Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you expect cam Newton? If Milton was a perfect QB he wouldn’t have transferred from Michigan. He works hard and won the job despite being around the coaches less than our other QBs.

He’s the only QB that gives you the element of really stretching the field. That’s a big deal when your entire DNA on offense is built around creating space. I think they could build a much more sustainable offense around Hooker and his legs much like Kentucky did recently with Wilson and Bowden, but it looks to me like the coaches put a lot of value on vertical stretches and i understand why.
I'm ok with giving Milton more time to try and put it together. But there has to be a threshold, the vertical threat is only a threat if we can connect. If we can't there is no threat, just a waste of downs and any defensive coordinator would be happy to oblige.

At some point we have to have him stop throwing the bombs he has little chance to connect on and instruct to make other reads. Or replace him with a different QB.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
i don’t think we have the WRs to run a true art Briles style system in this conference. Not right now anyway. That’s why i thought Hooker would be our best bet at QB and they can get creative running QB power, counter, dart schemes all with RPOs tagged and basically just nickel and dime teams to death. If you get a open shot take it but that’s not what you’re depending on. Kentucky laid the blueprint on how to do it, we have just as much talent as they did offensively so i think it would work.

Agree. Similar point I have been making if you are sincere about winning being most important. Adjust for the talent you do have at he position combined with the roster's ability. That tells me it is Hooker.

But I am not sure winning now is the primary goal. Will see,

Agree. Similar point I have been making if you are sincere about winning being most important. Adjust for the talent you do have at he position combined with the roster's ability. That tells me it is Hooker.

But I am not sure winning now is the primary goal. Will see,
If the last sentence is true, which I don’t think it is, we will be looking for a new coach before 4 years.

Yep. Already saw a 'Fire Josh Heupel' fan account on Twitter.

Hilarious!

The silly thing for me (among many others) is if we keep cycling coaches, where do these people think all the players are going to come from? The players keep cycling out and recruiting is getting harder and harder with coaches on the hotseat.

We don't have free agency or a draft that allows the worst teams to pick the best players.

It's quite the opposite in college football.

The spoils go to the programs with coaching stability.

Once upon a time, Tennessee was a model of coaching stability... and won many, many football games during that era.

Im actually not against Milton starting. If he can dial in the deep ball then hes best for this O. What I do wonder though, if he struggles, will JH pull the trigger and replace him, or ride or die? You cant go back in time, but I wonder if Milton doesnt get hurt, do we even see Hooker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back