Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been on both sides of it (through sports and the military) and you know which side is better? The side that can explain something to you without jumping down your throat.

The place for the jumping down your throat is “practice”. Outside of practice you need them to remain positive and calm and that takes a different type of leadership. Someone who commands respect without having to jump down your throat is rare but if you have one they are the biggest asset because kids will listen to that more.
Mush has coordinated a lot of pretty good defenses...just saying..both ways are effective. He doesn't have to go overboard I agree, but whether you admit it or not, it is a fact that some dudes have to have a boot in their ass to really get the most out of them.

Reactions: Batman1948
Mush has coordinated a lot of pretty good defenses...just saying..both ways are effective. He doesn't have to go overboard I agree, but whether you admit it or not, it is a fact that some dudes have to have a boot in their ass to really get the most out of them.

Some do, but again that should happen in Practice if you are having to do that during a game.... you failed somewhere.

I’ve been on both sides of it (through sports and the military) and you know which side is better? The side that can explain something to you without jumping down your throat.

The place for the jumping down your throat is “practice”. Outside of practice you need them to remain positive and calm and that takes a different type of leadership. Someone who commands respect without having to jump down your throat is rare but if you have one they are the biggest asset because kids will listen to that more.

As an educator, I feel the same. This goes back to some of the early behavioral economics literature. If you want kids to learn, you can't have them walking on egg shells.

He knew he was wrong — Daniel Kahneman interview | The Spectator

Nevermind..
Lol I played College Sports never saw anything good come out of a player getting dogged on the sideline. It doesn’t help. Doesn’t matter who they are.

Now getting dogged in practice is different and it does help some guys. Coaches who can transition between both are nice to have.

I learned this last night which made me happy as well. Heupel was Co OC at Bama when they hung 41 on Bama in the Sugar Bowl back in 13.
giphy.gif

As far as people paying their own buyouts, it's good PR... but there's often behind-the-scenes help with that.

It’s a savvy play and a great story to tell, but yeah, ultimately money is fungible, and this is all happening in the context of a larger negotiation. That being said, 100% worth it to gross him up so that he can pay half of his UCF buyout.

And regardless, I fully believe that he really wants to be here. I love his demeanor, and say what you will about him beating up on cupcakes at Mizzou, I love the fact that he will hang 70 on Ga State instead of lose to them.

It’s a savvy play and a great story to tell, but yeah, ultimately money is fungible, and this is all happening in the context of a larger negotiation. That being said, 100% worth it to gross him up so that he can pay half of his UCF buyout.

And regardless, I fully believe that he really wants to be here. I love his demeanor, and say what you will about him beating up on cupcakes at Mizzou, I love the fact that he will hang 70 on Ga State instead of lose to them.
We could actually see multiple QBs in a game because we are beating guys so bad..... you know doing that whole development thing.... lol instead of playing musical chairs QB because we can’t figure out which one to play.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back