Heupel Doubts or No?

No Hooker himself said he was going to bolt till Hypel sold him on staying.
But don’t let that get in the way of your mindless negativity

And he's never here to be retained by Heupel in the first place, if he's not recruited by coach cornbread.

So your belief is what, that Hooker knew Pruitt was getting fired, and came to UT anyway?

I know you want to believe that Heupel is the second coming of Neyland, but he's not responsible for Hooker being at UT.

Hooker chose to stay in spite of Pruitt being fired, and he was passed over for Milton, in spite of having been with Heupel for spring practice.

Hooker said in the very article you posted even has Hooker quoted saying he knew some sort of punishment would happen. He could have easily bolted but didn’t.

And it’s funny that your spectrum on Heupel is that he is another Butch / Pruitt / Dooley or he is the second coming of Neyland with no in between.

He’s not either. I can admit that. Apparently you feel he’s just another regular coach in the Dooley, Butch, Pruitt cycle…. He’s not.

People wish to cry and complain for the sake of it. If you want to finish 7-6 this year, just say it. It’s very clear you view that finish the same as a 9-4 finish. Cry on.

No Hooker himself said he was going to bolt till Hypel sold him on staying.
Everyone watching practice said Milton was the better option early. Hooker said Milton was the better option early.
But don’t let that get in the way of your mindless negativity

People choose to be miserable at all costs. Not surprised a lot of people complain for the sake of it in this fan base. Especially considering the fire Heupel threads started lol

Apparently every fan must make their vote known that they either say Heupel is more of the same or he must be Neyland reincarnate. Maybe we should make a thread to get everyone on the record.

Heupel botched this season just about as bad as one of the previous Vol coaches could botched it all up, especially given all the good will that was generated from last season. They are heading into next season with a big ? at QB.

We are now back to square one with the day Heupel was first hired, but now it is going to cost them more if they have to let him go next season.

Next season is an election year, so everyone is going to be all good and mad and another bad season of not showing up for important games will not be recommended.

Heupel botched this season just about as bad as one of the previous Vol coaches could botched it all up, especially given all the good will that was generated from last season. They are heading into next season with a big ? at QB.

We are now back to square one with the day Heupel was first hired, but now it is going to cost them more if they have to let him go next season.

Next season is an election year, so everyone is going to be all good and mad and another bad season of not showing up for important games will not be recommended.

We are not back at square 1. If you think we are now in the same roster position as day 1 of Heupel starting this job, you have to be a new fan.

Heupel right now is a tier above the past 3 coaches but his play calling, lack of in game adjustments and not motivating his team to be competitive are on par with the past three. Next year he will have his first recruited QB and it will be year 4. No excuses next year. It’s all on him.

Hooker said in the very article you posted even has Hooker quoted saying he knew some sort of punishment would happen. He could have easily bolted but didn’t.

And it’s funny that your spectrum on Heupel is that he is another Butch / Pruitt / Dooley or he is the second coming of Neyland with no in between.

He’s not either. I can admit that. Apparently you feel he’s just another regular coach in the Dooley, Butch, Pruitt cycle…. He’s not.

People wish to cry and complain for the sake of it. If you want to finish 7-6 this year, just say it. It’s very clear you view that finish the same as a 9-4 finish. Cry on.

Lol, Hooker is still never at UT if he's not recruited by Pruitt.

I've said it numerous times, with every coach, OOC wins mean nothing without a winning conference record.

Heupel isn't being paid $9 million a year to get wins over UVA and UConn.

Lol, Hooker is still never at UT if he's not recruited by Pruitt.

I've said it numerous times, with every coach, OOC wins mean nothing without a winning conference record.

Heupel isn't being paid $9 million a year to get wins over UVA and UConn.

Hooker doesn’t stay at Tennessee if Heupel didn’t want him…. We can do this all day.

And regarding the pay, Tennessee is paying $9m for him to stabilize the program in the short term… and he has done that drastically as Tennessee has become 1 of 6 athletic departments to cross over the $200m mark in revenue with the surge coming from football…..

Tennessee paid Butch almost $9m to not coach here anymore. Heupel is getting paid $9m and has already surpassed anything done in Butch’s 5 years while only being 3 seasons in.

I’m a realist. Heupel is getting 5 years here minimum. This means entering year 5, the roster is basically 99% his guys and that there will be stability having him here. Could he flop? Sure. Nothing is given. But this notion that people have only two camps (second coming of Neyland or Butch/Pruitt 2.0) to be in on judging him is idiotic.

Hooker doesn’t stay at Tennessee if Heupel didn’t want him…. We can do this all day.

