10 Wins

LSU isn't expected to be anything special. They're in the 40s in the preseason SP+ and just brought in a historically subpar class for them.
Their class was still ranked higher than ours and they'll be one of the Top 6 or so most talented rosters on the talent composite. It's a tough out. Florida and LSU are both winnable but if we beat Pitt and at least one of them to get to 9-3 that would be phenomenal progress.

Reactions: Ratvol
I think we got a great shot to beat LSU,Pitt, and Florida. GBO! LSU will be the key if we win down there we have a great shot at 10 win regular season. We’re gonna get Florida in Neyland! I am going to that one for sure. Going to try to go to LSU, it’s been a bucket list game for a while. GBO!

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Only 9 wins to feel good? So 9-4?

And then ya say we're not even winning 2.

Then lsu you say will be tough. Uf and pitt are "winnable"...so 50/50? We're already down to ~3.75 or so losses (assuming you thought we were 25/75 vs LSU).

Now...all we have to do is sweep 3 more ~60/40 to 75/25 games, such as UK, Mizzou, USCjr...

Oh and plus a bowl game, likely to be ~50/50.

Is that ALL you need? 😁
That's pretty much it. I think anything less than 8 will be underwhelming. 8 will just be meh
9 is about right and is a reasonable expectation. Heck just a few plays going differently this year and we're at 9 wins in the regular season. I just want to beat UF this year.

That's pretty much it. I think anything less than 8 will be underwhelming. 8 will just be meh
9 is about right and is a reasonable expectation. Heck just a few plays going differently this year and we're at 9 wins in the regular season. I just want to beat UF this year.
8-4 and beating Florida would be a bit better than meh. I'd take that right now actually.

Meh

I'd take it, but wouldn't be overly excited either. Probably means we're losing to UK or Pitt. Shouldn't lose either one of those really.
Unless Kedon Slovis is healthy and balls at Pitt. If he does they are an ACC contender again. I definitely don't want to lose to UK. I'd trade a loss to a good Pitt team on the road for beating UF in Neyland.

Unless Kedon Slovis is healthy and balls at Pitt. If he does they are an ACC contender again. I definitely don't want to lose to UK. I'd trade a loss to a good Pitty team on the road for beating UF in Neyland.
Oh...I mean if your asking me to choose I take the UF win all day. But honestly, if we take a step forward, like you should in year 2....we win both of those games...UK too...that puts us at 9-3 without even talking about a potential win over LSU on the road. Just assuming we lose that one. It's not an unwinnable game though.

10 wins is still a tall order unless we get a very favorable bowl matchup. Let me break down the schedule:

1. Ball State - Win
2. @ Pittsburgh - I think we should win this one. This is probably the second most important matchup of the season. It is a game we lost last year that we really need to win to show progress
3. Akron - Win
4. Florida - This is the most IMPORTANT matchup of the year and one of the most critical for Heupel. Florida has Tennessee's number since 1990. Tennessee rarely plays well against them and they have dominated the series against Tennessee. In many ways, Tennessee's inability to beat or play well against Florida has been our downfall as a program. Can Heupel beat a depleted Florida team and get the monkey off our back? Butch Jones failed miserable on several occasions to beat Florida teams that were worse than Tennessee (2014 and 2015 are examples). This matchup will show whether we are ready to elevate our program or not
5. @lsu - This is definitely winnable but I can see us losing this game due to where it is slotted and the fact it is on the road. If it was in Knoxville, perhaps I would sing a different tune.
6. Alabama - Not enough talent to beat them yet but will be interesting
7. UT Martin - Win
8. Kentucky - Win although it will be a tough game and is another critical game on the schedule
9. @ Georgia - Loss although I think we can make it interesting
10. Missouri - Win
11. @ South Carolina - This is probably the third most important game. We have had South Carolina's number recently and need to keep it up. However, South Carolina has positive vibes going like Tennessee. I can see this going either way but I got us winning. I don't think we beat both LSU and South Carolina
12. Vanderbilt - We will win this one and it won't be close

I think the Florida game will set the tone of the season. It is a game we have failed on nearly every year. Even last year, the Florida game was by far our worse performance like most years. We need to get that Spurrier Monkey off our back to get back to our strength. Florida is NOT going to be good and this is our year to beat them. If we lose the game, I don't think it will be fatal for Heupel's career but will be a major setback in his rebuild with the fanbase.

Their class was still ranked higher than ours and they'll be one of the Top 6 or so most talented rosters on the talent composite. It's a tough out. Florida and LSU are both winnable but if we beat Pitt and at least one of them to get to 9-3 that would be phenomenal progress.
Wynn Sportbook folks just said we'd be a ~touchdown favorite over LSU right now. They have some serious unit issues according to the Wynn podcast. Not to mention new coaching and all...coming off a mediocre season as well.

Wynn Sportbook folks just said we'd be a ~touchdown favorite over LSU right now. They have some serious unit issues according to the Wynn podcast. Not to mention new coaching and all...coming off a mediocre season as well.
It's a winnable game as I said, but I don't think I'd pencil it in a W. It's on the road, and Kelly is a good coach, much better than Orgeron. If I had to break the season down, which is harder now than ever because of roster movement up until fall camp, I'd say Bama and UGA are likely losses, UF, LSU and Pitt are unknown/x-factor/toss-ups (whatever you want to call them) and the other 7 games likely wins. The closest being Kentucky but we are at home and are in their heads, so I'll say W on that one. Bottom line for me is LSU is still going to be a tough out, those teams in the top 6-7 team talent can rise up and beat about anybody on the right day, even in down years. I've seen it too many times over the years. LSU rising up and beating Florida in the Swamp year before last is a classic example, and they nearly did the same to Bama @ Bama last year. I do like having the week off before, while LSU plays @ Auburn. Auburn is shaping up to be pretty bad next year right now though.

Last edited:
We beat LSU if it’s a day game. At night in Baton Rouge the swamp creatures come out and it’s all over.
so 10 wins are doable.

Go VOLS

8 wins, 9 with a bowl win.

10 is waaay overachieving.
I wouldn't say it would be waaaaaay overachieving if we get to 10 wins after a bowl victory. Good chance we might be favored in 9 games in the regular season.

Hard to project until we know what we get from the portal.

We fill enough needs it changes things significantly.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
I just don’t see 10 wins yet. I think our offense takes a step back this year. I think we will have a top 15-20 offense. I don’t think the defense will improve enough for 10 wins. I think we win 8.

I just don’t see 10 wins yet. I think our offense takes a step back this year. I think we will have a top 15-20 offense. I don’t think the defense will improve enough for 10 wins. I think we win 8.
Counting the post-season? I think 8 regular season wins is very possible. Borderline the expectation.

VN Store

Back