Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I
Dollander needed to throw enough pitches to get his arm work out so he will be ready next week. I think Anderson knows what he is doing After all, his pitching staff led the NCAA in ERA and we won the game. Our pitchers have not had the work them got each week during the regular season and need work. Starting pitchers need more work than relievers because they pitch only every 4 days or so. Campbell is a good baseball team and we need to have as many arms available as possible if we have to play either them or Ga Tech on Monday. If you are searching for something to gripe about, find something that is legitimate, such as posters who post about something about which they have little or no knowledge.
You saying I have no knowledge? Lol, I played College Baseball….

An inning sooner?? He hadn’t given up a run through the first 2? Surely you don’t mean that.

“Just so happened” to get the bats going? The offense leads the country in bombs and averages over 9 runs per game LOL.

I’d have a difficult time pulling him bc:

- ace of staff who has proven himself
- aforementioned explosive offense
- it was the 3rd inning

You realize the guy you almost never agree with in terms of when to pull a pitcher has helped guide his pitching staff to the lowest ERA in the entire country, right? I’d say he’s got that sh*t figured out.

Inning sooner may be a little exaggerated but when he started struggling it was very viable to pull him so maybe a half inning sooner. Either way you could tell he was struggling and then going into the third after we got out of the 2nd I was surprised they brought him back out.

Reactions: Volsdeep4
I do find it funny I’m getting hit with the, well they are the coaches that led us to this or that, well everyone has places to improve in, anyone who has played the sport could see before the 3rd that Dollander was struggling (the umpire was not helping either).

As a former baseball player seeing what I saw, I would have pulled him before the 3rd I sat there and told my Son before he came back out that we would see a different pitcher. Didn’t happen and then Campbell went to town.

Again, it’s not the first time this has happened, it happened with Burns during the regular season. You could tell Burns was struggling and he got left in and then the other team went to town on him; and our bats didn’t show up that night and we lost.

So yeah I think my point is valid.

Reactions: Volsdeep4
I freaking love Drew Gilbert's energy. Every team needs a guy with that type of BDE. We are going to miss him a lot. I think Burke might be able to somewhat fill that role but it won't be the same. Drew feeds on rage like the freaking Hulk. It's not often you see a guy with that much fire who can be such a composed batter.

I freaking love Drew Gilbert's energy. Every team needs a guy with that type of BDE. We are going to miss him a lot. I think Burke might be able to somewhat fill that role but it won't be the same. Drew feeds on rage like the freaking Hulk. It's not often you see a guy with that much fire who can be such a composed batter.
I think Lawson has some of that in him too

They mentioned last night that he pitched on back to back nights last week in the conference tournament!

Second day was in relief!

Yeah but he threw over 120 pitches last night. Would be curious to know how many he pitched in their conference tourney.

Uh...what are you talking about? That is not literally in the Constitution of the United States. Nowhere in the text are those words written. "Freedom of Enterprise and Choice" is not an enumerated right anywhere in the text.

And no, it is not 100% a violation of antitrust laws. Would it be likely? Maybe. The NCAA would probably have to come up with a better justification to defend those rules than in cases like NCAA v Board of Regents. So far in its legislative history, the NCAA has successfully used "health and safety" and "defending amateurism" as defenses to antitrust challenges. The biggest issue for the NCAA is the changing of a belief in "amateurism" as a rational goal to offset the obvious restriction in the market. It seems like we know how Kavanaugh would rule, but we have no clue how the other 8 would decide.
My bad I get the Bill of Rights mixed in with the constitution from time to time, but how would that not be considered a violation of antitrust laws? Lol im going to love this response btw

The football game? The one where the one commentator spent like 2 minutes talking to himself about how many yards UK should be trying for on 4th and 10?
Yes! Kirk Morrison and Beth mowins. He went on for 5mins about how one of our WRs knee was down when he caught the ball on a screen and he shouldn’t have been awarded the extra yard

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back