Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s the biggest IF and how long does it take? He had 3 years at Michigan and didn’t get it, and he’s here now and clearly doesn’t get it still. Do we have patience or time to wait on him to get it?
He ain't gonna get it..Milton is what he is, what I have said over and over that he is..a big dude that can throw it a mile, but can't hit the broad side of a barn half the time.

Also I know you're not responding to him in this post, but Hank is full of 💩 We don't call them "Hank takes" for nothing...Somehow Heupel got insane production out of Gabriel with this offense..you know the dude that doesn't have a big arm?

It doesn't make sense to me. People are telling me not to believe my eyes. My eyes saw him as the best QB on our roster last year, yet they played JG. My eyes saw him be far better than what Hooker and Milton have shown us in the spring game, and yet he isn't playing. I don't know what it is. I do know that he actually has the ability to pass the football and the other two guys do not. My eyes have seen it
What we don't see is practice, and obviously the kid is the opposite of a practice warrior. I get how it is hard to believe a guy will do it on Saturday when he can't do it when the bullets are not flying...I can understand the lack of trust when I see it from that perspective.

It is a big if, that’s why I said give him through the Florida game, obviously should still be able to play someone else this weekend.

That’s not realistically going to change the outcome of the games no matter who the an is. If he plays well Saturday and against Florida then great, if he’s still missing too many open players then make the switch.

Just think he deserves more than a game and a half after reportedly winning the qb job handily. I’m not saying you stuck with him if it continues to look the same.

He only played in what 6 games at Michigan? It’s not like it’s JG and Pruitt. It’s a game and a half and he got benched/“hurt”. Huepel will find the best guy we have and go with it, even if it takes a few games.
You can go ahead and copy and paste this for four weeks from now, and just change the "game and a half" to "five and a half games"..Milton sucks...can you not see that?

With NFL receivers on his team tho
That is absolutely irrelevant..he got the ball to them...beautifully, that is all that is relevant.

We don't have NFL receivers on this team, but they are running wide ass open all over the field, but Milton can't see them, or hit them consistently when he does see them..

So I was on the road yesterday, probably still today for some of y'all but I crashed for awhile. Did we get an injury report on our guys?

Also, RIP Parys Haralson. Sad news.

And I saw USC fired Helton. Odds Meyer pulls a Saban and jumps ship from the NFL for the job? Heard he's already taking a lot of heat in Jacksonville. Some guys just aren't meant to be NFL coaches.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
My buddy who is a Kentucky fan saw they fired Helton, and was like “are UT, Nebraska, and USC in a race to see which formerly good program is the most dysfunctional?”

I screenshotted it. If USC ends up getting Mark Stoops, I’m going to be relentless.
Mark Stoops has proven himself to be a good solid coach...but he is the kind of guy you have to be patient with..

Reactions: RiotVol
It's not just recruiting that has me on the fence. Heupels teams often lack discipline. 11 penalty games were common place at UCF. Not enough running, Heupel doesn't play much smashmouth football, ans I believe his offense will struggle with physical teams. Lastly too much boom or passes at the LOS, not enough middle game. Better teams that can play a simple 2 man under will eat this offense alive.
Not enough running?...You just absolutely proved your ignorance about this offense..

Goodbye 🙋‍♂️

What don’t you like about CJH?
His teams are undisciplined, 11 penalties were the nor at UCF. He isnt going to recruit well. His teams dont come across as physical on the O line. His offense is too vertical, and SEC pass rushers are going to tee off all day long. He reminds of a lot of year 3 Dooley, he might put up some points, but his defenses are going to struggle and we are going to lose a lot of coulda shoulda woulda games with him.

Never in a million years. The mega-successful system he's got extends well beyond the university. He can't put that together in California. He'd have to do a ton more work for a lot less results.
People that have never lived in Alabama just do not understand..it is literally everyone from the justice system, economic system and journalism sectors pulling together. It really does just mean more down there. They got sick of getting beat by us and did something about it.

So it seems everyone is convinced we're playing the wrong QB. How is it our QB guru coach is playing the wrong guy? What is it about UT that makes coaches functionally retarded? Pruitt, the defensive guru, couldn't produce a good defense here. Now everyone says Heupel has fallen in love with Milton and is playing the wrong QB, mostly while screaming for HB. So why do coaches forget what they were successful at when they come here?

Reactions: RiotVol
Dobbs' accuracy didn't improve a lot.
Account for all the data. Look how his Y/A skyrocketed. He started hitting his deep shots and taking more of them, and those naturally come with a much lower completion%, so that 4 percentage point jump (which is quite significant on its own) means even more.

Anybody see the UT fans in Neyland Saturday chanting F you Biden? Apparently it was on Fox News. Surprised I didn’t hear anything about it on the radio today since it made national news.. I was there in Y9 and never heard it
Haha yeah apparently a lot of colleges did this

Reactions: VolNash17
5mw6cq.jpg
Not gunna lie this is pretty funny….

So it seems everyone is convinced we're playing the wrong QB. How is it our QB guru coach is playing the wrong guy? What is it about UT that makes coaches functionally retarded? Pruitt, the defensive guru, couldn't produce a good defense here. Now everyone says Heupel has fallen in love with Milton and is playing the wrong QB, mostly while screaming for HB. So why do coaches forget what they were successful at when they come here?
I've told you over and over and over why. Heupel is a good offensive coach, he has had good QBs...he is blinded by Miltons physical talents and practice greatness. Both can be true.

I don't know about Bailey, you and others have made me doubt what I have seen from him to a degree. I know I want to see him given a chance in real games to see what he can do. He doesn't have to do much to do better than Milton...that is one thing for sure.

I think Hooker is what he is. He is not horrible.

Reactions: VolNash17
His teams are undisciplined, 11 penalties were the nor at UCF. He isnt going to recruit well. His teams dont come across as physical on the O line. His offense is too vertical, and SEC pass rushers are going to tee off all day long. He reminds of a lot of year 3 Dooley, he might put up some points, but his defenses are going to struggle and we are going to lose a lot of coulda shoulda woulda games with him.
You get that after two games lol….. same offense that whipped Auburn and gave LSU a scare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back