Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's wild/sad all at the same time the Heupel offense is what JG would excel in. Ya get a 1/3 of the field to work with on quick reads with a lot of one on one where your goal is to get it to the WR fast and let them work in space. A few shots down field when the defense gets greedy and ya put it where only your guy can get it or no one.
It’s basically what Helton asked of him to do in the passing game his one year. No coincidence it was JGs best year.

F that gump. When Pruitt was hired, he was going around Birmingham/Mtn. Brook openly talking about how they were going to build UT up and then come back to Alabama after Saban.

These guys were nothing more than mercenaries collecting a check who deep down despise UT.
Is that for real?

Would explain a whole hell of a lot of Pruitt’s general attitude and actions on and off the field.

Pretty sure JH is bringing some of his staffers. Steele, Simon and Osovet are people UT would like to keep in some capacity. Not sure how or where that fits in with JH's plans. Not a lot of enthusiasm for Chaney or Weinke. UT has already talked with Garner. I think you'll see a lot of familiarity with the hires, with an emphasis on family and stability. Deals will be structured to make guys feel comfortable. And it will send a signal to the players that UT is listening to them and addressing their concerns by bringing in guys that will stick around and invest in them and the program.
not against it. as much as we have talked about recruiting and having to win to get recruits, i think equally important is that there's some semblance of stability going forward. we have a pretty sizeable stain on us right now from a 'trust' standpoint...if you're a prospect right now, regardless of the product on the field being good or not, isn't the first thing you wanna feel comfortable with is that you're going to a place that the people recruiting you are actually gonna be there? our track record in that department is as bad as our on field product.

the easiest one to fix, on paper anyway, immediately is the "this is our coach and staff, and we're supporting them"......

the on field stuff will come, or not...but first things first....show players and recruits something that gives them a reason to believe things are different on the stability front....we all know it can change...but it can't be obvious that we're being so risk adverse that it leaves the doors open for everyone to pick apart.....

What's wild/sad all at the same time the Heupel offense is what JG would excel in. Ya get a 1/3 of the field to work with on quick reads with a lot of one on one where your goal is to get it to the WR fast and let them work in space. A few shots down field when the defense gets greedy and ya put it where only your guy can get it or no one.

Probably also would've gotten crushed 2/3 less.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Unless the current assistant coaches are a detriment to the program, I would keep most of them that are already under contract as analylist.
If we are paying you, you need to work for it. If you dont then quit without pay.

True. I think they knew Franklin and Elliott would most likely say no and they had Heupel whenever they wanted. So they kicked the tires but always knew they had JH. And DW has familiarity with him and what he can do. The man was 28-8 and you can’t scoff at that, no matter what he inherited. Plus you get him at $4 million a year. I’m sure they knew he could put up points, which is how you win. This gives you $4-5 million for a defensive staff and make big hires. Let’s hope that happens. They need to nail the defensive hires.
Well, if they had JH locked down, I wish they had DC locked down... maybe they do. fingers crossed

Reactions: Deebowbear
Still going strong I see. I skipped 40 pages. Did I miss anything good?
no, not really. just more insights on the search, and what the staff could look like. hank's all worked up about watching practice on TV...and multiple folks are putting hits out on chaney. lol.

we like zach arnett apparently...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back