Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is the former Auburn coach who considers codi Burns an adopted son Kevin Steele?

By all accounts Burns is a rising star and heck of a recruiter. I think for sure he finds his way onto our staff. Just wondering if the adopted son connection is steele or is it perhaps Garner.
Mehlzahn was who he was talking about, he said the rumor is that if they promote the guy already their to be the new AD, that guy will go after Mehlzahn.

Is their qb back Bass? That guy is special and will be year 2 in Kiffins system.
Is he special because he’s special, or because Kiffin made him special? I think it’s the latter. When I look at Gabriel at UCF, he isn’t special. Arm is pedestrian. But look what Heupel has done with him.

not against it. as much as we have talked about recruiting and having to win to get recruits, i think equally important is that there's some semblance of stability going forward. we have a pretty sizeable stain on us right now from a 'trust' standpoint...if you're a prospect right now, regardless of the product on the field being good or not, isn't the first thing you wanna feel comfortable with is that you're going to a place that the people recruiting you are actually gonna be there? our track record in that department is as bad as our on field product.

the easiest one to fix, on paper anyway, immediately is the "this is our coach and staff, and we're supporting them"......

the on field stuff will come, or not...but first things first....show players and recruits something that gives them a reason to believe things are different on the stability front....we all know it can change...but it can't be obvious that we're being so risk adverse that it leaves the doors open for everyone to pick apart.....

Yep, it's clear the plan is to long-term this one. I'd like to see them stretch a bit... but I think it'll be a fair amount of familiar faces with working relationships already established. When it comes to building for the rebuild, this feels more tortoise than hare.

agreed.

i think there's one thing we can all say for certain, and it's that there wasn't a single guy that we identified as the just HAD to have...the "not taking no" guy....that being the case, then they were never going the FU money route. i do think they got pretty far along with Franklin, and not sure just how far it got with Elliot, but i believe it made it past the "will you please take our call" phase....lol.

fickel, fleck, campbell...quick no's...

maybe one of those guys could have been 'the guy', but you can't get to 'not taking no' if he won't take the call.....so...it is what it is...jmo.

I think there was definitely some back and forth with Franklin, but it never made much sense for him to come here regardless of the money involved. One perhaps overlooked fact with Franklin - he still has lots of friends (in high places) in the Nashville area from his time at Vandy. Going to TN would have severely damaged those relationships (in a way that leaving for PSU did not). Not saying that alone would have prevented it, but at the end of the day, I just can't believe it ever got to the money stage.

About the same on the skill positions, I'd say.

I'm not smart enough to be able to identify this, but I was listening to a podcast this morning and they say even though Lebby is there, Ole Miss is running Kiffin's offense from FAU. So using Ole Miss as a comparison because Lebby and Heupel run similar concepts is not totally correct.
I’m just wondering aloud if we can expect the same kind of offensive jump under Heupel in year 1 that Ole Miss had under Lane in year 1. I think we can

no, not really. just more insights on the search, and what the staff could look like. hank's all worked up about watching practice on TV...and multiple folks are putting hits out on chaney. lol.

we like zach arnett apparently...
Watching senior bowl and afternoon nap. Best combo.

Reactions: jakez4ut
So sick of Bama.

Bama fans get to witness probably the greatest dynasty run in the history of college football that will probably never be replicated again. They just happen to be alive to witness it.

UT fans get to witness the slow, painful, and brutal death of the program that we may never recover from again. Permanant KY level football from here out. We just happen to be alive to witness it.

Still couldn't pay me to be a Bama fan, F them. This just sucks, though.

Reactions: RiotVol
Listening to the Basilio show from yesterday and they had that reporter on from Orlando. We’re going to find out if TN really recruits itself. Obviously UCF is not a recruiting juggernaut. But, Following their success, in 2020, he barely recruited anyone inside the top 100 in the state of Fl, and those guys were ranked in the 90’s. That’s concerning. We better put a team of recruiters around him.

That being said, it’s amazing how much he got out of that talent, even putting guys in the NFL that many believes couldn’t even be division 1 players. So if we can get talent for him, sky’s the limit

I’m just wondering aloud if we can expect the same kind of offensive jump under Heupel in year 1 that Ole Miss had under Lane in year 1. I think we can
I get it. I certainly expect we will be much improved - just not sure Ole Miss is the comp.

I think they said Briles and Arkansas run a system much closer to what we are going to run than what's happening at Ole Miss right now.

Reactions: Dudley Smith
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back