.849 OPS 115+ 6.8 WAR
2 AS, 5 GG, 1 SS

Todd Helton 2000-2004
1.093 OPS 160+ 7.5 WAR
5 AS, 3 GG, 4 SS

Scott Rolen 2000-2004
.912 OPS 136+ 6.1 WAR
3 AS, 5 GG, 1 SS

Andruw was the better defender at a premium position.
Helton was the better bat, but could also field.
Rolen looks kinda meh in comparison.

I saw a hot take that Nyckelos Harbor is now going to Colorado. Is this true or did anyone else hear this or is this rumor?

Certainly arguable.

Andruw Jones 1998-2002
.849 OPS 115+ 6.8 WAR
2 AS, 5 GG, 1 SS

Todd Helton 2000-2004
1.093 OPS 160+ 7.5 WAR
5 AS, 3 GG, 4 SS

Scott Rolen 2000-2004
.912 OPS 136+ 6.1 WAR
3 AS, 5 GG, 1 SS

Andruw was the better defender at a premium position.
Helton was the better bat, but could also field.
Rolen looks kinda meh in comparison.
Andruw Jones won 10 consecutive GG from 1998 through 2007.

Jeff Lebby a serious candidate for the Bama OC job. Hmm. Wouldn’t really understand the move there. If his offense does well at Oklahoma and Brent gets canned then he’d be in prime position

If his offense does well at Bama and Venables gets canned, he’d still be in prime position if he wanted. They’ll go offensive HC next round

Not a fan of this. Seems like a future problem.

If you love something set it free. If it comes back it’s yours. If not, it was never meant to be.

That was a minor joke, in case you couldn't tell. But on the subject of athletic budgets in general, I think the numbers in cfb are imprudent. The payroll/infrastructure/NIL race could put a lot of schools and their benefactors in dire straits if they face an adverse macroeconomic climate or an adverse court ruling re revenue sharing. I wonder if universities are trying to put a firewall between athletic obligations and the general budget.

Although, the scenario of too much risk applies to every aspect of our overleveraged economy, so I guess full speed ahead is a more entertaining way to proceed.

Reactions: SpringBokVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back