10 Wins

And just like clockwork, the Nancy’s have come out to play Johnny Raincloud. I guess every fan should just be soon and gloom and have losing expectations. Be excited or optimistic? Nah, not at TN. It’s perpetual darkness or nothing.
It's the Vol Nation way...Hoover happiness vacuum.

Attachments

• Doom, Despair, Agony_Hee Haw.jpg
    Doom, Despair, Agony_Hee Haw.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 2
Don’t get me wrong, I would love 10 regular season wins but it ain’t gonna happen at UT this season. I would bet everything I own right now.

10 wins I like the positive vibes! I think our offense has potential to be exciting! If our LB’s on D stay strong and don’t have injuries there I think our D will be ok! Let’s do this Volnation maybe this is a Bruce Pearl type 1st yr. where we play really well from no where! I’m always excited to see our Vols!

I am usually pessimistic, but I think we get 10 wins this year. We have an easy schedule...at least compared to what an average SEC West team faces. If we were in the West, then I would predict 7 wins maximum, but I think we get 10 wins this year (including the bowl game).

giphy.gif

I am usually pessimistic, but I think we get 10 wins this year. We have an easy schedule...at least compared to what an average SEC West team faces. If we were in the West, then I would predict 7 wins maximum, but I think we get 10 wins this year (including the bowl game).
You will be disappointed more than likely

There is no position where we have "zero depth." None. There are some where we have very little experienced depth, but that is not what you said. And even our less experienced guys in the 2-deep will have a fair bit of game reps after the 3 games prior to the SEC slate.

You are just kidding yourself. Many of our starters are not SEC level players and the backups, even with experience, are non-SEC level players. Therefore substitutions will be limited and the starters will endure extended playing time. If you are talking about beating our non-conference opponents and Vandy then you are correct.

Reactions: lefthander
You're going to be real disappointed in December.

Reactions: GreveHaller
You are just kidding yourself. Many of our starters are not SEC level players and the backups, even with experience, are non-SEC level players. Therefore substitutions will be limited and the starters will endure extended playing time. If you are talking about beating our non-conference opponents and Vandy then you are correct.

giphy.gif

On a separate note, Out of Conference Opponents of other SEC schools include: Clemson (both Georgia and South Carolina), Texas, Penn State, Miami, UCLA, Florida State, etc. I do not think people can accuse SEC schools of avoiding competition.

It also includes ETSU, Samford, Mercer, Alabama State, Georgia Southern, Troy, UTC, North Texas, Prairie View A&M, and a few others who will get a nice payday for a one and done. The return of the sacrificial lambs. I agree. You do not think.

Reactions: Sudden Impact
Uh, I don’t know what to say. Your post was very early in the day. Too early to start drinking heavily. We should all be so optimistic.

Welp, that's it! 10+ wins! Wrap it up, boys!

Why should a 3-5 conference record get him SEC COY?
Obviously some of you guys have suffered memory loss. 7 and 5 with this roster would be a significant improvement from last year. 8 and 4 would be miraculous. I don’t know that we beat Pitt.

Obviously some of you guys have suffered memory loss. 7 and 5 with this roster would be a significant improvement from last year. 8 and 4 would be miraculous. I don’t know that we beat Pitt.

Did you forget that last season's schedule was 10 SEC opponents?

Since when is beating the likes of TN Tech, Bowling Green, South Alabama, or even Pitt the equivalent of beating an SEC opponent?

Going 3-5 in conference play in 2021after going 3-7 under the previous coach in 2020, is not improvement by any definition, and definitely not SEC COY territory.

Reactions: Mtnvol80
Umm. The thread title and original post.

Your post:”Seriously, the same people who think we are gonna win 9 or 10 games were convinced Gruden was coming. You realize that we last won 9 regular season games 5 coaches ago? We should be better than people are expecting, but look at what Pruitt did. He lost more games by 20+ points through 3 years than any coach in SEC history. More than Bobby Johnson. More than Joker Phillips. Let’s realize how large this gap is before we chalk up wins vs everyone we have “outrecruited.” That doesn’t matter if players don’t develop or transfer out before their eligibility expires.”

You may want to actually read my post/posts.

I was saying the same things. I “wasn’t” saying Tennessee is going to win 9 or 10 games.

I’ve been saying Tennessee hasn’t won 10 in a long time…….it would be irresponsible to “claim” that somehow they suddenly would now……..coming off their worst showing…..ever.

We haven't won 10 games in almost 15 years and you think we're going to do it coming off a 3 win season?

There's optimism, and then there's stupidity. Jmo.
2013 AUBURN SEASON

Ah, what to say about the miracle filled 2013 season. The “Kick-Six” and the “Prayer in Jordan-Hare” are moments that will live in Auburn history forever.

But what was even more miraculous was that this Auburn team was 3-9 the season before and made its way to the BCS National Championship game.

In December 2012, Auburn announced the hiring of head coach Gus Malzahn. After leaving his job as offensive coordinator at Auburn in 2011 to become the head coach at Arkansas State, Malzahn returned to Auburn as head coach.

Nick Marshall, Tre Mason and Sammie Coates were some of the stars who helped lead Auburn to an SEC Championship and an appearance in the National Championship game.

This Gus Malzahn team almost rushed their way to a national title but fell short to Florida State. Auburn finished the season 12-2.

It can happen….ANYTHING can happen.

VN Store

Back