Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think top DC’s were hesitant because they weren’t sure Heupel’s offense would work in the SEC. No we know it will.
I’d speculate it’s the opposite. Top DCs don’t want to come here because Heupels offense is quick scoring and always at the bottom of time of possession. Our defense will always be on the field. Makes a DC job harder to have a good looking defense when they’re always on the field, getting tired sooner, leading to increased yards and more points allowed than they would like.

Amazing how we went from top of the world to the team hates each other and we have to fire coaches.
To be fair people have talked about Banks and Martinez all season but it got shut down quickly because we were winning. Nobody is saying fire anyone else

People look for reason and excuses for a loss, we win and nobody is talking about what happened with Banks

Reactions: KptVFL
I’m sure someone has already said this about the Hooker injury, but if an SEC team can’t manage to prepare a playing surface that is safe for the athletes, they should have to forfeit the game. Absolute Busch league, bullsh!t, motherf#%!ing bastards to have that sorry a$$ excuse for a field. I already mentioned I was there and it was very obvious it was bad with the amount of turf flying up when someone planted.

Now, not to speak ill of the fallen, but my seats were in the end zone opposite their video board. So I had a good vantage point to see Hendons passes in relation to the intended receiver, and he was off. So sad for it end that way for him.
He was a little off...but still put 31 on the board in a little over three quarters...247 and 3tds is not a bad game by any standards. It just isn't a great one when you needed a great one just to stay in the game.

This loss was 💯 on the defense...players and staff.

Hendon shouldn't have to have a Heisman game every single game just to win.

I’d speculate it’s the opposite. Top DCs don’t want to come here because Heupels offense is quick scoring and always at the bottom of time of possession. Our defense will always be on the field. Makes a DC job harder to have a good looking defense when they’re always on the field, getting tired sooner, leading to increased yards and more points allowed than they would like.
Combo of both. I think he has also shown this year that he can slow down to play complimentary ball when needed and we have a run game. Drive at end of half on SC was perfect.

Josh Pate said Tennessee is a more desirable place to be now vs 2 years ago. That will help attract top quality assistants and coordinators.

Combo of both. I think he has also shown this year that he can clown down to play complimentary ball when needed and we have a run game.
We’re currently 128th out of 131 teams in time of poss. That’s normal for a Heupel offense. Situational maybe they’ll slow it down for a series but over the course of the year our defense is asked more of than others.

At least ‘24 to make a season like this one again. Nico will likely be the guy and ready to go. Gotta recruit the trenches and win in the portal this off-season and next.
Yeah...but at least we did better than we were supposed to this year...they blew my expectations away a month ago.

Next year is going to be tough...imo. I think we will be lucky to win 8 with everything we lose and this putrid defensive roster and staff. It is going to take a year or two for whatever talent we do get in recruiting this year to help.makr a difference.

Doesn’t matter. Refs didn’t allow scar to score 63 points. Scar had 9 penalties to our 7….. we also got a very favorable whistle against BAMA. Complaining about the refs is ridiculous (unless it’s like the Gafney catch)
Yes they did...they held on every freaking play. I guarantee you a few well placed holding calls and they would have scored a lot less.

Doesn’t matter. Refs didn’t allow scar to score 63 points. Scar had 9 penalties to our 7….. we also got a very favorable whistle against BAMA. Complaining about the refs is ridiculous (unless it’s like the Gafney catch)
Not one offensive holding call...come on man.

That's the argument CJH will need to make-- he's holding us back from getting where we all want to go. IDT UT would be fundamentally opposed-- I just think they thought we're good for another year, and now we're not. I also suspect they thought a few guys might leave on their own and save UT from the firing and buyout cycle. And Banks might be glad to go if he had an offer elsewhere.
Not sure anyone would want him now. lol Were stuck it sounds like. :(

We’re currently 128th out of 131 teams in time of poss. That’s normal for a Heupel offense. Situational maybe they’ll slow it down for a series but over the course of the year our defense is asked more of than others.
Hence why I said combo of both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back