George Santos (aka Kitara Ravache): The Fabulous Fabulist

NO! Who’s going to do the “official vetting”? The party in power, the corrupt and politics driven FBI or are we going to start a whole new federal bureaucracy to vet candidates? The ultimate responsibility to vet a political candidate lies with the voter.

I'm assuming you had a security clearance, and you probably haven't changed that much politically; we didn't get rejected because the people involved held different ideas. I get the part about politics and the feds, but some things should be too straightforward to screw up. There has to be a way of doing a security clearance without political favoritism getting in the way - it's not rocket science - just basic police work.

If we are incapable of vetting impartially, then that means we are at the point that we can't remove politics from the process. There is the observer effect in quantum physics that says you can't measure with out influencing which probably works as well to define the issue with people - except that may be a two way street - that the measured can affect the observer, but if we don't put better people in office we can never clean up bias. This stuff has to start somewhere. Use the people who do military clearances all day every day - they have to have developed some sense of the "I don't care who it is".

It's not the guy who said he worked for Goldman Sachs and Citigroup, and gave very specific details concerning his duties and achievements there. Both of those companies say they have no record of Santos ever having been employed with them.

It's not the guy who is currently saying that he never performed as a drag queen, even though there is a mountain of evidence proving that he did, including videos, pictures, accounts from friends of his.

It's not the guy who said that his mom survived the 9/11 attacks at the World Trade Center, when she was in Brazil.

You really wanna die on the Hill of George Santos?
It's not about dying on the hill of George santos. You're being a typical leftist schrill. Because we've been listening to Biden tell lies for the last 2 plus years on every aspect of his life. And you guys are dunking over George Santos like it's some big time conspiracy. The dudes a POS just like every other politician out there for the most part. And for your little sensitive feelings that are getting hurt by it and all your Pearl clutching is kind of pathetic

Reactions: AM64
It's not about dying on the hill of George santos. You're being a typical leftist schrill. Because we've been listening to Biden tell lies for the last 2 plus years on every aspect of his life. And you guys are dunking over George Santos like it's some big time conspiracy. The dudes a POS just like every other politician out there for the most part. And for your little sensitive feelings that are getting hurt by it and all your Pearl clutching is kind of pathetic

I even agree with BB that Santos is unfit for office; but if you are going to exclude him, then you have to go after a bunch more. If you are going to do that, you better have good reasons and policy to back it all up ... and we don't. We have no requirements on education or work history - nor should we; as such, we really have no right to ask or question because it's not a qualifier or disqualifier for office. The issue is lying, and there are a bunch of liars in congress and one (generally at all times) in the WH. Lying and keeping classified material confidential generally don't go together well at all ... that's the rub.

Reactions: whodeycin85
I'm assuming you had a security clearance, and you probably haven't changed that much politically; we didn't get rejected because the people involved held different ideas. I get the part about politics and the feds, but some things should be too straightforward to screw up. There has to be a way of doing a security clearance without political favoritism getting in the way - it's not rocket science - just basic police work.

If we are incapable of vetting impartially, then that means we are at the point that we can't remove politics from the process. There is the observer effect in quantum physics that says you can't measure with out influencing which probably works as well to define the issue with people - except that may be a two way street - that the measured can affect the observer, but if we don't put better people in office we can never clean up bias. This stuff has to start somewhere. Use the people who do military clearances all day every day - they have to have developed some sense of the "I don't care who it is".

You’re out of your mind if you think that is what you’ll get from the FBI. Have you not learned anything the last 5 or so years?

Reactions: hog88
Translation: "I wasn't a drag queen. There was just a period in my life where I did everything a drag queen would do."

Last edited:
You’re out of your mind if you think that is what you’ll get from the FBI. Have you not learned anything the last 5 or so years?

I checked on something I remembered from several years ago. As far as I can tell the FBI is no longer and for some time hasn't been involved in background investigations for security clearances. DOD was supposed to take over the agency doing the vetting because of a huge backlog that had developed. Here's a little background on that.

On April 24, 2019, Executive Order (EO) 13869 directed the transfer of the National Background Investigations Bureau (NBIB), the primary investigative service provider (ISP) for the Federal Government that conducts ~95% of all federal background investigations, from the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) to the Department of Defense (DoD), effective October 1, 2019. This realignment of the federal personnel vetting mission enlarged the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA) and ushered the next era of personnel vetting.

Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency > About Us > History

DOD to Take Over Background Checks by Fiscal 2020 > U.S. Department of Defense > Defense Department News

Translation: "I wasn't a drag queen. There was just a period in my life where I did everything a drag queen would do."

He's a shat bag. But it feels a little like the left is excited to embarrass him over his sexual choices. That feels like it's in conflict with what you all claim regarding supporting people choosing what sex and color they are. Strange indeed.

He's a shat bag. But it feels a little like the left is excited to embarrass him over his sexual choices. That feels like it's in conflict with what you all claim regarding supporting people choosing what sex and color they are. Strange indeed.
I'm fine with his sexual choices. I think the GOP didn't like getting shafted by the guy when he got into Congress through the backdoor. That's been too much for them to swallow. It's left a bad taste in their mouth.

If here were on the other side I’m sure he would’ve already hosted a kindergarten classes trip at the Library of Congress where he reads the adventures of a person named Sam. Is it Uncle Sam or Aunt Sam? Come find out.

Neither side is going to pass up an opportunity to swing away at such low-hanging fruit (pun intended).

Everybody loves irony.

A newly elected Republican Congressman being outed as a drag queen, after all the recent fuss that party has made over drag shows supposedly corrupting the minds of our children, is so rich and thick with irony, you would need a Ginsu to slice it.

This isn't Alanis Morrissette-style irony we are talking about here either. No, sir. This meets the true definition of the word ... BIG TIME.

If here were on the other side I’m sure he would’ve already hosted a kindergarten classes trip at the Library of Congress where he reads the adventures of a person named Sam. Is it Uncle Sam or Aunt Sam? Come find out.
And if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

Fabulist congressman George Santos now claims he was an ASSASSINATION target - and describes being mugged for his shoes on Fifth Avenue

US Rep. George Santos has claimed that he was the target of an assassination attempt, after facing calls to resign from fellow New York Republicans over his fantastic lies about his life history.

Santos made the assassination claim in an interview with a Brazilian podcast last month, in which he also claimed he was mugged on Manhattan's Fifth Avenue by assailants who stole his shoes.

'In the summer of 2021, in the middle of Fifth Avenue at 55th (Street), I was mugged by two men,' Santos told the Rádio Novelo podcast in Portuguese, according to a video of the interview published by MSNBC on Monday.

He continued: 'Before asking any questions, they weren't black, they were white as a matter of fact, but they robbed me, took my briefcase, took my shoes and my watch. And that was in broad daylight.'

66898099-11669517-image-a-31_1674543071809.jpg

Fifth Avenue is seen last month during a temporary closure to car traffic. Santos claims his shoes were stolen on the busy thoroughfare in the middle of the afternoon

Fabulist congressman George Santos now claims he was targeted for assassination | Daily Mail Online

VN Store

Back