Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I first heard that Pruitt was a candidate, it puked me. I hated that dude. He was the true Byron's boy. Then, after the Schiano udder debacle, I wanted him to come here because at that time, our other options were Sonny Dykes and Kevin Steele. I talked myself into it. I did enjoy the strong finish in 2019, but I have to agree, he was a complete nightmare and we would have been much better off with Steele.
I had never heard of Pruitt before UT hired him and my google search made me think he was a decent enough coach-------then I heard the press conference and was dumbfounded. I've never heard any coach, at any level, butcher the English language the way Pruitt did. To think this guy had a college education is mind boggling.

I will never understand you people that love that purely mercenary bull💩..I gave no problem with them making money on NIL, but I want them to be here at least partly because they love the place and identify with what being a Tennessee Volunteer is.

I pretty much f'n hate pro football...pretty much all pro team sports. The players have zero connection to the people and place.

This is it. There is absolutely no loyalty. The NFL is all about the individual -- and don't get me wrong, I love celebrating individual players, there are individual rewards, and so forth. But at its heart it's about building a great team, a cohesive unit. But it seems like the notion of a team, of camaraderie, of building a brotherhood, of truly representing a place -- it all feels either missing or hollow, and college football is going down the same road.

I'll never forget during NFL Tebow-mania watching RedZone one day and the guy cutting to a Broncos game and saying "Onto Denver, where Tim Tebow needs a field goal to pull within [whatever it was]." Oh, Tim Tebow needs it? Has he missed a lot of kicks this year?

I will never understand you people that love that purely mercenary bull💩..I gave no problem with them making money on NIL, but I want them to be here at least partly because they love the place and identify with what being a Tennessee Volunteer is.

I pretty much f'n hate pro football...pretty much all pro team sports. The players have zero connection to the people and place.

To be fair, the Spyre model is pretty dead on with how I expect NIL to work. It shifts some of the burden from the player as well, instead of needing to find companies willing to pay for you to appear at their locations, or in ads for them you simply work through Spyre and they find you those opportunities. Pooling donations in with anything businesses are paying for the players is a great way to help increase the pay out as well.

Last edited:
I think the $19.51 portion of the 1951 club is genius. I think whoever suggested that idea to Spyre should be applauded and get like free things and free beer. Genius person.

I just asked through their website and apparently they are launching the $19.51/month level early next week.

I am certain that I throw $20/month away on stupid stuff here and there. It would be fun to put it towards something that might ultimately lead to a more enjoyable brand of football to cheer for.

I had never heard of Pruitt before UT hired him and my google search made me think he was a decent enough coach-------then I heard the press conference and was dumbfounded. I've never heard any coach, at any level, butcher the English language the way Pruitt did. To think this guy had a college education is mind boggling.

That press conference was cringe

Could be wrong but I seem to remember Dobbs struggling. It's not beyond reason that Milton puts it all together and becomes the stud (based on physical attributes) that people thought he would be. Then again, I trust Heupel to make that decision on the QB position.

I remember Dobbs going in against Bama's bench and looked decent. I can't think of a worse play in a worse situation than the ending of Ole Miss. Dobbs could come back from crap play but I don't see overcoming that.

Reactions: GoBears
His peak was probably a bit before my time as far as being interested in standup, but heard George Wallace on Sirius earlier. That guy is hilarious. Interesting take on social commentary standup. Very Seinfeld-ish, but funnier.

Reactions: drvenner
I think our NIL game is about to pick up. That's a good thing.

Not on A&M level, but we need every little bit of it.
Think most would be surprised just how far this Spyre thing has taken off. Think we are building a serious monster...and how many tens of thousands are still unaware? This is only the tip of the iceberg.

And they've listened to you folks wanting a $19.51 level plan too...imo it's coming soon...

Edit: now I see you all have already hashed this out all out in the prior pages 😭 I'll show myself the door

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back