Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, Neyland is an icon, and reno talks have come along, but has there ever been a discussion on tearing it down and starting over? If they want something more modern it could be the way to go. Although, it will be an unpopular decision.
I hope not. My only stipulation is to keep the stadium a complete bowl and 90k+ like it matters.

Velus, Tremblay and McGrath need to be our biggest recruiters. Even if they won’t play with them they need to tell their former USC teammates to come to UT.

Speaking of Velus why isn’t returning punts?..he’s a lot faster than Theo Jackson

You will know by whether they adapt the offense to who they have at QB. Because so far, this O scheme does not even fit Milton. They had to know that based on Milton's past film and these two games. There are 10 other positions they have to develop into the scheme. It's not just the QB. We have issues at a lot of them that makes the QB, no matter who he is, look bad at times. So, do you change your scheme and system for a different style of play to fit one guy, an important one, if it means you win more now? Fans say "yes!". HC/staff/AD may not agree.

Will see how it plays out.
We scored 34 points against a top 10 rated defense from the year before….Since the start of the 2019 season, we are one of only 3 teams to score 34 points against them and that’s with leaving plenty of points on the field.

Play all 3. Give HH and HB more PT and get game film for a fair comparison. Give the other 2-- especially HB-- time to work through things, find their rhythm and see if they can sync with the receivers.

UT planned to play all 3 QBs in the first game, but it didn't go as expected. So take advantage of a second opportunity Saturday to see what we've got, then make the best decision for the personnel and situation we have. SEC's gonna be tough. We'll probably need them all.
Do you have an informed opinion as to why our big RB's are not getting any PT?

We’ve had receivers running wild for two straight weeks. One against a Pitt defense that all the talking heads said were way better than us. Do I think it works against UGA, BAMA etc.? No but we have enough to reach out target of 6-7 wins this year. QB play is the hindering factor.

I didn’t think they got much separation consistently vs Pitt. Sure they had a step on some 50 yard throws but that’s not what should be the focus. Even when those are open they are still tough throws.

I know, Neyland is an icon, and reno talks have come along, but has there ever been a discussion on tearing it down and starting over? If they want something more modern it could be the way to go. Although, it will be an unpopular decision.

No. UT is an urban campus, and Neyland's location near The Hill won't be changed. UT has a master plan and they're updating within the footprint-- for all the major sports facilities.

I don’t think anyone thought he was really good just that he had won the job… I wasn’t discussing Milton anyways.
He likes hooker but still thinks he is average. But could be good. We’re obviously Bailey fans since we watched him at Marietta and know many coaches around Atlanta who would have died for Bailey. Hilgrove thought they had a chance but he went to Marietta. He just needs his shot, if he blows it then that’s on him. But he always seems to bring it on game day and I wish we could see what we have.

He likes hooker but still thinks he is average. But could be good. We’re obviously Bailey fans since we watched him at Marietta and know many coaches around Atlanta who would have died for Bailey. Hilgrove thought they had a chance but he went to Marietta. He just needs his shot, if he blows it then that’s on him. But he always seems to bring it on game day and I wish we could see what we have.
How does your VFL friend think he is doing in practice?

I’m still convinced that Heupel is much further along than Pruitt in 2017, Butch in 2013, and Dooley in 2010.

Team already appears bought in and is playing hard for him.

Plus, a good chunk of the fanbase already distrusts his decision-making and wants him fired.

It’s really amazing!

Pretty sure all those teams played hard at the beginning two games in..

Reactions: ChattaTNVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back