And regarding the pay, Tennessee is paying $9m for him to stabilize the program in the short term… and he has done that drastically as Tennessee has become 1 of 6 athletic departments to cross over the $200m mark in revenue with the surge coming from football…..

Tennessee paid Butch almost $9m to not coach here anymore. Heupel is getting paid $9m and has already surpassed anything done in Butch’s 5 years while only being 3 seasons in.

I’m a realist. Heupel is getting 5 years here minimum. This means entering year 5, the roster is basically 99% his guys and that there will be stability having him here. Could he flop? Sure. Nothing is given. But this notion that people have only two camps (second coming of Neyland or Butch/Pruitt 2.0) to be in on judging him is idiotic.

What coach is not going to attempt to keep multiple QBs on the roster?

Heupel then went out and recruited Joe Milton, and started him over Hooker until he was injured.

At the moment, the reality is that Huepel has had more success at UT, with players he didn't recruit, than those he did, including QB which has been his perceived 'forte'.

You can't crap on Pruitt's recruits, and then tout the 10-2 season being a crowning achievement for Heupel.

There should always be some doubt. But in the context of this thread. No.

The idiocy of some of these comments is incredible. Have you really forgotten the train wreck he inherited? This year is more like where the program should be rather than last year. UT didn’t have a lot of critical injuries last year so the depth held up. This year about half the original starters are out plus some two deep guys. They’re playing walk ons vs UGA.

Who has not played who was “more talented “ and ready to play? Nico? Who else? If at all possible you develop guys before you play them. Milton has flaws but he was enough to play while Nico gained about 25 lbs, learned th O, and got used to the college game. He’s not battered due to being thrown in before he’s ready

Is the team discouraged? Struggling? Yes. Getting screwed weekly by the officials while losing as many key players as they have kind of does that to you. But they aren’t poorly led. If they were then Heupel would be having the kinds of spasms some of you are

I’ve never advocated “giving” a coach time just because. But Heupel has done more than enough to get a little patience

What coach is not going to attempt to keep multiple QBs on the roster?

Heupel then went out and recruited Joe Milton, and started him over Hooker until he was injured.

At the moment, the reality is that Huepel has had more success at UT, with players he didn't recruit, than those he did, including QB which has been his perceived 'forte'.

You can't crap on Pruitt's recruits, and then tout the 10-2 season being a crowning achievement for Heupel.
And? Everyone who saw fall practice said Milton should start. And it wasn’t close. It happens. Then Milton got a little nicked up. He could have played the next game but Heupel started Hooker. HH showed things that he had not shiwn in practice or at VT. By the next game he was the starter.

It is beyond dumb to say Heupel should have handled that differently

And? Everyone who saw fall practice said Milton should start. And it wasn’t close. It happens. Then Milton got a little nicked up. He could have played the next game but Heupel started Hooker. HH showed things that he had not shiwn in practice or at VT. By the next game he was the starter.

It is beyond dumb to say Heupel should have handled that differently

Because Heupel has billed himself as being a QB guru.

Heupel invited skepticism when he started Milton over Hooker, and stuck with Milton this season when it became obvious that he limits the team's ability to score points, when the offensive ethos is basically to move at warp speed and score as quickly and as often as possible.

Heupel is here for 6 years minimum, and it looks more likely that we're having the same debates the entire time, than it doesn't.

He gets his class next year… this will be the tell tale sign. Can he win with his guys. If not.. we move along

The old "current coach is beyond criticism because he's the coach, and his critics are not" fallacy; classic.
No more classic than bitching about the coach, players, program, wanting to fire the coach and start over, fire the AD, bench this player bench that player etc…….all be cause didnt win SEC, Natty win by 50 etc etc.

Instant gratification generation

No more classic than bitching about the coach, players, program, wanting to fire the coach and start over, fire the AD, bench this player bench that player etc…….all be cause didnt win SEC, Natty win by 50 etc etc.

Instant gratification generation
Please quote me where I said "Heupel should be fired", or where I said he should have won the SEC or a national championship this season.

I'll make ☕ while we wait.

Please quote me where I said "Heupel should be fired", or where I said he should have won the SEC or a national championship this season.

I'll make ☕ while we wait.
Please quote me where I said you said anything.

My posts were in general then you inserted yourself into it, I simply made another comparison of “classic” as you did.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
What's our record through 9 games been the past 15 years? I'll take the success we've had, and hope the recruiting classes fill in. We still don't have a top to bottom team. I will judge the year after next. Nico will be in year two and we should make some noise again.

Reactions: Sarms58
Not worried.
Think about the injuries. We were pretty much playing back ups, and in some cases back ups of the back ups

VN Store

Back