Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't do this, and I don't want to put it on social media because he's a pretty private guy. But if ya'll could lift up my friend, he's got COVID and has been battling with it for over a week. Back in the hospital now with pneumonia and in ICU, hoping he can get through this.
Prayers, hoping for the best outcome

Well if you cant stand the sight of cheaters, you probably shouldn't watch college athletics.
I dont think Huepel is a cheater. Donde isnt fit to run an athletic dept., but something tells me she isnt a cheater either.

And trust me, my interest in college athletics sp Basketball and Football, more specifically is waining. The officiating is insufferable.

Reactions: VFLz15
I dont think Huepel is a cheater. Donde isnt fit to run an athletic dept., but something tells me she isnt a cheater either.

And trust me, my interest in college athletics sp Basketball and Football, more specifically is waining. The officiating is insufferable.
I can agree on intrest waiting. Couldn't care less about the cheating but the product isn't as good and getting worse. It's kinda boring now.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Plenty of hate for them, just not sure if some things will ever change. Not with the dragging TN takes for any and everything. From throwing trash, to violations, arrests, whatever.

I know - we're going to be roasted regardless, should probably just throw up the double Gauldens. But the academic side will always demand "university integrity" first and ours is ripped apart for things the GAs and Bamas of the world, just aren't.🤬
None of that stuff matters…. They write the articles bc we have the best….. most engaged fan base out there and it gets them clicks and views.

Last edited:
Pearl is a great coach but also a massive scumbag. I liked it when he was OUR scumbag, though. He does fit in well at Auburn, though, given how absolutely filthy that program is at all levels.
I haven’t met many coaches but
I did meet pearly and his son at ATL airport
I was wearing a Vols shirt and they were in aubby gear

I said hey coach and he looked at me came over and shook my hand and said go Vols and chatted for a few minutes like he knew me

Seemed like a good guy then in person so I have pretty high respect for him as far as being a normal good guy outside of the recruiting stuff

If you ain’t cheatin you ain’t trying

I can agree on intrest waiting. Couldn't care less about the cheating but the product isn't as good and getting worse. It's kinda boring now.
The one thing that the NIL has done is creating an opportunity for all schools to raise money and pay players in the open. I realize that those with the most money still are the ones who will sign the best players.

First off, gtfo with this bullsh!t. "Am I happy with mediocre...do I want to see us achieve actual relevance again?" This, coupled with your statements of "no one is saying we have to get to the top immediately" and "We all know it takes baby steps" says one of three things about you: 1) you're not paying attention...2) you can't read for sh!t...or, 3) you're full of sh!t. My record speaks for itself about my fandom; and, this place is littered with trash post after trash post about recruiting better, Bama, and UGA...I haven't "implied" sh!t.

After years and years of complete garbage, Heupel signed the #11 to #15 class (Rivals, 247); yet, you and your ilk keep spewing the same " better better better...Bama, UGA, Bama, UGA" bullsh!t. As I said, we are 73-75 since 2010...have had four head coaches...have been drug time and time again in the media for over a decade...and, we have the NCAA up our ass. 7-6 does not wash ALL OF THAT away. You want reality? THAT'S what Heupel is up against, not Bama and UGA; and, STILL, he has a top 15 class.

You and your ilk keep bitching and bellyaching about transfers. We've landed 2 already...one will be our starting RT next year, the other will start opposite Tillman...with PLENTY MORE still there, and PLENTY MORE yet to enter. I have news for you, Heupel and company do not work on your time.

Now, as far as your dipsh!t question of ultimate goal: I knew whenever whoever was hired, unless they were a bona fide miracle worker, it was going to take 5 to 7 years just to have a chance at Atlanta...reality. Heupel may be that bona fide miracle worker. But, let's start with getting to back to back bowl games, shall we...something we haven't done going on 6 years. How about we win 10 games, shall we...something we haven't done in 15 freaking years! Yet, Heupel pulls a rabbit from the hat this year on the field, and an even bigger one on Dec 15th; yet, again, MANY keep spewing, "Heupel has to recruit better" "Bama, UGA".

