Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curb is all time favorite...even moreso than Seinfeld. Larry David is the mind/model behind the two greatest comedies/sitcoms TV has ever seen. The Office, Arrested Developement (FOX yrs, not that bullsh!t they brought back to Netflix), Its Always Sunny...,Cheers, Frasier, The Cosby Show, Community (first 4 or 5 seasons), That 70's Show, My Name Is Earl, Sanford and Son...all come next, in no particular order.

Original seasons of Arrested is genius for sure. Been going through Sunny again, there were a few amazing episodes each season then some misses. Workaholics was fun when it was firing on all cylinders. The League was also great, such a spot on cast of characters.

I will also say What We Do In The Shadows is up there.

Folks taking about sitcoms,

Better Off Ted is the most underrated sitcom. I die laughing everytime. Unfortunately cut short by the writers' strike and only two seasons.
As far as underappreciated comedies, I'll throw my hat in the ring for Californication. David Duchovny and the lead female are fantastic. I only got into it a few years ago, but it is well worth the time.

Freaks and Geeks.
Fun fact our own VN Freak was in the show and played drums like Neil Peart
Great call.

The whole 1 season thing leaves me with so many "what ifs" but you also look at how crazy talented that cast was and wonder if it my have impeded their own progress. Absurd cast looking back...plus Apatow...yeesh

dont-like-dislike.gif

Great list. Still hard to fathom how long Always Sunny has been on. Longest running live comedy of all-time jeesh. Arrested Development, I liked it all, but yes the originals are tough to beat.

Along the lines of Always Sunny I'd also throw in Workaholics and Broad City.

Scrubs is up there for me too. Brown bear and vanilla bear are a great duo.

Not sure there will ever be shows quite like Curb and Seinfeld, but Always Sunny nailed the "awful people" angle.
I'm surprised the gang has wanted to do it this long. More so than the network ending it (good for FX trusting them in the beginning seasons and staying loyal); but, it does surprise me that ALL of them have stayed. Most actors/actresses don't do that, especially now days...they move on after awhile, or grow to hate what introduced them to the world.

Yeah, WAS NOT a fan of the AD continuation. It lost it's way, imo...don't think it was so much the move to NF, as it was how much time had passed. AD and Dexter, both ruined by reboots.

Love Scrubs and Workaholics! Been a long while for both, though, since I watched. Never have watched Broad City, I'll take your word for it. Young adults living in NY...idk...content would have to be fresh, not refried, a different spin...as close to original as one could possibly get, or...at least not as predictable as I can imagine it being. BUT! You have shown a pretty good show game, so...

Yeah...Curb. No matter how different Larry David is than the rest of us, EVERYONE, no matter their lot in life, can relate to him. And, Curb is all improv, which adds to it's brilliance. GOAT.

Reactions: bignewt
Except good shows.

I kid, I kid. Eastbound & Down was great, ran too long imo though. Never got into Silicon Valley.

Flight of the Conchords is an older HBO comedy that I loved, they do have some great series comedy & drama.
Any Californication fans out there? I loved that show.

Great call.

The whole 1 season thing leaves me with so many "what ifs" but you also look at how crazy talented that cast was and wonder if it my have impeded their own progress. Absurd cast looking back...plus Apatow...yeesh

It was personal relation to the show, Which side were on in HS?

Rush is Geek and Freak.and to me one of the most insightful bands ever..Listen to those lyrics surrounded by 3 of the best musicians ever.

Look at my sig bro.

Reactions: Johnnycomelately
Original seasons of Arrested is genius for sure. Been going through Sunny again, there were a few amazing episodes each season then some misses. Workaholics was fun when it was firing on all cylinders. The League was also great, such a spot on cast of characters.

I will also say What We Do In The Shadows is up there.
What We Do In The Shadows is in the top 5, of shows I've wanted to watch for awhile, just haven't the chance. I LOVED Flight of the Conchords.

Out of that many episodes, there are bound to be some duds, talking about Sunny...or, just about every other show...even The Sopranos had some snoozers. Very few are perfect, each time out...like Mad Men or Curb.

The League...just watched Safety Not Guaranteed last night. Duplass is awesome. Creep 1&2...brilliant. Watching Room 104 now.

I'm surprised the gang has wanted to do it this long. More so than the network ending it (good for FX trusting them in the beginning seasons and staying loyal); but, it does surprise me that ALL of them have stayed. Most actors/actresses don't do that, especially now days...they move on after awhile, or grow to hate what introduced them to the world.

Yeah, WAS NOT a fan of the AD continuation. It lost it's way, imo...don't think it was so much the move to NF, as it was how much time had passed. AD and Dexter, both ruined by reboots.

Love Scrubs and Workaholics! Been a long while for both, though, since I watched. Never have watched Broad City, I'll take your word for it. Young adults living in NY...idk...content would have to be fresh, not refried, a different spin...as close to original as one could possibly get, or...at least not as predictable as I can imagine it being. BUT! You have shown a pretty good show game, so...

Yeah...Curb. No matter how different Larry David is than the rest of us, EVERYONE, no matter their lot in life, can relate to him. And, Curb is all improv, which adds to it's brilliance. GOAT.

Dexter went into the crapper well before the reboot. I’d argue only seasons 1 and 2 were actually good.

Reactions: MockingVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back