George Santos (aka Kitara Ravache): The Fabulous Fabulist

I even agree with BB that Santos is unfit for office; but if you are going to exclude him, then you have to go after a bunch more. If you are going to do that, you better have good reasons and policy to back it all up ... and we don't. We have no requirements on education or work history - nor should we; as such, we really have no right to ask or question because it's not a qualifier or disqualifier for office. The issue is lying, and there are a bunch of liars in congress and one (generally at all times) in the WH. Lying and keeping classified material confidential generally don't go together well at all ... that's the rub.

Yes, we absolutely have a right to ask. A far better view is not that it is irrelevant because it is not a qualifier for office, but rather extremely relevant despite it not being a disqualifier for office.

Yes, we absolutely have a right to ask. A far better view is not that it is irrelevant because it is not a qualifier for office, but rather extremely relevant despite it not being a disqualifier for office.

I agree with you that we should know, but that's not the point. If something is important, then codify the question, formalize and make official the information gathering. Otherwise it's simply a "he said" "she said" process that the news media play today. As far as I know there are no educational or work experience requirements to be elected to congress - not even a requirement to be literate, and there's obviously no requirement that a potential member not be a security risk. One guy elected the last round was dead and another a vegetable, so obviously the current system is deeply flawed. Make vetting a real process or go home and accept what you get.

I won't let these scandals drag me down: Republican fantasist George Santos says colleagues have asked him to co-sponsor multiple bills ... while dodging questions about mysterious $500,000 loan

The lawmaker had passed the threshold into his private workplace when he spun around upon hearing DailyMail.com's question on whether he'd been asked to co-sponsor any bills during his short time in Congress so far.

'Yes! Seven,' Santos said, pointing in the direction of DailyMail.com's reporter.

Asked which ones, he added: 'Take a look! Seven!'

A search of Congress' official website shows Santos is in fact co-sponsoring six bills - not seven.

Among them is an impeachment resolution against Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas, led by Texas GOP Rep. Pat Fallon and co-sponsored by 34 other lawmakers.

Another is a Constitutional amendment calling for term limits for members of Congress. That bill was brought by Rep. Ralph Norman of South Carolina and has 58 total co-sponsors.

The most recent bill that Santos is listed as a co-sponsor on specifically targets his home state of New York's recent bail reform laws.

It would award $10 Million in Justice Department grants to states which laws mandate that courts 'consider dangerousness when determining bail or pretrial release.'

'To receive grant money, states with these laws must also take steps to hire and retain law enforcement or administer a public awareness campaign that combats anti-police sentiment and improves community-police relations,' a press release for the bill states.

All 11 Republican members of New York's Congressional delegation are backing the bill, including its sponsor - House GOP Conference Chair Elise Stefanik - third highest ranking Republican in the lower chamber.

George Santos says he's co-sponsoring 7 bills despite scandals (it's actually 6) | Daily Mail Online

I won't let these scandals drag me down: Republican fantasist George Santos says colleagues have asked him to co-sponsor multiple bills ... while dodging questions about mysterious $500,000 loan

The lawmaker had passed the threshold into his private workplace when he spun around upon hearing DailyMail.com's question on whether he'd been asked to co-sponsor any bills during his short time in Congress so far.

'Yes! Seven,' Santos said, pointing in the direction of DailyMail.com's reporter.

Asked which ones, he added: 'Take a look! Seven!'

A search of Congress' official website shows Santos is in fact co-sponsoring six bills - not seven.

Among them is an impeachment resolution against Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas, led by Texas GOP Rep. Pat Fallon and co-sponsored by 34 other lawmakers.

Another is a Constitutional amendment calling for term limits for members of Congress. That bill was brought by Rep. Ralph Norman of South Carolina and has 58 total co-sponsors.

The most recent bill that Santos is listed as a co-sponsor on specifically targets his home state of New York's recent bail reform laws.

It would award $10 Million in Justice Department grants to states which laws mandate that courts 'consider dangerousness when determining bail or pretrial release.'

'To receive grant money, states with these laws must also take steps to hire and retain law enforcement or administer a public awareness campaign that combats anti-police sentiment and improves community-police relations,' a press release for the bill states.

All 11 Republican members of New York's Congressional delegation are backing the bill, including its sponsor - House GOP Conference Chair Elise Stefanik - third highest ranking Republican in the lower chamber.

George Santos says he's co-sponsoring 7 bills despite scandals (it's actually 6) | Daily Mail Online
You'd think Kitara would consciously avoid the word "drag"

Reactions: DC_Vol
First I'll agree with you that candidates should be dumped if they lie about who they are and what they've accomplished. But then let's get down to the real business beyond all the crap about the press investigating etc. If it's important, than have official procedures and processes for vetting candidates; otherwise it's all meaningless drivel fit only for partisan food fights. We don't even do security clearances before the person is a candidate - for a job that should absolutely require a security clearance. Fix that issue - security clearance before the name goes on the ballot - and this stuff basically goes away. At least it does unless they've quit asking a lot of questions I remember having to answer on security clearance forms.

Very basically if you lie about who you are and what you've done, you don't get a security clearance. If aren't eligible for a security clearance, your name doesn't go on the ballot and you don't go to congress or the WH.
I'm good with this, let's do it.

Reactions: AM64
For being the LGBTQ party and supporting transgender rights...y'all are going hard after a person for being all of the above..he can identify whatever he wants to correct,?

I just don't understand why they would attack a person because of their sexual identity or sexual preference. They need to check their privilege.

Reactions: OrangeBoro
Says the guy who is such a Russia leg-humper because they're so anti-gay.
I just don't want you to be making judgements about him based on his sexual orientation. Nor does he need to be removed from office based on his orientation.

Sets a dangerous precedent.

(Am I doing it right?)

Kitara is just the gift that keeps on giving (or taking, depending on how you look at it). Dems need to do everything they can to make him the face of the GOP.

Oh, I don't know. That he had such GOP support and McCarthy kept him around for his vote sure speaks volumes about the state of Republican politics.

I could care less. Remove him and all the squalor. They all lie to get elected then get all narcissistic and hold party idealogical lines by terrible party leadership aka Schumer, McConnell, Pelosi, etc.
Like all these spending bills with pork and so wasteful. The dang $1.7T bill called the Inflation Reduction Act. GTHO. They take you and I as rubes.
Like nobody can vote Independently. Both parties are DC trash.

VN Store

Back