Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'd better beef up. I can only imagine what an SEC defensive end or LB would do if they got a clean shot on him.
Did we already forget what Dobbs and JG looked like when they arrived? And they were 2 of the most durable dudes we've ever seen. I'm sure it would help, but durability and toughness goes beyond just adding weight.

I.m sorry I just don't like the NBA that much anymore. It went from team sport, to feed the star the ball sport, to everybody dribble twice and fire it up from three which back in the day when we had Peach baskets on the wall........was practice. Had to edit or in my case come back to the post, I thought I left some SKITTLES in the little paper cup

The pace and space (and absurdly more talent, as seen by the explosion and now dominance of foreign players) is exciting to me. The athleticism is at an all time high and (jmo) but threes are exciting, much like dunks.

I appreciated the ole dribble, pass to the post, dribble dribble, turn around shot in the post. Or the accountants shooting jump shots. But it was hardly near anywhere as exciting and slowed down the game. Jmo a lot of aesthetics and personal preferences ofc.

I also enjoy modern football like Hype runs and didn't care for the old 2 yards and a cloud of dust stuff. Personal opinions and all...

Reactions: thistime
The pace and space (and absurdly more talent, as seen by the explosion and now dominance of foreign players) is exciting to me. The athleticism is at an all time high and (jmo) but threes are exciting, much like dunks.

I appreciated the ole dribble, pass to the post, dribble dribble, turn around shot in the post. Or the accountants shooting jump shots. But it was hardly near anywhere as exciting and slowed down the game. Jmo a lot of aesthetics and personal preferences ofc.

I also enjoy modern football like Hype runs and didn't care for the old 2 yards and a cloud of dust stuff. Personal opinions and all...
It's garbage

Explosion of talent? Eh don’t know if I agree. I mean the NBA has definitely changed and you have Steph Curry to thank for that. But is the NBA a lot more talented than say 20 years ago? Very debatable. The game was much more physical. I mean who are the physical guys in the middle that hold a candle to Shaq, Ewing or Hakeem?

I will agree that the NBA is more exciting and it’s because of the 3 pointer. Now no lead is safe.

Reactions: jave36 and thistime

Hype runs as much as he throws. You have to be able to do both in the SEC. You still have to play defense as well. If you not good at the LOS nothing else matters. I like a well rounded game with good offense and defense, but I am happy with a low score win as I am high one. I like a good game whether it’s 20-17 or 37-34, of course if it’s the Vols routing someone that is good too. I don’t need a game in the 40’s and 50’s every week to be happy though as long as we are playing well. It’s all about the WIN, that is all that matters. The game is always evolving, defenses are for from dead yet. GBO!

Explosion of talent? Eh don’t know if I agree. I mean the NBA has definitely changed and you have Steph Curry to thank for that. But is the NBA a lot more talented than say 20 years ago? Very debatable. The game was much more physical. I mean who are the physical guys in the middle that hold a candle to Shaq, Ewing or Hakeem?

I will agree that the NBA is more exciting and it’s because of the 3 pointer. Now no lead is safe.
The NBA is substantially more talented than it was 20 years ago. Substantially more young/amateur players are playing more basketball against better competition than they ever have. Guys like Giannis or Durant have no counterparts with the same size, speed, and skill in the old game. If a guy like Jordan was shooting 40% from 3 in the old ISO/man to man era he would have scored 50 pts a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back