Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
@bignewt be like...

iu
“Brewed from beans fermented in a monkey’s ass! Suck it Joe DiMaggio!”

“Brewed from beans fermented in a monkey’s ass! Suck it Joe DiMaggio!”

so many taking up for the common man in here, real salt of the earth. Of course salt of the earth just means a lack of any sophisticated palette but hey if mcdonalds and chik fil ass get your blood pressure soaring, 'merica!

Reactions: SugarCC
so many taking up for the common man in here, real salt of the earth. Of course salt of the earth just means a lack of any sophisticated palette but hey if mcdonalds and chik fil ass get your blood pressure soaring, 'merica!

McDonald's is not in the same league as Chik-Fil-A. McDonald's is @$$.

CJH has a system. I like it! I hope that the players pick it up quickly and thrive.

I like what he wants from the defensive and ST sides as well. Looks like he brought in coaches that are excited about his ideas.

Let’s effing Go Big Orange!

My comment was about recruiting, in response to InVOL's post about Bama's "system"-- so we're talking about different things. But yes, the new staff does seem to be excited and onboard, which is refreshing.

I don’t blame Henry T personally. He came to play under a well known defensive staff that had a track record of putting kids in NFL with Pruitt/Sherrer. Then it gets stuck with Neids last yr and has a down year that exposed his weaknesses. He has potential to go Pro after this year so he can’t afford to risk another off year that makes it the norm instead of the exception. We don’t know what to expect from our defensive staff so can’t expect him to trust that he would be ok sticking around when he has a safe bet with no question marks begging him to come there.

As for Crouch, I like the kids personality but he is not a 5 star defensive player. If he isn’t playing running back then he is an average player. Good vs straight ahead run. Bad sideline to sideline and vs pass. He is stiff. Makes good plays at times but nothing spectacular. Banks was better and should have had those snaps but I’m sure Pruitt staff trying to keep recruiting promises to Crouch. Banks while raw can be special and makes game changing plays at position. I am interested to see Beasley get more chances. In very limited work he showed some signs of playmaking ability so would like to see if there is anything there. Willis probably will be better than Crouch anyway.

It’s a shame you can’t kill us all off...so’s you can be alone with your pears, wine and French jazz compilations. 😎

My comment was about recruiting, in response to InVOL's post about Bama's "system"-- so we're talking about different things. But yes, the new staff does seem to be excited and onboard, which is refreshing.
I mean, I hope they would be and not just here to collect a payday.

But glad to hear they are bought in.

Spring will tell us where we have gaps and surprises.

But I will not be believing anything VQ says about a player.

Hey, Mr. Sophistication. The word you're looking for is palate, not "palette".

I don’t blame Henry T personally. He came to play under a well known defensive staff that had a track record of putting kids in NFL with Pruitt/Sherrer. Then it gets stuck with Neids last yr and has a down year that exposed his weaknesses. He has potential to go Pro after this year so he can’t afford to risk another off year that makes it the norm instead of the exception. We don’t know what to expect from our defensive staff so can’t expect him to trust that he would be ok sticking around when he has a safe bet with no question marks begging him to come there.

As for Crouch, I like the kids personality but he is not a 5 star defensive player. If he isn’t playing running back then he is an average player. Good vs straight ahead run. Bad sideline to sideline and vs pass. He is stiff. Makes good plays at times but nothing spectacular. Banks was better and should have had those snaps but I’m sure Pruitt staff trying to keep recruiting promises to Crouch. Banks while raw can be special and makes game changing plays at position. I am interested to see Beasley get more chances. In very limited work he showed some signs of playmaking ability so would like to see if there is anything there. Willis probably will be better than Crouch anyway.
The conundrum was that Crouch was bad in coverage but Banks was worse. Banks was a better blitzer. So, the opposing teams had it easy exploring their weaknesses and the “tells”....

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX

Big believer in Beasley. I'm not sure he's ever been given a fair shake at any position they've shifted him to in the Pruitt era. His speed flashes in the LB group the most, I'm not sure he is fast enough to make as much of an impact as a secondary guy but we also don't know since he seemed to just be shifted around constantly with previous staff.

