Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flat and ugly. Not a fan of flat. I need contours, hills, mountains.

Also HBO makes the best comedies

Veep
Curb Your Enthusiasm

My top two. Barry and High Maintenance are also up there along with the Danny McBride trilogy, The Larry Sanders Show, Silicon Valley...I mean nothing else can touch them.
Curb is all time favorite...even moreso than Seinfeld. Larry David is the mind/model behind the two greatest comedies/sitcoms TV has ever seen. The Office, Arrested Developement (FOX yrs, not that bullsh!t they brought back to Netflix), Its Always Sunny...,Cheers, Frasier, The Cosby Show, Community (first 4 or 5 seasons), That 70's Show, My Name Is Earl, Sanford and Son...all come next, in no particular order.

UT wanted to make CJH one of the 10 highest paid CFB coaches. Of course, most of them are in the SEC, so he's still behind several rivals. If UT had made the playoffs, I believe he would've been among the top 5, but his contract is structured to incentivize performance. We'll see UT HCs in the top 5 in FB, MBB and BB if the programs continue to be championship-track. WBB and softball have work to do-- but the resources are there. Everything school-- leadership in all sports, academics and the community-- is very much a thing.
Who would have thought this could happen 5 years ago :cool::cool::cool::cool:. I hope they're doing everything possible to keep the UT administration happy too.

Not a fan of this. Seems like a future problem.
That was my first instinct as well. But then I remembered many bigtime coaches have a zero buyout, Dabo and Saban for example. They can leave whenever they want. Pay them and their staff so well that they don’t want to leave. And why would Heupel leave Knoxville? He’s a King right now and after he wins a natty he’ll be a God.

My favorite sitcoms (judge away) and the only series I have finished every episode.

The League
Parks & Recreation
Parks and Rec is amazing. So many great characters. Have seen it 2 or 3 times all the way.

The League I've only seen a time or two but even recently someone was saying I should revisit it.

UT wanted to make CJH one of the 10 highest paid CFB coaches. Of course, most of them are in the SEC, so he's still behind several rivals. If UT had made the playoffs, I believe he would've been among the top 5, but his contract is structured to incentivize performance. We'll see UT HCs in the top 5 in FB, MBB and BB if the programs continue to be championship-track. WBB and softball have work to do-- but the resources are there. Everything school-- leadership in all sports, academics and the community-- is very much a thing.
LETTUCE GO VOLS!!!!!!

Curb is all time favorite...even moreso than Seinfeld. Larry David is the mind/model behind the two greatest comedies/sitcoms TV has ever seen. The Office, Arrested Developement (FOX yrs, not that bullsh!t they brought back to Netflix), Its Always Sunny...,Cheers, Frasier, The Cosby Show, Community (first 4 or 5 seasons), That 70's Show, My Name Is Earl, Sanford and Son...all come next, in no particular order.
Great list. Still hard to fathom how long Always Sunny has been on. Longest running live comedy of all-time jeesh. Arrested Development, I liked it all, but yes the originals are tough to beat.

Along the lines of Always Sunny I'd also throw in Workaholics and Broad City.

Scrubs is up there for me too. Brown bear and vanilla bear are a great duo.

Not sure there will ever be shows quite like Curb and Seinfeld, but Always Sunny nailed the "awful people" angle.

Folks taking about sitcoms,

Better Off Ted is the most underrated sitcom. I die laughing everytime. Unfortunately cut short by the writers' strike and only two seasons.

Reactions: Glitch
Flat and ugly. Not a fan of flat. I need contours, hills, mountains.

Also HBO makes the best comedies

Veep
Curb Your Enthusiasm

My top two. Barry and High Maintenance are also up there along with the Danny McBride trilogy, The Larry Sanders Show, Silicon Valley...I mean nothing else can touch them.

Except good shows.

I kid, I kid. Eastbound & Down was great, ran too long imo though. Never got into Silicon Valley.

Flight of the Conchords is an older HBO comedy that I loved, they do have some great series comedy & drama.

Mayo and Ketchup mixed together make great thousand island dressing. That's all I've used on salads for years. Don't knock it if you haven't tried it. I put the mayo in a bowl and stir it with a spoon and then put ketchup in the bowl and stir it up----good stuff :cool::cool:

Grew up on on that! Was my mom's go to. She just added some sweet pickle relish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back