Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that I am a day behind, but maybe, just maybe jumping to conclusions and crucifying the defense and team isn’t the best course of action. Considering that this is all based on rumor, conjecture and speculation…

I cannot fathom any group of players not playing their hardest in a game of this magnitude.

In the uga game, the offense flopped. The defense rose to the occasion especially in the second half. Everyone cut the offense slack. The defense was definitely not on the same page Saturday. Maybe, just maybe usc threw so many unseen wrinkles at the defense that they were unable to adjust. The offense didn’t keep up with usc. They were ready for Tennessee. And our team didn’t answer the bell.

11-2 is still possible as a final record for this year’s football team. I’m rooting for them to rise to the occasion, I will always support the Volunteers.

I am not nearly as upset by the loss of the game or the loss of a chance at getting a playoff berth as I am about Hendon Hooker tearing his ACL. I’m extremely sad that Saturday’s game is his last time to play as a Tennessee Volunteer. This young man is truly a VFL and he deserved a better ending to a phenomenal season.

I’m not saying we can’t win. Im suggesting that top notch DCs don’t want to deal with that because it will make their job harder and can hurt their reputation. Someone who can typically build a top 10 defense should probably expect to be in the bottom half nationally if not worse when their defense is on the field more than nearly 99% of all other schools just due to the pace of the offense.

Unless a coach has ties to a school somehow it will be about the money and the opportunity. I don’t think we’re paying any special money and there will be opportunities everywhere if you are a high quality desirable defensive coordinator.
Nah…
Hype’s O regularly makes opposing teams O one dimensional early which makes it easier on a DC…

Yeah! Screw them all. Clean out his locker and any others and play walk ons.

Dial it back a little. Don’t flip on the rumors. Wait for the truth.

I’m getting worried about the sanity of some of y’all.

And I am not about to unignore the group of freak out artists on my ignore list…

For the love of....

Everyone who keeps droning on about being worried about Vandy......

giphy.gif

Sack up!!!!

We're NOT losing to Vandy!
LOL I don't think we lose but just not real confidant in Joe right now. He can throw the long ball but can't do that on every play.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
So I get the feeling we will have Banks for another season for the sake of unity.
Would not surprise me but then I will have my doubts about Heup being the man for the job and right now I think he is. It does not take a coach 3 years to figure out if Banks good enough to lead his defense. Last year should have been a warning and this years D should be the deciding factor. I know teams on our schedule are praying that we keep him and Willie. We keep Banks and other teams knows they have a shot to win

Haven't posted since before the game.

First and foremost...prayers and best wishes for Hendon. He was...is...and always will be a VFL. Loved watching that young man play, but even more so, loved watching the way he IS as a person.

Now...I skipped every single post since before the game, so this is coming from me...

People may have or may have not talked about execution. People may have or may have not talked about tackling. To me, those things happen in every game. For every team.

My major issue is this...what was suppose to be give em the catch and stop them after defense we were supposedly playing.

A 5 - 10 yard cushion on every freakin pass play! Didn't matter if it was a 3 yard slant or a 40 yard bomb. The cushion was the same! HELLOOOOO! You just let the dude catch a 40 yd pass! You think he really gives a flying f*** at this point whether he gets an extra couple of yards?!

That was defensive game plan. I'm sorry. I cannot make myself believe that these players did that on their own. Every ******* pass play.

My 2 cents.

What I don't understand about the cushion was that it still wasn't enough to help our guys make tackles. It just gave the WR a running start.

If SCar had sacred trees, I'd probably be poisoning them after last night.

Why? I've never felt a loss that was more on us than this one. Rattler played great but this was about us. Our defense has been carried for 2 seasons and when we needed them to make a stop they just couldn't. I love our guys but there's talent issues -- big ones -- when it comes to our secondary.

The difference a week makes in this sport. Last week I couldn't find any S Carolina fans with a short term or long term positive outlook. This week, they're basking in their glory. Every player is the best ever, everything is awesome.

I just want us to win out and have a statement game in a significant bowl.

Defense really does have me worried. They're broken.

May God bless and completely heal Hendon. What a VFL! So proud of the man he is and what he has done for all of us.

Now is the time for Vols to pull together in unity. Hope Joe lights it up.

Reality will come soon enough on D coaching changes. What happened last night can never happen again. Gen. Neyland demands it.

It is being reported that Stoops signed an extension to stay at KY through 2031 @ 8.6 million per year. He signed the extension on November 11 prior to loss to Vandy. Lol
I really thought he would go somewhere else after this year. Hard to pass that up I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back