Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure it could if you were able to get the athletes for it….Nebraska use to just maul people……defenses are not really made to defend that style….. Our 98 championship was in big part due to Nebraska shoving it down our throats….. we spent the off-season getting bigger and more physical.
After watching North Dakota State's offensive line their past 2 games, I believe they are getting all of mauling dudes now. They have a NFL line of monsters like NE used to get out of the cornfields.

I'm interested in the details of this if you can share... either here or another platform.
I'm not 100% sure, I saw him delivering beef tongues and some beef to a Mexican restaurant here in town. He gave me a very vague explanation of what he did in a 3 minute conversation. I think it was FDA approval with his farm and feeding processes for his cattle and then he uses a FDA approved butcher that packages the meat for him to be able to sell. FDA may be the wrong organization but this is the information I was passed.

Reactions: Big Sun
I'm not 100% sure, I saw him delivering beef tongues and some beef to a Mexican restaurant here in town. He gave me a very vague explanation of what he did in a 3 minute conversation. I think it was FDA approval with his farm and feeding processes for his cattle and then he uses a FDA approved butcher that packages the meat for him to be able to sell. FDA may be the wrong organization but this is the information I was passed.

FDA is correct. I know they do all sorts of inspections to get certified for public sales. I think the butcher even has to have their scales inspected.

Last edited:
VQ Mailbag Podcast Notes
- Percentage on Verse being a Vol: AP says 50/50 chance
- AP mentioned how intelligent Justin Williams is
- Is Nico attainable if Alabama wants him? AP thinks Nico wants to make a name for himself and that he definitely wants to play in the South.
- Less than 50% chance that Devin Hyatt comes to UT
- AP thinks Moten probably ends up at Miami
- Interesting redshirt players: Jimmy Calloway (duh), Christian Charles, Rucker, Julian Nixon, Trinity Bell
- They think raises are coming for the staff, particularly Heupel and Golesh
- Was NIL a factor in retaining Hendon Hooker? No, he announced he was coming back with zero firm NIL deals but AP expects him to have some good deals.
- Leaders on this team: Hendon Hooker, Cedric Tillman, Tyler Baron (can be)
- Any changes with staff? Nothing expected but never say never

So they’re back to talking like Tillman returns?

VQ Mailbag Podcast Notes
- Is Nico attainable if Alabama wants him? AP thinks Nico wants to make a name for himself and that he definitely wants to play in the South.
- Interesting redshirt players: Jimmy Calloway (duh), Christian Charles, Rucker, Julian Nixon, Trinity Bell
- Was NIL a factor in retaining Hendon Hooker? No, he announced he was coming back with zero firm NIL deals but AP expects him to have some good deals.
Is something going on with Jalin Hyatt that brother Devin doesn't like? Just curious why his interest in Tennessee appears to be low?

Sure it could if you were able to get the athletes for it….Nebraska use to just maul people……defenses are not really made to defend that style….. Our 98 championship was in big part due to Nebraska shoving it down our throats….. we spent the off-season getting bigger and more physical.
He's the "50/50" & the "maybe it will, maybe it won't" champion in his class.

Is something going on with Jalin Hyatt that brother Devin doesn't like? Just curious why his interest in Tennessee appears to be low?
I think its because Hyatt has not made much of an impact and because Devin is going to have a lot more options.

VQ Mailbag Podcast Notes
“NIL was never a factor for Hooker,” he said, watching Hendon dab the sweat off his brow with a few fresh Franklins.

Laying aside all our stupid VN snarkiness and trash talk aside for a moment...

Please pray for my wifes family, we finally persuaded my very frail mother-in-law to get vaxxed in late August while she was staying with us in Kentucky...but two of my wifes brothers and sister and their families that live down there refused to get the shot..now every last one of them has Covid along with most of their church. We were going down tommorow night for the weekend, but we are going to have leave today instead to go get the MiL and bring her back up here and take care of her while they all quarantine.

As aggravated as I am at their stubborn ignorance, they are all really good humans and I love them dearly..I pray that they all make it, every one of them has pretty bad health issues of one kind or another, and I pray that my Mil doesn’t get it, and if she does that the vaccine does it's job...for myself I don't want us to get it again, but somebody has to care for her, she can not take care of herself anymore.

Appreciate the prayers in advance.
Prayers sent! Hopefully it is all mild cases and everyone is ok.

I was listening to Bob Kesling interview Barnes after the game last night. Barnes says "I got you something special for Christmas, Bob. I've noticed that thing you're wearing is getting a little mangy. Merry Christmas! (Hands him a new toupee)."

Bob had gotten Barnes an ornament with Bob's face on it.

Lolololololololo such ball busting old fogies.

Drinkwitz sucks. Don’t think they’ll pull a class again like they did this year. Heupel’s going to have him grabbing his ankles again next fall.

I'm a big time Drinkwitz fan and I hope Mizzou locks him up for many years to come

Reminds me of an up and coming Butch Jones

How many top athletes these days are signing up for that? Football has changed, you can't use Nebraska of decades ago as evidence for if it would work today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back