Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Quarterbacks coach Chris Weinke also is transitioning into the next step of his career"

giphy.gif
@Bassmaster_Vol

Did AV ever come back around and say anything? Would be curious his thoughts. I don't have a problem with what he said vs how it turned out. "FU money" can be really confident in an offer, but if there's a qualitative reason someone won't accept your offer, nothing you can do about it. I think the talk that trickles out from the big booster circle greatly underestimates that.

Just curious if he had any info on the series of events that transpired. Crucifying him because in a 48 hours period he didn't accurately predict events he had no control over is kind of silly.

Zack Arnett would be an excellent hire. It would help players like Harrison, Beasley, and McCollough. He runs a defense that is effective against today’s offenses. Shoot clemson has mostly gone to a 3-3-5 as well.
I’m out on Steele, evidently his defenses fall apart if they see 60+ plays per analytics. A guy like Arnette would be able to handle high play volume, so I’m good with that. And I assume the 3-3-5 requires big DL which we have in spades

Hot take, I wouldn't mind keeping Chaney. Heupel is calling the plays. Chaney can dissect what he sees in the booth down to the field
I want JH to have full philosophical control over the O. I fear someone as experienced as JC would revert to old ways under pressure, and in critical moments would be trying to do things we didn't have a roster built for.

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly
Lol I played College Sports never saw anything good come out of a player getting dogged on the sideline. It doesn’t help. Doesn’t matter who they are.

Now getting dogged in practice is different and it does help some guys. Coaches who can transition between both are nice to have.
You got to know how to break em down and how to build them back up. That’s the best approach.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
I get it. I certainly expect we will be much improved - just not sure Ole Miss is the comp.

I think they said Briles and Arkansas run a system much closer to what we are going to run than what's happening at Ole Miss right now.
Spring practice is an absolute must this year for us to achieve the offense JH wants to run.
IMO

I get it. I certainly expect we will be much improved - just not sure Ole Miss is the comp.

I think they said Briles and Arkansas run a system much closer to what we are going to run than what's happening at Ole Miss right now.
Spring practice is an absolute must this year for us to achieve the offense JH wants to run.
IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back