Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn’t around for Meyers but I felt pearl had a chance to win a championship.... I just don’t feel that way with Barnes..... I wish Barnes could adapt and take the next step bc he does a lot of things really well.

Had a chance.and didn't. Barnes is a good coach, not great, but the best UT could hope for.

Reactions: hooter vol
Y’all can cry over UT basketball.

I’m over here beaming with pride. My 11 year old daughter just scored her first basket...in the all-star game...in her first year playing. Bout to go start a class of ‘28 thread for her over in the LV forum.

BRB.
Man that’s awesome! My oldest son just turned 5 and I’m about to start him in little league this year.

We’ve been NOT decent fairly recently. Why are we in a hurry to get back to that?
Its not in a hurry, its taking the next step. Its kind of like where we hope football is with Heupel in 5 or so years. There are things in place to possibly take the next step, so find the guy that can do that. Barnes is the guy whos going to take you to the edge, now we need the guy that can go over the edge.

Butch Jones at Tennessee

In Josh Dobbs starts: 23-12 (.657)
In all other games: 11-15 (.423)

Rick Barnes at Tennessee

With Grant Williams: 73-31 (.716)
Without Grant Williams: 48-40 (.545)

Pretty misleading. A lot of those w/o GW losses were early from taking over a junk team. He's been decent post GW.

Its not in a hurry, its taking the next step. Its kind of like where we hope football is with Heupel in 5 or so years. There are things in place to possibly take the next step, so find the guy that can do that. Barnes is the guy whos going to take you to the edge, now we need the guy that can go over the edge.
Be careful taking that NEXT STEP and falling back into the garbage can. Sucks getting top flight players...sucks worse when they decommit. How about we keep him one more year so I can watch Chandler play?

Vitello comes on the show all the time. He’s awesome.

TB thinks we’ll have to actually let Horn play baseball and not just make it lip service.
He is a pitcher that throws 90. That is a player that you can actually allow to play baseball. Practice wise it is easier with a pitcher. If he is wanting to play SS then it becomes a little more challenging to let him play baseball. Pitchers don't have to spend all that time in the cage.

did less with more talent.
Star ratings don’t equal talent. Grant was always a star and a future NBA player. Rick got lucky to find him. He coached him up a bit but Grant’s natural talent was always there.

Also Bruce never missed the tourney here. I don’t know how you can say Rick has done more. He’s getting ready to miss the tourney with this super talented team we have...

Man that’s awesome! My oldest son just turned 5 and I’m about to start him in little league this year.
Never too early to start trying to get them to earn that scholarship.

For real tho, I never knew how much fun it was to watch your kids play competitive sports. Watching her have fun (even when losing) makes my heart happy.

Star ratings don’t equal talent. Grant was always a star and a future NBA player. Rick got lucky to find him. He coached him up a bit but Grant’s natural talent was always there.

Also Bruce never missed the tourney here. I don’t know how you can say Rick has done more. He’s getting ready to miss the tourney with this super talented team we have...

????
not missing the tourney and the freshman are overrated.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Be careful taking that NEXT STEP and falling back into the garbage can. Sucks getting top flight players...sucks worse when they decommit. How about we keep him one more year so I can watch Chandler play?
Hes not going anywhere next year or for the next few i imagine, but unless Chandler is Steph Curry he aint making next years team good.

Reactions: VolByLaw
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back