Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is simple…reply and ask every media member who tries to do something like this why is 5-7 Rutgers in the Gator Bowl to begin with, and where would they be if TAM hadn’t chickened out due to “COVID”…aka no QB. They would be spending Christmas and New Years with their families.

I guarantee you they’d be a 10-3 top 20 program if they made that move happen. Monken knows what he’s doing

So, the Service Academy student athletes don’t throw in the towel if they’re behind in a game. They don’t take plays off. They don’t get on social media and whine about everything.

I would be willing to bet that the transfer portal has not seen anyone entering from a Service Academy. Also gonna guess that their players aren’t trying to negotiate NIL deals.

So, the Army coach would have a totally different set of issues to deal with at Nebraska. JMO 🤔

Gerald W. had a nice career. Couldn't help my self. I hope he and you all will forgive me. Best I could do with a VolNation check-in from the road.

I am attempting to smoke a brisket for the first time for Christmas dinner. Wish me luck…hope I don’t screw it up.
Watch this and the two follow up videos and you can’t go wrong. Also, get pink butcher paper. 👌🏽

Also, Meat Church has a great method on burnt ends that I use to supplement Aaron’s method.

Could you imagine UGA fans if they had to bow out, and didnt even get the Bama re match? That would be hilarious
They will all turn into Uncle Rico’s talking about how they would have won the title if COVID wasn’t around. “We would have won state if coach would have put me in.”
uncle-rico-no-doubt.gif

VQ Mailbag Podcast Notes
- Percentage on Verse being a Vol: AP says 50/50 chance
- AP mentioned how intelligent Justin Williams is
- Is Nico attainable if Alabama wants him? AP thinks Nico wants to make a name for himself and that he definitely wants to play in the South.
- Less than 50% chance that Devin Hyatt comes to UT
- AP thinks Moten probably ends up at Miami
- Interesting redshirt players: Jimmy Calloway (duh), Christian Charles, Rucker, Julian Nixon, Trinity Bell
- They think raises are coming for the staff, particularly Heupel and Golesh
- Was NIL a factor in retaining Hendon Hooker? No, he announced he was coming back with zero firm NIL deals but AP expects him to have some good deals.
- Leaders on this team: Hendon Hooker, Cedric Tillman, Tyler Baron (can be)
- Any changes with staff? Nothing expected but never say never

I’m about to hit my 8 year anniversary on this board and just started using the ignore feature in the last few months.

Mad I waited so long. A much better overall experience.
I’ve got one guy on ignorant. And that’s because he writes books in almost every post. There are a lot of people I just don’t read though.
You’re right. It’s not difficult to just ignore people.

I’m sure I’m on a few ignore lists.

VQ Mailbag Podcast Notes
- Percentage on Verse being a Vol: AP says 50/50 chance
- AP mentioned how intelligent Justin Williams is
- Is Nico attainable if Alabama wants him? AP thinks Nico wants to make a name for himself and that he definitely wants to play in the South.
- Less than 50% chance that Devin Hyatt comes to UT
- AP thinks Moten probably ends up at Miami
- Interesting redshirt players: Jimmy Calloway (duh), Christian Charles, Rucker, Julian Nixon, Trinity Bell
- They think raises are coming for the staff, particularly Heupel and Golesh
- Was NIL a factor in retaining Hendon Hooker? No, he announced he was coming back with zero firm NIL deals but AP expects him to have some good deals.
- Leaders on this team: Hendon Hooker, Cedric Tillman, Tyler Baron (can be)
- Any changes with staff? Nothing expected but never say never
Basically AP got paid to say jack squat. Merry Christmas big fella.

There is no way that style of play could consistently be a top 20 program.
Sure it could if you were able to get the athletes for it….Nebraska use to just maul people……defenses are not really made to defend that style….. Our 98 championship was in big part due to Nebraska shoving it down our throats….. we spent the off-season getting bigger and more physical.

He loves himself, not the Vols. He wants to be right, not to win. If we were playing some scrub team that we were supposed to run off of the floor, then I could understand being miffed at a close ugly win. I don't understand being mad while knocking off the #6 team while not really playing well.

That is the mark of a good team, winning against another good team with your B or even C game.

I don't think this team is built to go far in the Dance or win the SEC for that matter...It is a good team though, and it could get better. I think it has too many talented, but uncomplimentary pieces to really gell like people want it to.

I hope they prove my feeling wrong.
Honestly Barnes should be tarred and feathered for not sitting his starting five against Arizona.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back