I feel we are still in stabilize mode. None of us can say for certain that the wheels won't fall off again next year, with some injuries, it could; I don't think they will, but...

Let's get back to absolutely owning UK, Vandy, SC, shall we...beating up on Mizzou consistently, year in and year out. Let's solidify #2 in the East, then maybe we can talk about recruiting with Bama and UGA.

Back to back bowls...10 wins...owning UK, Vandy, SC...beating up Mizzou...beating Florida...#2 in the East...until this, it is ABSOLUTELY laughable to even hint at Bama and UGA.

To end: Heupel’s recruiting, so far, has been absolutely, 💯, unbelievably amazing. Talking about ANYTHING other than that, and only that, I have to question how much sense one has.

Now, I apologize for my rudeness and foul language; but, you poked the bear with your dumbazz second question.
Thank you..that sounded like me, and I was just about to post a massive diatribe..but you said the same things I was going to, so I will just say I am in total agreement.

One thing I worry about is I don't think people understand, check that..I KNOW they don't understand from their reactions this season, is just how thin the roster is and how badly just a few significant injuries could affect the final record.

None of that stuff matters…. They write the articles bc we have the best….. most engaged out there and it gets them clicks and views.

Like I tried to be clear about, what I feel they should do, or how much attention they should pay, is one thing.. Obviously they don't seem to give a flying flip what I think. Only what matters to them.

Thank you..that sounded like me, and I was just about to post a massive diatribe..but you said the same things I was going to, so I will just say I am in total agreement.

One thing I worry about is I don't think people understand, check that..I KNOW they don't understand from their reactions this season, is just how thin the roster is and how badly just a few significant injuries could affect the final record.
I just don't think this fanbase is going to stay patient long enough. After the garbage from 2010-2014, there were loud, loud calls for Butch to be fired for going 9-4 two years in a row. Now, we all know the bottom completely fell out the following season and that it would've been better had Butch gotten one of the other jobs he was angling for, and it is absolutely the case that the 2016 team ended with a wet fart, but after all the chaos and instability and embarrassment, I couldn't believe so many were ready to cut bait after going 18-8 over two seasons.

Yes - it is.

Which is the point of stocking the D this offseason with transfers from the portal. If they hit on a couple, the D will improve with the experience coming back. Improved D with a top scoring O, could produce 10+ wins next season. If that were to happen, the rebuild would escalate quickly.

Anybody doubt that the O will be top three in scoring next season if they stay reasonably healthy and Hooker improves even a small amount? I sure don't. Get a few more 3 and outs and/or turnovers on D - more possessions for the O to score.

There is not a single team on the schedule that is an automatic loss any more. None. The biggest obstacle they will face is the officiating crews. That one is on Danny to handle, not Heup. We will be in every game with a shot to win. In Heup's second season. After the past dozen years of futility, that is amazing.
The OL is going to be a drag for a while...it just is what it is and there are going to be no quick fixes there. Even if they get another decent transfer we are in the same boat as this past season...two injuries away from horrible horrid OL.

We need to stack at least two-three years of good to great OL classes to get past the depth issue.

Reactions: VolNash17
I don't do this, and I don't want to put it on social media because he's a pretty private guy. But if ya'll could lift up my friend, he's got COVID and has been battling with it for over a week. Back in the hospital now with pneumonia and in ICU, hoping he can get through this.
Will do

I just don't think this fanbase is going to stay patient long enough. After the garbage from 2010-2014, there were loud, loud calls for Butch to be fired for going 9-4 two years in a row. Now, we all know the bottom completely fell out the following season and that it would've been better had Butch gotten one of the other jobs he was angling for, and it is absolutely the case that the 2016 team ended with a wet fart, but after all the chaos and instability and embarrassment, I couldn't believe so many were ready to cut bait after going 18-8 over two seasons.
Hopefully….. we have a strong AD and administration that will make smart decisions without caring what the fan base thinks.

Butch was clearly a know nothing fraud...and we were able to see that very clearly as time went on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back