Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone used Lorex security cameras? Mom's ordered some and the limited reviews I've looked at seem favorable.

It is a wired system and has its own storage device so I'm pretty sure it'll be a solid system for her.

Reactions: 67Vol
Y'all remember the speed buzz about Hyatt? I honestly forgot. If he can improve his hands and focus, I think he'll be the star that we already have on the roster. He admitted himself that he was too focused on everything BUT football last year around this time - getting on magazines, doing interviews, etc etc. If he's as plugged in as he says he is, we might already have our secret weapon that we were all early on for a breakout expectation.

He had a couple of weird games to start last season and it threw off his whole year.

Just thinking about losing out on G5 WRs Neyor and Robinson in the transfer portal. If we picked up Jalin Hyatt in the portal right now we'd be ecstatic.

Y'all remember the speed buzz about Hyatt? I honestly forgot. If he can improve his hands and focus, I think he'll be the star that we already have on the roster. He admitted himself that he was too focused on everything BUT football last year around this time - getting on magazines, doing interviews, etc etc. If he's as plugged in as he says he is, we might already have our secret weapon that we were all early on for a breakout expectation.

He had a couple of weird games to start last season and it threw off his whole year.

Just thinking about losing out on G5 WRs Neyor and Robinson in the transfer portal. If we picked up Jalin Hyatt in the portal right now we'd be ecstatic.

The key this off-season has been the amount of Bulk he has put on while retaining speed. He is noticeably bigger which is where he was lacking.

Should be a key target a ton this year.

Does anybody really remember when sports talk really took off. I honestly can't. I remember sports on the radio but never just all sports all the time. The newspapers used to be great if you were following local or UT here in town. TV had the games but until ESPN nothing other than telling the scores and showing a few highlights. There was that Tennessee Coach's show on Sunday morning before Church but remember the Notre Dame Show basically replayed the whole came with our own Lindsey Nelson doing the play by play. Here in Nashville we also had the TSU Big Blue Show with John Merritt that was required viewing entertainment.

Many now days would be stunned how little people really knew or cared about recruiting as a whole.( whose visiting, whose been offered etc.) I really never worried about who was getting recruited because they were JV for a year anyway. We were only on TV 2 or 3 times in a year and one of those was a Bowl game but if you couldn't be at a game or they weren't on the tube, listening to John Ward was almost as good as being there and was as close as many Vol fans ever came to seeing the VOLS live. Today is different, we have info overload and I'm not sure it adds that much enjoyment, it adds talking points but no so sure much else.

I remember when sports talk in Nashville WAS really good. The Zone fired or lost most of it's good talent, and The Game mostly talks Preds now.

Reactions: thistime
Except I wasn't listening to that song last.
Do you use YouTube Music for your music streaming? Could it have been the last YouTube video you watched? I purchase YouTube premium which gives you YouTube Music so I use it as my streaming service. That's why it shows that on my screen.

That's not what I posted. I posted Davidos. He's a one man band street performer. Go back to your Greenday stuff and leave me alone.
That's not what it showed for me. It showed me the DJ Shadow/Run the Jewels videos, which is pretty entertaining. Was surprised you were an RTJ and Shadow fan at first 😆

Must be how it was posted. I got RTJ...Newt got MMJ...

I'm not sure that we get Bru if we don't miss out on Neyor. Now we have two pillar WRs on the outside that will command coverage or eat opponents alive.

Now that we lost out on UCF WR Robinson, who said countless times "I'm going somewhere for 6 months to prep me for the next level." More power to him for having a goal and knowing what his mission is, but I don't know if that attitude would have played well in our WR room. I like Hyatt, I like Calloway, I like White. We haven't seen how dependable Merrill can be, but I think he's Josh Smith at worst in this offense. Coming out of high school everyone loved his routes, IQ, and hands (common compliments for white WR but that's neither here nor there).

With our stars on the outside, bigger/faster/older TEs, and a consistent backfield, we have enough guys on this roster to tear up the middle. SOMEONE(s) is going to have a breakout year.

Don't think Heupel (or staff) think he'll be ready to be a key contributor right away, but we have this missile we can fire as well:

i agree

But maybe they can find some easier stuff for him to do early on and you might hit a homerun with it here and there. Jet sweeps, little screen, stuff like that. But yeh in due time hes going to be a star here with this staff. its a perfect match.

Reactions: Orange.
I'm not sure that we get Bru if we don't miss out on Neyor. Now we have two pillar WRs on the outside that will command coverage or eat opponents alive.

Now that we lost out on UCF WR Robinson, who said countless times "I'm going somewhere for 6 months to prep me for the next level." More power to him for having a goal and knowing what his mission is, but I don't know if that attitude would have played well in our WR room. I like Hyatt, I like Calloway, I like White. We haven't seen how dependable Merrill can be, but I think he's Josh Smith at worst in this offense. Coming out of high school everyone loved his routes, IQ, and hands (common compliments for white WR but that's neither here nor there).

With our stars on the outside, bigger/faster/older TEs, and a consistent backfield, we have enough guys on this roster to tear up the middle. SOMEONE(s) is going to have a breakout year.

I need Miles Campbell to start emerging as a big time catch and run TE in this offense. Skillset is outstanding.

one thing for sure is the young skill talent is really loaded here right now and i love it.

Reactions: SoilVol
Lol. No I didn't. It's looking at your last played song. It does that to me too. I was listening to Jboog in my truck so this is what shows on mine now.View attachment 455717
😄 I tried to click play on the video and laughed at myself. . . then I try to click the reply button in the picture to tell you about it, 😆

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back