Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one hangs on the nuts of former coaches like Tennessee fans. I don't get the continued love for Kiffin and Pearl, two coaches who both screwed us over.
Pearl was very incidental. Not going to blame someone for that. Jmo. Then again I always thought (back then) we should have rode it out, because we'd probably be better after 3-5 years anyways, especially considering our history.

But all said, pretty happy with how things played out. Cuonzo had some exciting seasons and Barnes has obviously killed it.

Kiffin...it was his dream job, but yeah I'm still going to blame him completely. If I left an employer for my dream job, they might be able to empathize as a human...but I would 100% not ever expect them to accept me back.

What incentive does Spyre have to disclose spending? You know, like an actual non-profit would have to do.

What disincentives them from just pocketing the money until everyone stops giving it and then declaring victory like every scam that exists on GoFundMe?

What is the pipeline from you to player X, exactly? Paying players directly is still not allowed by donation or otherwise. Are they going to launder the money through local businesses first?

Think most would be surprised just how far this Spyre thing has taken off. Think we are building a serious monster...and how many tens of thousands are still unaware? This is only the tip of the iceberg.

And they've listened to you folks wanting a $19.51 level plan too...imo it's coming soon...

Edit: now I see you all have already hashed this out all out in the prior pages 😭 I'll show myself the door
Do tell... you know numbers?! I donated today just to get my foot in door. I tried to ask question about 1951 Club but when I filled out "Contact Us" tab and hit submit it tried to confirm my payment for $1,951.00. I'd like to see some revisions on their website!

I’ve not seen this mentioned anywhere, so if I’ve overlooked it, please disregard:

I almost (but I don’t) feel sorry for Al Washington, the former OSU LBer coach that strung Heupel along to be his DC last year when Heupel was trying to fill his staff. Day fired him today one year after talking him into staying at OSU with a raise and turning the UT DC job down. Hope Washington’s contract reflecting the loss of income that his former boss cost him.

Do tell... you know numbers?! I donated today just to get my foot in door. I tried to ask question about 1951 Club but when I filled out "Contact Us" tab and hit submit it tried to confirm my payment for $1,951.00. I'd like to see some revisions on their website!

Initial concerns were just getting deal done and money to players, but they’ve done an RFP (request for proposal) to a few agencies to look at getting help with the website. It just probably wasn’t the first priority given the other needs

No, but I've seen reliable people post they know x number of generals, summitts, etc.

Sounds like a lot from what I can gather, and just from individual circles.

Reactions: Rizzo924
Exa
Listen princess, you took one sarcastic gif and construed it as being negative, and one post that said we needed more Edge players to hit the portal, and started a pointless attack. The fact we were chasing Verse shows the staff wants another Edge rusher, and when Verse chose FSU, there weren't any other good Edge options in the portal at that time. Anyone can go and read the Verse thread and see my posts and the context they were made in. That you took them out of context is on you.

You complain about people bitching and bellyaching, then you turn around and start bitching and bellyaching. If it bothers you so damn much, why are you doing it yourself??

You're the one complaining because fans dare to have expectations. Oh woe is you, you poor soul, that you have to read about fan expectation on a message board. Get over yourself.
Exactly, anyone can go back and read past posts...ill put mine against yours any day, and I'll leave it at that.

Thing is Weezer, I like the majority of your posts, and think of you as a true blue Vol fan; kind of hate that things have been going back and forth between us for 2 days now. I apologize for my part. Time to move on.

Exa

Exactly, anyone can go back and read past posts...ill put mine against yours any day, and I'll leave it at that.

Thing is Weezer, I like the majority of your posts, and think of you as a true blue Vol fan; kind of hate that things have been going back and forth between us for 2 days now. I apologize for my part. Time to move on.
R.b292b2c2e183bce5f431e1f1e93b6043

R.dbe6dd7a3a1bf4be5920d603ae681c4c

And Swain is very right on this one. Hooker is going to be as well compensated as any QB in the nation not named Ewer IMO.

