Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a pitcher that throws 90. That is a player that you can actually allow to play baseball. Practice wise it is easier with a pitcher. If he is wanting to play SS then it becomes a little more challenging to let him play baseball. Pitchers don't have to spend all that time in the cage.
Flip side of the coin, pitching isn’t exactly easy on the wear and tear on that throwing arm.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
????
not missing the tourney and the freshman are overrated.
If we schedule another game this week (rumors of UGA) we will lose. Then we will lose to florida. Then lose the first game of the SEC tournament. We won’t deserve to make March madness.

Also freshmen are carrying this team. You clearly don’t watch

If you want to keep the fan base engaged you do. Espically after Barnes has underachieved in 4/5 seasons after next year.
But “no one will care” and “meh”. Unlike you, I hate being putrid at something trying to be better. Was too young to enjoy the Mears era...all too cognizant of the Devoe years.

But “no one will care” and “meh”. Unlike you, I hate being putrid at something trying to be better. Was too young to enjoy the Mears era...all too cognizant of the Devoe years.
The end of the Buzz era was probably my first taste of TN basketball.
So trying to play the modern game and finding the next "Pearl" Is not trying to be better? Id rather try and see then be ok with underachieving.

Reactions: VolByLaw
Fulky is a Sr and has played way worse this year. Maybe more affected by injuries than known?

Pons is a Sr and his numbers are down across the board.

This isn’t just a 1-and-done problem.
Injuries are playing a big part in this. Both Pons and Fulky are no where near 100% and the same with JJJ.

Star ratings don’t equal talent. Grant was always a star and a future NBA player. Rick got lucky to find him. He coached him up a bit but Grant’s natural talent was always there.

Also Bruce never missed the tourney here. I don’t know how you can say Rick has done more. He’s getting ready to miss the tourney with this super talented team we have...
We aren’t missing the tourney even if we lose to UF and first rd of the SECT

That's jumping to a lot of conclusion. There is plenty of reason for optimism next year in basketball.
Ive been through this with some, but next years roster is not impressive at all to me. Still no post. Vescovi and Bailey who cant guard anyone. James who is a solid all around guy but is never going to wow you with his stats. Oliver who I think could be decent but nothing special. And then another freshman wing who is just that a freshamn.

Ive been through this with some, but next years roster is not impressive at all to me. Still no post. Vescovi and Bailey who cant guard anyone. James who is a solid all around guy but is never going to wow you with his stats. Oliver who I think could be decent but nothing special. And then another freshman wing who is just that a freshamn.
James can improve and Walker can be a contributor. I agree that post is an issue and there is some concerns, but ideally we see players get better.

James can improve and Walker can be a contributor. I agree that post is an issue and there is some concerns, but ideally we see players get better.
Nah, I wasnt knocking on James hes a solid all around player. I just dont think his game is ever going to be filling up a stat sheet. As far as Walker who knows, TB was talking about him post game today and basically he showed up out of shape and doesnt play defense so the staff wont play him. Said the word on him is the staff is going to see if he really wants to be here this summer. He may end up being another Burns.

The end of the Buzz era was probably my first taste of TN basketball.
So trying to play the modern game and finding the next "Pearl" Is not trying to be better? Id rather try and see then be ok with underachieving.
Ahhh! That explains your viewpoint...limitations! You need to go through a Houston, O’Neill, Green and THEN Peterson ringer and you know what awful looks like! Then you wouldn’t be so eager to boot very good. Give me a sure fire improvement and I’ll sign off. UT doesn’t generally hire those.

White and Plowman preached they want to hire coaches that do it the right way so that leaves Pearl out.

Nate Oats would be a good choice but he’s fixing to get a big fat raise after this season.
White gave him his start at UCF so he may have a soft spot for White if this job ever comes open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back