Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyams just tweeted that DW has announced that he will be hiring a search firm to assist with the coach search. That doesn’t sound like he has his man to me.

Search firm isn't selecting candidates, just vetting them. I'd bet a lot of the preliminary stuff is done or close to done.

Or maybe only important nugs can be posted in that window. Better yet...can we just have have a thread where the only posts are any tweets, nugs from TOS, etc pertaining to the coaching search? Also, @Atlanta VOL, @99vawl, and @Stoerner Fumbles can only post in that thread when they bring any info.
I like this idea!

Before it gets to crazy in here today guys I need some ankle sock recommendations. I wear a size 13 and socks stretch really easy and after a few wears they start to slip with me inside my shoe. Anybody got anything ? I know this is right up @nicksjuzunk ally , but I'm sure it will be a few days before he gets to this post.

Before it gets to crazy in here today guys I need some ankle sock recommendations. I wear a size 13 and socks stretch really easy and after a few wears they start to slip with me inside my shoe. Anybody got anything ? I know this is right up @nicksjuzunk ally , but I'm sure it will be a few days before he gets to this post.
Bombas

why do people keep saying this🤣 it’s not true at all. Just cause a school like UCF doesn’t pull in big names doesn’t mean those guys were hidden gems that nobody knew about. Dawkins took Stanford to a sweet sixteen the year before getting fired. Frost was the OC at Oregon and was a name that got brought up a lot as an up and comer and in line to get a HC job soon. Same thing with Huepel. Leipold had 5 15-0 seasons in his final 6 years before being hired by White.
If you watch the press conference you would have the actual context of the quote.

On social media and fan influence on a coaching hire decision:
"The last few coaching searches I've done at UCF, there was that list of one-two-three-four-five. Everybody is debating who it should be, and the people we hired weren't even on that list. I'm not paying attention to that list. If I am, then I don't know why you hired me. You might as well just go look at the list, start calling them up and see who wants to do it. It's way more in depth than that,

It was about lists like we're trying to make in here for this hire. Not generic lists for any school. And it's because everyone naturally tries to base these predictions on previous relationships. Which hasn't worked for predicting White.

1/4 hikers...REI, Cabela's, Bass pro... All I wear now. Can't believe I'm sharing that?

What happened to Mike MacIntyre at CU? Won coach of the year and looked like he resurrected the Buffs, then they immediately regressed and he was fired a couple of years later. Did he just have a lucky Auburn-like season or something?

Hyams just tweeted that DW has announced that he will be hiring a search firm to assist with the coach search. That doesn’t sound like he has his man to me.

I believe a lot of times these universities just hire a search firm to give the look they're doing their due diligence. They'll send them some names that have been vetted and control leaks.

If you listen closely to White's press conference yesterday (Friday) he specifically mentions 6 days twice. No coincidence that timeline lines right up with when TN signed the contract with the AD search firm, the previous Saturday. Couldnt say they "talked" until Tuesday to give the look they just reached out AFTER the press conference on Monday. They knew who they wanted, but when you put out a search firm, it gives the look you do your due diligence.

Yep....think he is the top target, and we are finally trying to get the one. Let's see if we can.
It will be hard...I think he really means the stuff he says..unlike most of these mercenaries. The sales pitch to him can't be just about money, it will have to pull at his heart also...

That is even if White us really going after him..🤷‍♂️ I still don't believe it.

not a good sign that we already have our hire
Plowman hired a search firm too and it honestly feels like she already had her guy. I think they're still putting on appearances for the legal battle to come with Pruitt. It's been less than a week since they announced his firing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back