Also should be some new true NIL deals coming out soon that will allow players to make as much as they’re willing to work for. If a player can market himself and get people to buy their merch they can make as much money as he wants with some of the stuff in the NIL pipeline.
So, with a class schedule and now guys becoming CEO’s, entrepreneurs and salesmen, now we can cut practice down to 3 hours/week and let these guys focus on what’s really important, without pesky football getting in the way.
GBO!!

P.S. I apologize for the get off my lawn post.
GBO!!x2

Listen princess, you took one sarcastic gif and construed it as being negative, and one post that said we needed more Edge players to hit the portal, and started a pointless attack. The fact we were chasing Verse shows the staff wants another Edge rusher, and when Verse chose FSU, there weren't any other good Edge options in the portal at that time. Anyone can go and read the Verse thread and see my posts and the context they were made in. That you took them out of context is on you.

You complain about people bitching and bellyaching, then you turn around and start bitching and bellyaching. If it bothers you so damn much, why are you doing it yourself??

You're the one complaining because fans dare to have expectations. Oh woe is you, you poor soul, that you have to read about fan expectation on a message board. Get over yourself.
Weezer, I generally like you as a poster and, at times, you can be very funny. The only issue I have with your posts and, correct me if I'm wrong, is you come off very whiny and impatient regarding specific recruits and recruiting in general when someone doesn't choose us. It seems to me anyway that you post a lot like an impatient teenager hoping someone will ask them to the prom. All Vol fans want the best players we can get and want to see a steady rise back to national prominence. The constant woe is us for missing on a portal player or the continuous daily posts asking when we're gonna get a bunch of portal guys just gets old to me. And again, you may be doing a lot of this in jest and I have just missed it. Okay, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Weezer, I generally like you as a poster and, at times, you can be very funny. The only issue I have with your posts and, correct me if I'm wrong, is you come off very whiny and impatient regarding specific recruits and recruiting in general when someone doesn't choose us. It seems to me anyway that you post a lot like an impatient teenager hoping someone will ask them to the prom. All Vol fans want the best players we can get and want to see a steady rise back to national prominence. The constant woe is us for missing on a portal player or the continuous daily posts asking when we're gonna get a bunch of portal guys just gets old to me. And again, you may be doing a lot of this in jest and I have just missed it. Okay, back to your regularly scheduled programming.
Wow. Nice to be singled out. Apparently, I've been mistaken in my belief that blue font wasn't necessary. I guess I've overestimated the ability of people being able to discern sarcasm from seriousness.

And I'm pretty sure most of the forum is interested in who and when we'll land some portal guys, especially to shore up our defense. So I'm not sure why talking about it is offensive. This is, after all, the recruiting forum. We talk about players joining the team here.

Reactions: VolNash17
What incentive does Spyre have to disclose spending? You know, like an actual non-profit would have to do.

What disincentives them from just pocketing the money until everyone stops giving it and then declaring victory like every scam that exists on GoFundMe?

What is the pipeline from you to player X, exactly? Paying players directly is still not allowed by donation or otherwise. Are they going to launder the money through local businesses first?
They've been a legitimate company for a number of years fwiw.

I have suggested they volunteer to be audited. If I were a General, I'd be pushing even moreso. I just think it would be good business and add to funding by easing skeptical donors. Should alsi be fairly affordable considering they don't have a complex business or financial model.

They've been a legitimate company for a number of years fwiw.

I have suggested they volunteer to be audited. If I were a General, I'd be pushing even moreso. I just think it would be good business and add to funding by easing skeptical donors. Should alsi be fairly affordable considering they don't have a complex business or financial model.
I wondered myself what percentage of each donation would make it into the hands of the players. 3 full time employees (that we are aware of from their website - probably more salaries for office staff, etc) would seem to drain the donation money considerably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back