Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have. Cover to cover. You?
Nice. I'm reading it now. I'm on the book of Genesis and I'm already amazed at how much is never brought up in church. Yet other parts, are a huge part of church. For example, the story of Noah is about 2 pages total, but that is such an important story in Christian faith. However, the page about Lot's daughters getting him drunk so they sleep with him and get pregnant by him....well I've never heard that at Church.....

Nice. I'm reading it now. I'm on the book of Genesis and I'm already amazed at how much is never brought up in church. Yet other parts, are a huge part of church. For example, the story of Noah is about 2 pages total, but that is such an important story in Christian faith. However, the page about Lot's daughters getting him drunk so they sleep with him and get pregnant by him....well I've never heard that at Church.....

Remember when reading scripture... there are prescriptive things, and there are descriptive things. The Bible is wild! This is my fourth year completing the Bible in 90 days. Mostly audio while driving now. But the story arc comes into focus better when drinking from a firehose like that.

Yep, spring will give us a glimpse of what we have and what we need. We don't know how quickly some of the talent will develop. Guys were misused, underused or not used at all last year, so we don't know how quickly they'll progress or in some cases, what positions they'll play. We don't know how the QB competition will play out. We don't know how much quality depth we have or can develop before fall camp. We don't know who'll live up to their potential, who has a higher ceiling or who could decide to try their luck elsewhere.

You're right-- we need questions answered and gaps filled. And hopefully, we'll get some good surprises. Then we'll go portal shopping and round out the roster the best we can.
That's kinda depressing bud-----cheer up :):)

Popeyes chicken sandwich is the worst I have ever tasted. I would say " had" but it was just a taste and then directly into the garbage. I have to think it was an anomaly because people seem to love the things but the one I tried was a soggy greasy ball of filth and shame.
Need to pick your Restaurants better.... obviously went to the po dunk Popeyes

But on top of that, when reading of Noah, Churches and Bible stories always talk about 2 and 2 of animals on the Ark, but was does Scripture say? Crazy what many think vs what Scripture really says.

But on top of that, when reading of Noah, Churches and Bible stories always talk about 2 and 2 of animals on the Ark, but was does Scripture say? Crazy what many think vs what Scripture really says.
Like, how the world has turned "fruit" into just an apple; or, the THREE wise men. I'll give you a $1000 if you can show me ANYWHERE in scripture it says there were three of them. And, I could go on and on and on...and, then keep going some more.

"Study to show thyself approved..."

NEVER take anyone else's word for it.

At the end of the day, idc what a company's values are.
While I follow to a degree...you're telling me if you lived in the 1940's you'd buy a Hitler Inc. mustache grooming kit if it was the best product on the market? Probably 99% of company mission statements and values are pretty innocuous...but there are some outliers.

I don't see anything wrong with supporting your social values with your dollars, if you so choose. Whether that's shopping local, religious, living wage, animal treatment, et cetera. For those that care, it's one of the best ways to promote your social values. Otherwise, we are just consumers. I find nothing more depressing than a consumerist globe but jmo

Like, how the world has turned "fruit" into just an apple; or, the THREE wise men. I'll give you a $1000 if you can show me ANYWHERE in scripture it says there were three of them. And, I could go on and on and on...and, then keep going some more.
When you start breaking it down into the Greek, Hebrew, and Chaldean is when it really gets mind blowing.
"Study to show thyself approved..."

NEVER take anyone else's word for it.

Reactions: SugarCC
How many of ya'll have actually read the Bible? I don't mean going to church and listening to a sermon, but actually read it the Bible itself.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess 99%+.

Now, how many have read the Tanakh, Quran, Avesta, Tripitaka, or one of hundreds of other religious texts? That would be a much more interesting question in the west.

Anybody heard anything about a fight on the team and several players potentially getting kicked off the team as a result? There's some smoke about it on one of TOS but no names. Says it'll be known tonight or tomorrow.

Popeyes chicken sandwich is the worst I have ever tasted. I would say " had" but it was just a taste and then directly into the garbage. I have to think it was an anomaly because people seem to love the things but the one I tried was a soggy greasy ball of filth and shame.

I liked Popeye’s sandwich and it was so good that it forced other chains like Chick-fil-A and Wendy’s to change the way they made theirs. I think some of them have basically caught up with them as far as sandwiches go.

Everything else I’ve ever had from Popeyes was less than meh. Highly overrated.

I know lots about the footballs. Like the one guy pushes the oddly shaped ball through his legs to the other guy when the other guys says "hut". Then the other guy either hands the oddly shaped ball to running guy or throws the oddly shaped ball to catching guy.

No snickers for you Byron!
Sounds gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Glovers thread has a tweet by glover signed by Huepel showing White and Orange Cleats and what appears to be a Grey Jersey!

#CallMeExcited

@DeerPark12 what say thee

View attachment 356820

The orange jersey and cleats and the gray glove are the ones we wore when we first switched to Nike in 2015.

I just have never liked it much and I've had maybe a dozen times because others I was with wanted to go. I think Wendy's makes a good chicken sammich. Zaxby's is pretty good. Raising cain's has decent tenders. If there are heathens out there that prefer chik fil a, whatever floats your boat. They just scream pretentious to me with all the valet bs. I'm just contrarian I guess. Everyone has a flaw or two.

Yeah I’m That about some places that everyone else seems to rave about too.

I concur on Wendy’s and Zaxby’s. Wendy’s makes a fine copy of the Popeye sammich, and Zaxby’s has done its own thing well for years. I haven’t tried Cane’s yet, but a lot of people swear by it. Hardee’s has actually got a pretty good chicken strip combo going on right now, if you haven’t tried it.

I actually agree with shopping on principle, as long as it goes both ways. For everyone that boycotts Chick-fil-A due to its conservatism, another customer will go there for their conservatism. That’s the beauty of America. I think they run a pretty quality joint regardless of convictions, but to each their own.

Reactions: OrangeBlood4life
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back