More upgrades have officially started inside Neyland

Not at $4600/seat (plus a $600 fee).
Yeah, I had thought about moving to that side (prior years), now the price is outrageous. While I'm on the visitor side, I have great seats at an even better price (dropped $500 per seat), not going to make that change. Hope you end up with seats you like just as well.

**Edit** I did notice, they now charge a $50 processing fee for anyone who wants tickets mailed. lol:rolleyes:

I am floored when I hear how expensive seats have gotten. A lot of my friends who had been grandfather in the past are really, really angry at the program right now.
These are becoming luxury seats. Recliners with food/drink service and a bar and bathroom area underneath the seats. Sounds to me like it's going to become basically corporate seating. Not for fans who want to go for the game itself.

I am floored when I hear how expensive seats have gotten. A lot of my friends who had been grandfather in the past are really, really angry at the program right now.

They lowered the price in multiple sections throughout Neyland too. However, they do continue to renovate and add additional premium seating options that are pricey. I am paying $600/seat for my seats in Y6.

Reactions: HooahVol
These are becoming luxury seats. Recliners with food/drink service and a bar and bathroom area underneath the seats. Sounds to me like it's going to become basically corporate seating. Not for fans who want to go for the game itself.

I am concerned how it is going to look once completed. It may stick out like a sore thumb with all the bleacher seating and then one sideline of chair back seats. I also hope it does not become a seating area for big money/business and take away from the hostile environment of Neyland.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
I am concerned how it is going to look once completed. It may stick out like a sore thumb with all the bleacher seating and then one sideline of chair back seats. I also hope it does not become a seating area for big money/business and take away from the hostile environment of Neyland.
Don't get your hopes up. That will certainly be what happens.

Reactions: JacketVol
Maybe we should make Neyland like the Soviets did the Kremlin wall and bury our leaders and famed players in the walls. We could call them VFALs. VOLS For the AfterLife
My LSU friend told me there were bodies buried under Tiger Stadium. Fundraiser!

Neyland VIP aka Bonnaroo VIP.

Why are the grandfathered seats holders who have been given special discounts for 35 years upset that they're expected to pay what everyone else does?

How about acknowledging the thousands and thousands of dollars of they have essentially been gifted for the past three and a half decades?

Bud? Joke? Try again. I’ll go first. “Jravol”....I didn’t appreciate your original comment and took it as a slam. Please read before you trash folks. Not funny. But, I’m good. Go Vols! Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Was not meant as a slam . Come from old line of mountain type folk, many of whom worked on the railroad and the old joke was that they thought engineering school was a new place that had been conceived to teach people how to drive trains.

Merry Christmas to you and yours as well .

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
Is that this section form the original 1921 Shield Watkins Field?

9854497.jpg
Think that’s the East end your looking at which hasn’t been screwed with

Reactions: HooahVol
Don't be sad. Nothing is lost. Honestly.

Have you heard of the ship of Theseus? It goes like this: the first king of Athens, Theseus, had a ship built. Over the years, the ship was repaired bit by bit, old boards, sails and ropes being removed and replacements installed. By the end of Theseus' life, every part of the ship had been replaced at least once. Yet it was still thought of as the same ship, as Theseus' ship.

[part of the philosophical debate goes on to imagine a craftsman who kept all the old parts, and eventually reassembled them in his barn...the question then became, was this rotting hulk made of the ship's original parts ALSO the ship of Theseus? Was it even more the ship of Theseus than the ship everyone called the ship of Theseus?]

Another example of the same point is this: most every cell in the human body is replaced each 7 to 10 years. You literally have nothing physical in common with the you of two decades ago. Yet you remain you.

No worries for Neyland. Its spirit continues to thrive, even as old parts are replaced with new ones.

Go Vols!

Ooo, somebody watched WandaVision!

GREAT analogy, and I agree.

VN Store

Back