Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure he wants to make a deep run and change the narrative, but no matter what, he'll leave the program better than he found it. I think everybody would like him to end his career on a high note. He's done a lot for, and meant a lot to, UT. Boyd was right to pay him to stick. Regardless of how it ends, that leap of faith paid off.
If he never makes that run ill debate you til the cows come home about it being the right move.

Reactions: LA Vol
This I don't understand people who pretend like we won't or can't get someone better. White is a respected name, TN seems to have a good NIL in place, and I think our AD will throw money at the right guy. Plus let's not forget White was the one who found Oats. It's not a foregone conclusion that we can't or won't do better.

...Said so many folks in 2008 about Phil Fulmer...

I say enjoy the winning coaches while you have them and try to keep them here as long as you can!

Not sure why people think UT won't hire a great MBB coach to replace Barnes when he decides to retire. It's not like UT doesn't know it's coming or DW doesn't know what kind of HC will be a good fit. The template is there across all marquee sports. UT's HCs get along so well because they're a lot alike in critical ways. That's not a coincidence.
Does DW (& RB) prefer an established talent to replace Barnes? Or is he looking for an up and coming talent?

Danny White is a godsend. Best hire this university has ever made. Leadership matters.
Exactly. Look at former powers struggling (Florida). It comes down to great leadership focused and able to execute decision making leading to success. Mike Hamilton didn't have that focus or ability and thus...UT went in the cellar for over a decade.

Now, we always have Danny White's brother for BBALL. :p

Does DW (& RB) prefer an established talent to replace Barnes? Or is he looking for an up and coming talent?

I think younger, experienced coaches who're innovative, confident, relatable, passionate about what they do, can grow the program and see UT as a destination would be the prototype for all UT sports. CJH and CTV are good examples of fit. They're good people with goals and values. They invest in us, we invest in them and together, we go get championships.

Agree with your overall post but not Bone. That was targeted strategy. Not pretending to know what he got out of it. I know he liked the board and interaction with most of the posters on here…but he was a liar. Likeable liars are no less duplicitous. Held off putting him and Bruin on ignore the longest, but got the most net peace from the effort.
Bone was the best troll this board has ever seen, imo...or, that I ever saw on here.

Admit all I saw was cities. And suburbs with extremely small fenced in spaces they called yards. Stayed a week at my aunt’s once and seriously felt claustrophobic. What do you consider bad about Mississippi?

Flat and ugly. Not a fan of flat. I need contours, hills, mountains.

Also HBO makes the best comedies

Veep
Curb Your Enthusiasm

My top two. Barry and High Maintenance are also up there along with the Danny McBride trilogy, The Larry Sanders Show, Silicon Valley...I mean nothing else can touch them.

And I mix mayo and ketchup together to dip my french fried potaters in. Yum!

Mayo and Ketchup mixed together make great thousand island dressing. That's all I've used on salads for years. Don't knock it if you haven't tried it. I put the mayo in a bowl and stir it with a spoon and then put ketchup in the bowl and stir it up----good stuff :cool::cool:

Mayo and Ketchup mixed together make great thousand island dressing. That's all I've used on salads for years. Don't knock it if you haven't tried it. I put the mayo in a bowl and stir it with a spoon and then put ketchup in the bowl and stir it up----good stuff :cool::cool:

add chili powder and a little relish and you got it.

Flat and ugly. Not a fan of flat. I need contours, hills, mountains.

Also HBO makes the best comedies

Veep
Curb Your Enthusiasm

My top two. Barry and High Maintenance are also up there along with the Danny McBride trilogy, The Larry Sanders Show, Silicon Valley...I mean nothing else can touch them.
Dave Chappelle money.gif

Vols' Heupel lands extension, raise to $9M/year

Heupel's incentives package was also increased. He would earn $100,000 for making a bowl game and up to $1 million for winning the national championship. Other incentives include $50,000 for finishing in the Top 25, $100,000 for finishing in the top 10 and $150,000 for finishing in the top 5 as well as additional money for playing in the SEC championship game, winning coach of the year and his team reaching certain academic progress rates. Heupel will also receive increased private jet usage.

"The results over Josh's first two years speak for themselves," Tennessee athletic director Danny White said in a statement. "He and his staff have energized both our football program and our fan base with an aggressive brand of football, a competitive culture that creates leaders and a relentless approach to raising the bar every single day. Despite a brief period of dormancy, Tennessee never surrendered its status as a college football powerhouse. We just needed an innovative leader like Josh Heupel to reignite the spark.

"It's been fun to crash the party, but as Josh said after our Orange Bowl triumph [over Clemson], the best is yet to come."

Heupel said in a statement: "Our staff takes great pride in representing the Power T, and it's something we never take for granted. We will continue to work tirelessly to build a championship program that all of Vol Nation and all VFLs can be proud of. Most importantly, our players are the people who deserve all of the credit for our resurgence on Rocky Top."

Tennessee's No. 1 ranking in the initial College Football Playoff rankings last season was its first in school history. The Vols hosted ESPN's "College GameDay" twice last season and sold out six straight games at home.

Not a fan of this. Seems like a future problem.
Jimbo had a 17 million dollar buyout. If someone else wants your guy bad enough… As is, he’s appreciated with a boss that has his back. Someone beats those dynamics, a monetary figure isn’t going to overcome it. What keeps him here is more of what he’s getting from this job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back