The thing with Henry T that he really needs to look at long and hard is, is he willing to be at Bama for 2 years, because if he can't clearly earn the starting job he won't see the field enough to improve his draft stock.

Last edited:
I mean, I hope they would be and not just here to collect a payday.

But glad to hear they are bought in.

Spring will tell us where we have gaps and surprises.

But I will not be believing anything VQ says about a player.

Yep, spring will give us a glimpse of what we have and what we need. We don't know how quickly some of the talent will develop. Guys were misused, underused or not used at all last year, so we don't know how quickly they'll progress or in some cases, what positions they'll play. We don't know how the QB competition will play out. We don't know how much quality depth we have or can develop before fall camp. We don't know who'll live up to their potential, who has a higher ceiling or who could decide to try their luck elsewhere.

You're right-- we need questions answered and gaps filled. And hopefully, we'll get some good surprises. Then we'll go portal shopping and round out the roster the best we can.

Yep, spring will give us a glimpse of what we have and what we need. We don't know how quickly some of the talent will develop. Guys were misused, underused or not used at all last year, so we don't know how quickly they'll progress or in some cases, what positions they'll play. We don't know how the QB competition will play out. We don't know how much quality depth we have or can develop before fall camp. We don't know who'll live up to their potential, who has a higher ceiling or who could decide to try their luck elsewhere.

You're right-- we need questions answered and gaps filled. And hopefully, we'll get some good surprises. Then we'll go portal shopping and round out the roster the best we can.

One thing I do like that I've seen already is Hendon Hooker's positive impact. Him and WRs getting some throws in after workouts speaks volumes about his impact on this team already, even if he doesn't win the starting job.

You want a QB with some experience that will do that sort of stuff. I also like that Hyatt is taking cues from Velus Jones Jr. on that sort of thing and getting extra reps in after workouts to improve his catching.

Big believer in Beasley. I'm not sure he's ever been given a fair shake at any position they've shifted him to in the Pruitt era. His speed flashes in the LB group the most, I'm not sure he is fast enough to make is much of an impact as a secondary guy but we also don't know since he seemed to just be shifted around constantly with previous staff.

The thing with Henry T that he really needs to look at long and hard is is he willing to be at Bama for 2 years, because if he can't clearly earn the starting job he won't see the field enough to improve his draft stock.

We have some intriguing players. A lot weren't put in the position to excel under Pruitt. I think some might surprise us this year; others might need more time to really reach their potential. We need young leaders to step up, especially on D.

We have some intriguing players. A lot weren't put in the position to excel under Pruitt. I think some might surprise us this year; others might need more time to really reach their potential. We need young leaders to step up, especially on D.

I'm really hoping to see flashes from these guys...pretty well rated recruits and nearly no game experience.

Tyus Fields entering his 3rd season on campus, was a 4 star DB coming outta NC
Ramel Keyton entering his 3rd season on campus, was a 4 star WR outta GA also one of our highest rated in the '19 class

Quite a few in last year's class too I think we see earn more playing time. Wideman, Calloway on offense as well as Holiday. Defensively I am hopeful that Bailey, Big O, Eason, French, Morven, etc. flourish with more experienced/better positional coaches developing them.

At this point I'm pretty excited, I feel like we've upgraded on defense in ways I didn't expect. Clearly better LB/DL coaches, and with Banks and Willie working with the secondary they are as good if not better than Pruitt and Ansley imo.

One thing I do like that I've seen already is Hendon Hooker's positive impact. Him and WRs getting some throws in after workouts speaks volumes about his impact on this team already, even if he doesn't win the starting job.

You want a QB with some experience that will do that sort of stuff. I also like that Hyatt is taking cues from Velus Jones Jr. on that sort of thing and getting extra reps in after workouts to improve his catching.

I think HB has the best rapport and rhythm with the receivers and is on track to be the starter. Of course, spring FB could change that, and everybody's ready for some solid competition. IDK much about Hooker but Salter is going to need some seasoning. But that's what makes spring ball so exciting-- all things are possible, anything could happen and everything's in front of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back