Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opponents using holding and DPI as a risk-reward strategy to mitigate our speed is an ongoing issue. That's an old Bama strategy endorsed by Kirby and Muschamp. As we've seen, it's seldom called and is quite effective. Still, we did not play like a team that expected and was determined to win last night. I didn't even watch all of the game., but we just flat-out earned that L last night.
First time as being a VOL fan that I turned it off in the middle of the third. I’m ashamed that I did, but I knew we had a loss at the first half 😞.

We’re currently 128th out of 131 teams in time of poss. That’s normal for a Heupel offense. Situational maybe they’ll slow it down for a series but over the course of the year our defense is asked more of than others.

I see your point and know you aren't wrong on TOP. Thing is, if they just force 3 or 4 stops the offense will take care of the rest.

I see your point and know you aren't wrong on TOP. Thing is, if they just force 3 or 4 stops the offense will take care of the rest.
I’m not saying we can’t win. Im suggesting that top notch DCs don’t want to deal with that because it will make their job harder and can hurt their reputation. Someone who can typically build a top 10 defense should probably expect to be in the bottom half nationally if not worse when their defense is on the field more than nearly 99% of all other schools just due to the pace of the offense.

Unless a coach has ties to a school somehow it will be about the money and the opportunity. I don’t think we’re paying any special money and there will be opportunities everywhere if you are a high quality desirable defensive coordinator.

Just now noticed Keith committed today. I hope he's good. I'm not a talent evaluator or tape watcher. My trust is in the coaches.

Reactions: Glitch
They'll backchannel when they're at that point. If CJH is thinking about replacing a coordinator, he'll have some names of guys he'd like to work with. Top coordinators often want to bring guys along, as well. It will be important to keep that fit, since our staff finally meshes well after years of dysfunction with guys who couldn't stand each other.
So I get the feeling we will have Banks for another season for the sake of unity.

A 10-2 SEC blueblood should have no problem getting in a NY6 bowl. May end up playing Clemson in the Orange Bowl after all.
I would love this matchup for several reasons.
I hate Dabo
Revenge for taking so many recruits especially from East Tennessee.
I want us and Clemson to both wear ORANGE helmets so our color blind fans can see they are NOT the same.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
For the love of....

Everyone who keeps droning on about being worried about Vandy......

giphy.gif

Sack up!!!!

We're NOT losing to Vandy!

DCs who like playing aggressive should love Heupel’s offense. It’s okay if you give up TDs. Your only job is to get a few stops and win the turnover margin. A lot of room to gamble and take chances when the offense has your back.
You sure you want Todd Grantham?…🤷🏼‍♂️😂😂😂

For the love of....

Everyone who keeps droning on about being worried about Vandy......

giphy.gif

Sack up!!!!

We're NOT losing to Vandy!

I’m weak! I can’t help it.

I see visions of 2012, 2016, and 2018 going through my head. Exhausted Tennessee teams limping in there and giving it a half-way effort while Commodores run up and down the field on them. Sorry man. Wouldn’t feel this way if I hadn’t seen it happen multiple times! I need help!!

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back