Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to argue with that. It’s just weird to me that someone could watch our super-senior leader take over a game and win a HUGE game against a top 10 opponent, just to dwell on the fact that they don’t think our offense is run well.

ENJOY THE FREAKIN’ WIN! That’s what sports are about!

Agreed

It's also basketball, not football

The team has a lot of room to grow, and the length of the season will give them the space and time to grow - the key is watching how they learn from whatever mistakes they made

...If this were football, then yeah, the appropriate response would be to burn down the stadium, put our coach on the hotseat, kill recruiting momentum and kick off another 5-year rebuild all while pining for Super Coach to come restore UT football to its rightful place atop college football into perpetuity

Reactions: Glitch and KptVFL
I'm a big time Drinkwitz fan and I hope Mizzou locks him up for many years to come

Reminds me of an up and coming Butch Jones
Speaking of, I’d like to see Tennessee put Arkansas State on the schedule. Would love putting 60+ on Jones. Maybe even get a bite or two out of Barb’s chip dip while they’re in town.

Basically AP got paid to say jack squat. Merry Christmas big fella.

ap2-gif.420912

Hyatt has had every chance to make an impact, and I thought Daddy Hyatt loved him some Tennessee?

This season was a low point for Hyatt. Everyone - coaches, fans he and his family etc. - expected him to have a coming out party. Instead he had a bad case of the drops. To make matters worse he's not always running the correct route and needs to firm up his blocking. I think he will be fine next season and when he is everyone's attitude (fans, his and his fam's) will change but it's tough to go through that when everyone's expecting you to be a star. But this was his year to learn that speed alone doesn't make a WR (let's hope he takes that lesson to heart).

So, the Service Academy student athletes don’t throw in the towel if they’re behind in a game. They don’t take plays off. They don’t get on social media and whine about everything.

I would be willing to bet that the transfer portal has not seen anyone entering from a Service Academy. Also gonna guess that their players aren’t trying to negotiate NIL deals.

So, the Army coach would have a totally different set of issues to deal with at Nebraska. JMO 🤔
I don’t think you can use the transfer portal when you are in the service academy.

Reactions: UTLou and KptVFL
I don’t think you can use the transfer portal when you are in the service academy.

I’ve always thought it would be more fair to the service academy teams if students could enlist for a 4-yr service term, not go into officer training, and have a more civilian-oriented education while playing whatever sport. Then once their term was up, they could either enroll in the normal officer training (if they qualified), be discharged back into civilian life, or re-enlist for a standard enlistee military career.

The shoulder shrug guy at the end is so unintentionally apropos. That tweet is a complete non sequitur.

I am not sure what a lot of those words mean, but I am going to go look them up. Depending on my research, I may or may not agree with you.

Also....

iu

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back