Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I assume they could, and it has probably happened before. But they are still limited by the number of coaches they are allowed to have on staff that can coach players.

If Napier tried to go out there with an unfinished staff mixed with the old staff running a new playbook, the results would probably be a hilariously embarrassing way to start his tenure.

Kinda like if I took a new job and I had some mission critical assignment due two weeks after my first day. It would be just setting him up to fail.
Good points

I played a few when the book apps were finally legal in TN and they always seemed like sucker bets. I've dabbled here and there out of boredom and I'm probably under 10% all-time playing the boosts. They're terrible.
If I do play a boost, it's for no more than $5 and it's one I'm fairly sure will hit.

Hard to argue with that. It’s just weird to me that someone could watch our super-senior leader take over a game and win a HUGE game against a top 10 opponent, just to dwell on the fact that they don’t think our offense is run well.

ENJOY THE FREAKIN’ WIN! That’s what sports are about!

He loves himself, not the Vols. He wants to be right, not to win. If we were playing some scrub team that we were supposed to run off of the floor, then I could understand being miffed at a close ugly win. I don't understand being mad while knocking off the #6 team while not really playing well.

That is the mark of a good team, winning against another good team with your B or even C game.

I don't think this team is built to go far in the Dance or win the SEC for that matter...It is a good team though, and it could get better. I think it has too many talented, but uncomplimentary pieces to really gell like people want it to.

I hope they prove my feeling wrong.

Cuonzo is such a buster. Remember when the national media high-horsed us on that one too? Jackasses.

200.gif

Vol fans, hear me now...

Leading up to the Gator Bowl, the dumbsh!ts of the world are going to have headline after headline after headline, so on and so on and so on about how great Greg Shiano is, and how much we suck because we didn't want him...I will be shocked if this "most prestigious bowl they've ever played in" isn't shoved down our throats across all media and social media. I don't care if they had to back door into the game, and we know and everyone knows they suck, it doesn't matter. The Wolkens and Forde's and Thamel's of the world will be calling you, Vol fans; they live for your clicks and interactions, literally.

Now, you have two choices: give them exactly what they want, while also getting pissed off at what they've written; or, don't click, and feel much better.

Last edited:
Vol fans, hear me now...

Leading up to the Gator Bowl, the dumbsh!ts of the world are going to have headline after headline after headline, so on and so on and so on about how great Greg Shiano is, and how much we suck because we didn't want him...I will be shocked if this "most prestigious bowl they've ever played in" isn't shoved down our throats across all media and social media. I don't care if they had to back door into the game, and we know and everyone knows they suck, it doesn't matter. The Wolkens and Forde's and Thamel's of the world will be calling you, Vol fans, they live for your clicks and interactions, literally.

Now, you have two choices: give them exactly what they want, while also getting pissed off at what they've written; or, don't click, and feel much better.
Its weird that he's so good and yet, nearly every school in the country was looking for a new coach and there he is still at Rutgers, his phone uncalled. Curious imo.

Last edited:
Vol fans, hear me now...

Leading up to the Gator Bowl, the dumbsh!ts of the world are going to have headline after headline after headline, so on and so on and so on about how great Greg Shiano is, and how much we suck because we didn't want him...I will be shocked if this "most prestigious bowl they've ever played in" isn't shoved down our throats across all media and social media. I don't care if they had to back door into the game, and we know and everyone knows they suck, it doesn't matter. The Wolkens and Forde's and Thamel's of the world will be calling you, Vol fans, they live for your clicks and interactions, literally.

Yup.

Probably not. But more than anything, Nebraska needs to find an identity again.
They’re just a nothing, has-been program, stuck in a conference they don’t belong in, doing literally nothing well, and having nothing to sell to anyone who didn’t grow up a diehard Nebraska fan.

At least if they ran the option again, they could try to re-assume their old identity.
They have

"Best 3-9 team ever!"

To sell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back