Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh Heupel is college football’s newest $9 Million Dollar man.

Well deserved. Not let’s go win a natty!

laying-down-money.gif

Yo morans, no peanut butter, almost as bad as Mayo. And im deathly allergic.

To Eric Cain, its Duce, not douche Robinson.

UT wanted to make CJH one of the 10 highest paid CFB coaches. Of course, most of them are in the SEC, so he's still behind several rivals. If UT had made the playoffs, I believe he would've been among the top 5, but his contract is structured to incentivize performance. We'll see UT HCs in the top 5 in FB, MBB and BB if the programs continue to be championship-track. WBB and softball have work to do-- but the resources are there. Everything school-- leadership in all sports, academics and the community-- is very much a thing.

UT wanted to make CJH one of the 10 highest paid CFB coaches. Of course, most of them are in the SEC, so he's still behind several rivals. If UT had made the playoffs, I believe he would've been among the top 5, but his contract is structured to incentivize performance. We'll see UT HCs in the top 5 in FB, MBB and BB if the programs continue to be championship-track. WBB and softball have work to do-- but the resources are there. Everything school-- leadership in all sports, academics and the community-- is very much a thing.
That’s awesome 😎 👏

The video stopped too soon. Was it a swing that went up the other side? Did they joyfully plummet to their deaths? Inquiring minds want to know.
If it’s a swing, I would like to try it. The happy death plummet, not so much.
At least it’s not in a cave…😳

What if there is a small underground cave at the bottom, filled with water to cushion the blow so they don't suffer instant death. But then the impact causes them to get stuck in between rocks and unable to free themselves due to the seat belts being damaged from the fall and they slowly drown.

Reactions: StoVol
With that salary, comes increased scrutiny. Fair or unfair. Just ask Rick. Hope he is ready for it. Honeymoon phase with our fanbase is officially over.
At this job you get max scrutiny…regardless of salary. Nothing’s increased or decreased. Only ones complaining won’t pay a cent.

Last edited:
Yep...I mostly lived in Murray County, but still in the Dalton area from 88-98. I did live in Dalton proper in 95-97.
I lived in Dalton near Tunnel Hill from 95-98. Coached at one of the High Schools. My youngest worked for a Missions organization on Fort Mountain several years ago. Beautiful area.

Not sure why people think UT won't hire a great MBB coach to replace Barnes when he decides to retire. It's not like UT doesn't know it's coming or DW doesn't know what kind of HC will be a good fit. The template is there across all marquee sports. UT's HCs get along so well because they're a lot alike in critical ways. That's not a coincidence.

Curious as to the buy-out.

Tennessee's Josh Heupel gets big raise after leading Vols to 11-win season

"If Heupel were dismissed without cause prior to December 15, 2025, then Tennessee would owe him 100% of what he would be owed through the remained of the contract. The buyout drops to 75% if termination occurs between December 15, 2025 and December 14, 2027. On December 15, 2027, the buyout falls to 50%."

Edit: Unsure what he would owe if he left. Would it be the same amounts?

Edit Edit: Shared by @bkbasketball-

One interesting note is that there is not change in the contract to the buyout of Heupel leaving on his own. 4 million after this season. Drops a million each year.
-Hubbs

Last edited:

Danny White is a godsend. Best hire this university has ever made. Leadership matters.

I look at Rick as a relatively high floor lower ceiling coach based on track record. You’ll finish around 3-5 in your conference. Have a solid team and usually be ranked. Which that’s what Tennessee needs at the moment. It’s made the job more attractive along with a bunch of other new developments over the last 2 years under the new administration

I don’t even know what to say. Are you paying attention to basketball at all?

Not sure why people think UT won't hire a great MBB coach to replace Barnes when he decides to retire. It's not like UT doesn't know it's coming or DW doesn't know what kind of HC will be a good fit. The template is there across all marquee sports. UT's HCs get along so well because they're a lot alike in critical ways. That's not a coincidence.
I’d trust DW to get it right. Look at the quality of coaches he has hired at previous stops.

This I don't understand people who pretend like we won't or can't get someone better. White is a respected name, TN seems to have a good NIL in place, and I think our AD will throw money at the right guy. Plus let's not forget White was the one who found Oats. It's not a foregone conclusion that we can't or won't do better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back