terrible coach.
Look man dude said getting 10 wins after a 3 win season basically was crazy….I was just showing proof it is actually possible is all. All the other crap didn’t matter to me. Could careless about it. But it happened so anything is possible and that was the point I was making.

Reactions: KptVFL
Honestly, a 3-7 record vs ALL SEC opponents is a lot better than 3-9, when AU prob had 3 ooc cupcakes on the schedule. Not saying we'll duplicate, but I'd accept it if we did.
The beat Louisiana-Monroe, New Mexico State, & Alabama A&M….even lost to Vandy.

We have 9 teams on the schedule where we have a legitimate chance to win. However, we have a new staff, a lot of new players, and not a lot of depth in key spots. There’s no way we sweep all 9 of those games. If we do, he’s SEC Coach of the Year, and the rebuild is complete in Year 0.

4 wins is a fail
5 wins is a disappointment
6 wins is a fair expectation
7 wins is a mild surprise
8 wins is a major success
9+ wins is a miracle
I feel like this is just one game off. I’d put:
5 wins is a fail
6 is a disappointment
7 is a fair expectation
8 is a surprise
9 is a major success
10+ is a miracle.

The fans saying 6 wins is good and 7 wins = COY are the same ones impressed by Pruitt’s 8 game winning streak. They never look at the level of competition. That win streak was against some sucky teams. The bowl game ‘comeback with so much heart’ was against Indiana who hadn’t won a bowl in a thousand years. This year’s schedule is weak. Pruitt would have gotten to 6 wins last year if it wasn’t all SEC. He’d probably get to 6 this year. That’s why I consider Heup getting six this year to be a disappointment.

**Edit - I understand that you aren’t saying COY with 7 wins. I agree that 9 should be COY.

Reactions: ThreatLevelOrange
I feel like this is just one game off. I’d put:
5 wins is a fail
6 is a disappointment
7 is a fair expectation
8 is a surprise
9 is a major success
10+ is a miracle.

The fans saying 6 wins is good and 7 wins = COY are the same ones impressed by Pruitt’s 8 game winning streak. They never look at the level of competition. That win streak was against some sucky teams. The bowl game ‘comeback with so much heart’ was against Indiana who hadn’t won a bowl in a thousand years. This year’s schedule is weak. Pruitt would have gotten to 6 wins last year if it wasn’t all SEC. He’d probably get to 6 this year. That’s why I consider Heup getting six this year to be a disappointment.

**Edit - I understand that you aren’t saying COY with 7 wins. I agree that 9 should be COY.
6 wins with several games coming down to the 4th quarter would still be progress. In 3 years, Pruitt had 16 double digit losses. Heupel had 1.

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
We'll have 10 wins I guarantee!

The 3 from last year plus 7 from this year.

I am usually pessimistic, but I think we get 10 wins this year. We have an easy schedule...at least compared to what an average SEC West team faces. If we were in the West, then I would predict 7 wins maximum, but I think we get 10 wins this year (including the bowl game).
You're drinking too early....

I think we can pull off 10 wins... Over the next 2 seasons.

I can appreciate your optimism..... But no, I don't see it happening. Your talking about having the best season in years with a team who won how many last year? GBO!!!

We get our six to go bowling and that’s a step in the right direction for a first year coach inheriting a disaster. It’s Groundhog Day for us, but unfortunately it’s where we are at as a program due to back hires over the last 11 years. I’ll gladly eat my words and apologize for this post if we get 10 wins btw.

How you feeling now?

10 wins??????? You sir are delusional. We already lost to Pitt, Chalk up UGA, Bama, UF, not to mention maybe KY and Mizz....... How the heck do you see 10 wins...... Open your eyes.

Bama will beat us by 40, UGA by 20 if not more UF by 30. Your 10-2 season IS TOAST. Seriously I want what you're smoking. We will be lucky to win 5. If that. This staff doesn't have it. Nor will they.

Bama will beat us by 40, UGA by 20 if not more UF by 30. Your 10-2 season IS TOAST. Seriously I want what you're smoking. We will be lucky to win 5. If that. This staff doesn't have it. Nor will they.

Nah, Saban will have his third-string and walk-ons in by the middle of the third quarter, he's all about getting those guys reps when he's got a 25+ point lead, that will slow them down a bit on scoring.

VN Store

Back