Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang it! Forgot about Army game, would have loved to have watched that misery unfold 😆
tenor.gif

There is no way that style of play could consistently be a top 20 program.

Probably not. But more than anything, Nebraska needs to find an identity again.
They’re just a nothing, has-been program, stuck in a conference they don’t belong in, doing literally nothing well, and having nothing to sell to anyone who didn’t grow up a diehard Nebraska fan.

At least if they ran the option again, they could try to re-assume their old identity.

They’d have zero troubles. Monken understands how to coach. He’s already took Michigan to double overtime in the big house with Army Cadets
Once. That's like saying appy state could be a top 20 program because they beat Michigan. That style of play will not work in P5 football consistently.

Reactions: volKano
Well then...he is just an ***hole. Which is worse? We all have bad takes, but some are so consistently over the top and stupid that it boggles the mind.

Hard to argue with that. It’s just weird to me that someone could watch our super-senior leader take over a game and win a HUGE game against a top 10 opponent, just to dwell on the fact that they don’t think our offense is run well.

ENJOY THE FREAKIN’ WIN! That’s what sports are about!

I watched the entire game. I thought he looked good, especially for a freshman.
Eh, he missed quite a few that I saw. Completed a ton of 5 and under passes, not much else. I was flipping between the Tennessee game.

Eh, he missed quite a few that I saw. Completed a ton of 5 and under passes, not much else. I was flipping between the Tennessee game.
Was very accurate and made wise decisions. Took what the defense gave him plus made some additional nice throws. One of his few incompletions was a deep dime that was dropped. His only miss was on the 2 pt conversion. Can’t ask much more from a freshman in his first start. Won the job during bowl practices. He should be tough to beat next year.

Interesting. Why not?
Honestly I assume they could, and it has probably happened before. But they are still limited by the number of coaches they are allowed to have on staff that can coach players.

If Napier tried to go out there with an unfinished staff mixed with the old staff running a new playbook, the results would probably be a hilariously embarrassing way to start his tenure.

Kinda like if I took a new job and I had some mission critical assignment due two weeks after my first day. It would be just setting him up to fail.

But some big money gambler, but JMO. Boosts are like the bargain shelf at the Grocery store. They are on sale for a reason.

Every now and then I'll see one I like. They are worth checking.
I played a few when the book apps were finally legal in TN and they always seemed like sucker bets. I've dabbled here and there out of boredom and I'm probably under 10% all-time playing the boosts. They're terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back