Heupel Doubts or No?

UCF sour-grapes boy trolled you pretty hard, bruh. šŸ˜‚

Did you say the same thing last year when Heup tied Fulmer's second-most wins in a season all-time? Because that was after "the day of the hire" also.

I was indifferent to UCF, but now you have me wanting them to lose Saturday since it's their last shot at bowl eligibility. šŸ˜‚
Yes. Howā€™s is it going for UCF since Hypel left and howā€™s it going for us since he got here?

Seems to say enough on its own

Has the regression this season caused you to have any doubts about Heupel and his future? In my case, the answer is yes, sort of. I did not think we would see 3 disheartening losses in year 3 of this staff but here we are. I am NOT calling for Heupel's head but I wonder if I'm alone in hearing a little voice in my head that says "this may not be what we thought it was going to be." I hope I'm wrong but I have some experience with the little voice. I have learned to not ignore it.
None for me.

If our collectives can generate enough money and the recruiters do their job, this program will be regularly in the top 10.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
was gonna post last night we got some ppl gettin into "moral victory" territory
Yup! We have some people ready to hang banners for an 8-4 season and going 4-4 in the SEC. Iā€™m not there. I do think Heupel should be here 5 years. But even then at that point itā€™s his people heā€™s recruited so the idea ā€œ weā€™re youngā€ ā€œ we donā€™t have the talentā€ will not fly with me. But discussing an extension with him has to have contingencies attached, like hard benchmarks, he must hit, or he canā€™t be here for a year six is my point of view.

Reactions: EastTNVol6240
Iā€™m concerned about his loyalty to lesser talented players. Nobody can look back on this season and watch every game and say Milton was the best we had. I appreciate every player that chooses to wear the orange and white, but not all can/should be starters. We happened to witness that this year at the most important position on the field.

Who tf was a better qb option based on your time spent watching practices? Because none were better based on game performances.

UCF sour-grapes boy trolled you pretty hard, bruh. šŸ˜‚

Did you say the same thing last year when Heup tied Fulmer's second-most wins in a season all-time? Because that was after "the day of the hire" also.

I was indifferent to UCF, but now you have me wanting them to lose Saturday since it's their last shot at bowl eligibility. šŸ˜‚

How are you figuring heā€™s trolling? Heupel is terrible in short yardage situations and even worse in end of half clock management. An amazing QB and a generational WR covered it up last year. Are you actually telling me that youā€™re satisfied with the decisions that JH makes in 2 minute drill? Iā€™m not saying heā€™s a bad coach. Saban had stuff he had to work on at LSU. But the UCF poster was pretty much spot on. Having an opinion you donā€™t like doesnā€™t make him a troll. He was very complimentary of Heupel as a person and coach.,,,,,,but said these THREE things will drive you guys crazy.

Heupel isn't Saban or Smart but I at least see hope with him for our program to do great things. That is a HUGE upgrade from what I have seen the previous 15 years or so.

Tough season but I still think we have the right staff.

Who tf was a better qb option based on your time spent watching practices? Because none were better based on game performances.

Easy there buddy, calm down a little bit. The wrong QB has been played before, see the Milton/Hooker deal. It took Milton going down to injury for Heup to bring in Hooker.

Reactions: BeardedVol
I don't have any doubts. We knew Milton wants as good as Hooker.

We knew JH wasn't going to risk Nico as long as JM3 could play.

Next year will be far more decisive.

Agree about next year being decisive. The schedule also, on paper, looks easier. Arkansas and Miss State replace Missouri and South Carolina is a plus. We do have @ Oklahoma which will be tough (I think we lose that one) but getting Alabama and Florida in Neyland is helpful. NC State will be tricky.

You also said we were never in it. You realize those are contradictory right?
I realize you are just looking for a fight. We played well the first half at Alabama, but if you look at the game as a whole I still say we were not in it.

Yup! We have some people ready to hang banners for an 8-4 season and going 4-4 in the SEC. Iā€™m not there. I do think Heupel should be here 5 years. But even then at that point itā€™s his people heā€™s recruited so the idea ā€œ weā€™re youngā€ ā€œ we donā€™t have the talentā€ will not fly with me. But discussing an extension with him has to have contingencies attached, like hard benchmarks, he must hit, or he canā€™t be here for a year six is my point of view.
Ya,
The University of Tennessee isnā€™t doing any of that.

