Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been told my moon is out of this world.

raise-eyebrow-sexy.gif

This week will tell you a lot about the Base Vols. If they do as we all expect, get serious, have fun and take care of business we are all good but if they get down at any point and that little panic look sets in that could be a problem.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Pretty much what I figured your response would be...you do realize that some people will actually fight and die if need be for their freedom don't you?
You aren’t wrong and this dicussion probably will be moved on to the abyss thread soon. It really bothers me that people can’t see that it is hate and mental issues that kills folks not weapons. If not guns it would be knives or take your pick of the poison. I have owned guns all my life and have never come close to shooting anyone. I carry because I can’t fight off stupid people anymore and can’t outrun someone who might grab my baby girl or one of my grandchildren.

Does anybody really remember when sports talk really took off. I honestly can't. I remember sports on the radio but never just all sports all the time. The newspapers used to be great if you were following local or UT here in town. TV had the games but until ESPN nothing other than telling the scores and showing a few highlights. There was that Tennessee Coach's show on Sunday morning before Church but remember the Notre Dame Show basically replayed the whole came with our own Lindsey Nelson doing the play by play. Here in Nashville we also had the TSU Big Blue Show with John Merritt that was required viewing entertainment.

Many now days would be stunned how little people really knew or cared about recruiting as a whole.( whose visiting, whose been offered etc.) I really never worried about who was getting recruited because they were JV for a year anyway. We were only on TV 2 or 3 times in a year and one of those was a Bowl game but if you couldn't be at a game or they weren't on the tube, listening to John Ward was almost as good as being there and was as close as many Vol fans ever came to seeing the VOLS live. Today is different, we have info overload and I'm not sure it adds that much enjoyment, it adds talking points but no so sure much else.

You aren’t wrong and this dicussion probably will be moved on to the abyss thread soon. It really bothers me that people can’t see that it is hate and mental issues that kills folks not weapons. If not guns it would be knives or take your pick of the poison. I have owned guns all my life and have never come close to shooting anyone. I carry because I can’t fight off stupid people anymore and can’t outrun someone who might grab my baby girl or one of my grandchildren.

The 2A is the most important constitutional right we have. If we don’t have it, say bye bye to the entire constitution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back