More upgrades have officially started inside Neyland

Honestly who cares how many seats we are losing. The days of capacity bragging rights are over. People's needs for entertainment have changed and the university is making the right call with evolving to meet those needs. The renovations are going to make a much more fun game experience. The additional Jumbotron and the standing room "sports bar" area below it are awesome. Makes me actually want to go to the games now.

A lot of the people who complain about reducing the capacity are the same ones who come to maybe one game a year, and spend the rest of the time telling me how they’d much rather watch from their man cave. I just take it all with a grain of salt…

In my order of priorities, God first always, family next, friends and VOL Nation. Neyland down the list a ways. If we can return to national and SEC GREATNESS, the facilities will catch up just fine.

Reactions: JacketVol
Millions in renovations and the bathrooms still look like this...

E4HeVwEWYAcWDg6

Makes me feel a little better that the men's restroom looks about the same as ours. Hahaha, yes, you're right, they're in need of a remodel.

That discoloration on stall partition shows you how far urine is spraying out of the trough onto your legs, and those of the person next to you.

Honestly who cares how many seats we are losing. The days of capacity bragging rights are over. People's needs for entertainment have changed and the university is making the right call with evolving to meet those needs. The renovations are going to make a much more fun game experience. The additional Jumbotron and the standing room "sports bar" area below it are awesome. Makes me actually want to go to the games now.

Horse hockey.

That discoloration on stall partition shows you how far urine is spraying out of the trough onto your legs, and those of the person next to you.
Well, urine is self-sterilizing, but it does have a bit of an odor. :cool:

Ooo, somebody watched WandaVision!

GREAT analogy, and I agree.
I've never seen it, heh.

I first learned of the Ship of Theseus decades ago. I mean, it has been around since Plutarch and Plato. It has made some laps as a philosophical thought experiment.

Or maybe you meant instead that WandaVision mentioned cellular replacement rates in human bodies? Not sure which analogy you meant in your response.

Either way, Go Vols, KC! :)

Reactions: kcvols1
They used to be dorms and classrooms in Neyland.
I’ve heard a few stories of it being a game to get the freshmen lost down there. Whether or not it’s true would have to be verified by one of our resident students/graduates
My father spent 3 semesters living in those dorms.

Reactions: VAVol85
There was a time in my career when I thought I’d get to design the drainage.., it fell through. I am sad about it.

Would love to see individual seating instead of bleachers. I don’t care if it reduces capacity. We ain’t the biggest so what does it matter?

Reactions: JacketVol

VN Store

Back