Has the regression this season caused you to have any doubts about Heupel and his future? In my case, the answer is yes, sort of. I did not think we would see 3 disheartening losses in year 3 of this staff but here we are. I am NOT calling for Heupel's head but I wonder if I'm alone in hearing a little voice in my head that says "this may not be what we thought it was going to be." I hope I'm wrong but I have some experience with the little voice. I have learned to not ignore it.
NO!

Iā€™m concerned about his loyalty to lesser talented players. Nobody can look back on this season and watch every game and say Milton was the best we had. I appreciate every player that chooses to wear the orange and white, but not all can/should be starters. We happened to witness that this year at the most important position on the field.
I think no one can say Milton was the worse either

Not at all, and I'm not even going to call it "regression" given the talent lost and the lack of quality depth.

If anything, last season was an aberration due to all-world performances by the QB and a WR, whose performances exploded after a year in the CJH system. Last year we were way ahead of schedule, and this was always going to be a transition season between the Pruitt holdovers and CJH recruiting classes taking over as the core of the team. Anyone logical and fair minded understands that, which leaves out many on this forum.

Many of us have gone through this exhaustively, but coming off sanctions and a ton of transfers gutting the '21 team, and coming off a decade and a half of mediocre football, expecting an instant turnaround was beyond ridiculous. Truth be told, it will be 2025 before we'll really begin to see either the real fruits of this program or if there are cracks to be concerned about. By then, the '22 and '23 classes will be leading the program, Nico will be in his second year as a starter, and the scholarship sanctions should be history. I don't expect this will placate the "win now or fire him" mob, but it happens to be reality.

Reactions: DuckInAPen

Imo Hype has shown he can win with the right players. It all depends on can Hype get the right players. I have concern on his choice at qb this year though. If Nico isn't better than Milton then we are in trouble

WTF is wrong with people.

At this point I have come to realize we may have the dumbest fan base in collegeā€¦.. We regressed what is sticking out this year that didnā€™t happen last year????? Idk know maybe that this team was bit by the injury bugā€¦.. I wonder how much of the play book had to be trimmed by losing Bru and then Thorton right as he was starting to really come onā€¦.. The defense was top 25 before Hadden went down and has declined bc we canā€™t pay man with Haddenā€¦. We as fans may not like it but giving NIco time to learn the playbook will be massive

Oh my, just how long does it take to learn a playbook? Dobbs learned Minn. playbook in 3 days.

Unless the plan was to redshirt him and it appears it was. So it would be stupid and illogical to burn it when the overall team is an 8 win team.

The only thing that is 100% certain is that the collective I Q of volnation drops every time we lose.

Well if redshirt was the plan then Nico will play Sat because he can play the remaing games and still redshirt. My prediction is that Milton will be the qb unless he were to get hurt.

I'm as disappointed as anyone, but I'll hold out until we see what happens with Nico. We've schemed guys open, catches are dropped, penalties missed, or in our case, shoot ourself in foot, not to mention all thre overthrows and wide open recieve JM never even sees. They never seem to be clicking at the same time. Joe is inconsistent and kills drives.

Hopefully, Heup is doing the right thing and not rushing Nico pays off.
i am not on the receivers as much as some are on here. I have seen a few drops, but they are few and far between. Many plays I thought were drops until I watched the replay were actually poorly thrown balls at 100 mph. Just imagine a baseball pitcher throwing 100 mph just 20 ft away. If its not thrown accurate it is very hard to catch, and probably impossible to hit. I am more blaming Milton on that.

I

1994 we went 8-4 after losing heath Shuler. I'd say we had to play with a replacement and with a freshmen. We didn't look great that year bc it was gap year.

The big difference is that Milton is not even close to Shuler. and that is why many on here want Nico to have more playing time this year to better prepare him for next year.

None for me.

If our collectives can generate enough money and the recruiters do their job, this program will be regularly in the top 10.

Top 10 realisticaly, Every yr I am fine with. Because if you are continously in the top ten you will have opportunities to win it all in some of these years.

Reactions: Hairy Vols

VN Store

Back