Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who thinks Campbell is mediocre is a fool. 44-17 (I think) on the season; have 8 or so All Conference players (hell, that's more than we could manage!); Top 10 in HRs this year; lineup with a couple or so draft picks; scrappy as hell...and, they took it to Georgia Tech yesterday...also, it wasn't just Dollander they smacked around tonight.

The ONLY reason I would want to face them again tomorrow, their arms would have to be DONE, one would think. Other than that, I don't want to see them again. Scrappy bunch, who gave us ALL they had tonight. Tip of the cap to them.

While I think most teams would have used their pitchers up…..I anticipate they will come back with their 1 tonight and their number two tomorrow (if they make it there).

You never agree with the guy who has guided his team to a 54-7 record? Weird flex

He has even said it himself, sometimes he leaves his pitchers in for too long. Lol, but be my guest in giving absolutely zero insight into why you would of kept Dollander in instead of pulling him an inning sooner.

Just so happened we got the bats going last night, but if we wouldn’t of that extra inning Dollander threw could of been the reason we lost.

He doesn’t leave them in long at all. They are always on pitch counts, but we needed Dolly to go a little bit. If we lose, we will be using a lot of guys the next 2 days.
Yeah I get that, I just think he should of been pulled an inning sooner. That is all. (By long I meant when he noticeably began to struggle - umpire was not helping either)

Ain’t no way last night’s starter is throwing again in this regional. If he does then their coach doesn’t care about his well-being and longevity.
They mentioned last night that he pitched on back to back nights last week in the conference tournament!

Second day was in relief!

They mentioned last night that he pitched on back to back nights last week in the conference tournament!

Second day was in relief!
He threw 7 pitches in relief after throwing 103 the day before. If he throws again after throwing 114 pitches last night then that is asinine and totally irresponsible of his coach. But hey, he could be worse then Corbin and actually throw him out there. I wouldn’t be shocked.

Can't wait for Kesling to retire too. My 1st choice is Mike Keith but if he says no then it's Wilkerson. That's the list. I'd love to get Charles Davis for the color analyst for football.
Man i love ol charles davis, he was a great player too, great ambassador for the Vols

Ain’t no way last night’s starter is throwing again in this regional. If he does then their coach doesn’t care about his well-being and longevity.
I mean sometimes it happens….. wasn’t a starter but that Arkansas pitcher was overthrown last season…. Both Camels pitchers threw over 100 pitches… no way either guy pitches again this series, imo.

We are talking about starting…. May bring one of them in to get an out or two.
That pitcher last night was pretty good. But man he had a weird pitching windup / motion / how he manipulated the ball in his glove lol….. looked like his glove was having a seizure every time, and then the weird like 3 tiny steps to the set position lol it was weird

Hopefully not. I'd guess our scheme and productivity speak for themselves and we won't need to overpay. Don't see why we would. Jmo

Not sure what you mean by a cap on NIL. These are private deals. It's nothing like the NFL. Brady could be paid a billion dollars by a third party for his name, image, or likeness... has nothing to do with salary caps, because it isn't salary...

The most logical use of CAP logic will be to accept unlimited NIL payments to any and every individual as they participate as amateur athletes, but cap the amount of NIL money each institution can allow in their rosters. A kid with a billion dollar NIL deal is not guaranteed a schollie if the school already has 85 on their roster. If they maintain the amateur basis based on the fact that they can protect the VAST majority of the membership that will not have NIL earners exactly the same way they have legally limited COUNTERS each school can have. The million dollar kid will be free to earn his money anywhere a school has a schollie and cap space. Arguments his NIL value is dependent on attendance at specific institutions will not be met well.

So the first thing they do is simply require a waiver establishing the athletes wish to compete while earning NIL money and go from there and simply add language that ahlete earning in excess of X is considered a counter. A player is free to attend any institution he wants with his value, but getting on the field is subject to limitations like roster limits, academic progress, etc. Might have to take a NIL redshirt for example. Roster management just has some new variables.

The reporting of the earnings is to the NCAA on the waiver and just like HIPPA they do not have to tell anybody the value, but can simply respond to the institution or player when they want to know if they can add a player and him be eligible to compete and stay under the cap.

Since the majority of congressmen will be representing folks whose institutions are not being advantaged by NIL, their eventual involvement will not be a problem. I have long held there would be a two tier NIL breakdown where burger, chicken wing, and signature level earnings below X do not require reporting and only above X annual earnings will require waivers and reporting. All very doable. When issues arise and a players new deal changes the teams cap status the portal is your friend, take your money and play elsewhere. Until there is no cap space anywhere, not a problem. So the NCAA has a come one, come all position to all NIL players and you will have a place to play where there is counter and cap space or you can earn your money and not play at your option.

Can't wait for Kesling to retire too. My 1st choice is Mike Keith but if he says no then it's Wilkerson. That's the list. I'd love to get Charles Davis for the color analyst for football.
Both of those would be great, but are long shots IMO…with Davis being the longest shot, anytime soon at least. It is obvious he loves the Vols, but he’s the #1 color guy for NFL broadcasts and that’s REALLY hard to leave.

He pithed earlier out of the bullpen after throwing 103 pitches the previous day. This coach is not leaving Knoxville without throwing his best at UT. I will not be shocked.

Both of those would be great, but are long shots IMO…with Davis being the longest shot, anytime soon at least. It is obvious he loves the Vols, but he’s the #1 color guy for NFL broadcasts and that’s REALLY hard to leave.
Yeah Davis would be tough to get, but when momma comes calling, you never know.

Reactions: hooter vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back