Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok tough guy. If Banks did something so horrid, why is he still on the team? What is being reported is no fight broke out, he walked over the T and refused push ups. That is a dumb reason to miss a game for a playoff position. If he hit Hooker over NIL BS then I hope he is gone. But go ahead and make stuff up in your head and spew it like it’s facts.
To be fair, he also had several issues throughout the week according to AP. I wonder if he was skipping practice as has been rumored?

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
This.. except we don’t have the DBs to do this. But instead we play zone and just stand there whenever a WR comes in their zone and wait for them to catch the ball before even making a move to the WR. Blows my mind. That’s what happened on the 3rd and 20 and what happens 90% of the time.
It sounds easy to say that they should be able to play man. Tennessee runs a zone based defense. They majority of their practice time is spent on running zone coverage. They spend a minimal amount of time on man technique. I know most of you dont understand this but it is hard for a zone team to play man. Especially when you dont have great DBs to begin with.

Reactions: OrangenSC and bpvol
I don't understand Banks' high salary. When I first saw it, I thought maybe he was just an elite DC I've never heard of. That doesn't seem to be true. It seems like we could've gotten a better guy for that type of $. Would no one come here? It has to be way more attractive now, seeing the challenge and potential for success.

You can bet Sankey will be helping orchestrate selections. I think Citrus or Cotton (if they go SEC) is higher prob than Sugar or Orange, but there are still games to be played and conference championships to be decided. UT can't do much to pad our resume, though Milton having a good game would help.
Hopefully Citrus..... give me a warm Florida bowl against a slaw B10 team...... The Cotton bowl sucks

I don't understand Banks' high salary. When I first saw it, I thought maybe he was just an elite DC I've never heard of. That doesn't seem to be true. It seems like we could've gotten a better guy for that type of $. Would no one come here? It has to be way more attractive now, seeing the challenge and potential for success.
Yup we got turned down by the former USC DC Orlando, the Louisville DC, and the now LSU DC House. We were coming off Pruitt, no one knew what the penalty from the NCAA would be, and there was uncertainty with Heup. We 100% overpaid but at the time didn’t seem like we had a choice.

Opponents using holding and DPI as a risk-reward strategy to mitigate our speed is an ongoing issue. That's an old Bama strategy endorsed by Kirby and Muschamp. As we've seen, it's seldom called and is quite effective. Still, we did not play like a team that expected and was determined to win last night. I didn't even watch all of the game., but we just flat-out earned that L last night.
That plus the two holds called against us on the same drive were really soft. OPI I’m the second half very questionable as well.

Wouldn’t have really mattered since the defense didn’t show up, and SC was the better team yesterday but were pivotal moments in the game.

Reactions: Orange. and LA Vol
Looking back it’s embarrassing how bad Pruitt’s defensive recruiting was considering that was supposed to be his forte and the bags of cash.

Didn’t leave much at all on the backend. Most of the guys getting snaps at cb are 1st or 2nd year starters. No pass rushers leftover outside of BY either

Looking back it’s embarrassing how bad Pruitt’s defensive recruiting was considering that was supposed to be his forte and the bags of cash.

Didn’t leave much at all on the backend. Most of the guys getting snaps at cb are 1st or 2nd year starters. No pass rushers leftover outside of BY either
Plus all the transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back