Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on. Part of the fun is getting one of those random nugs dropped on you while reading. If I'm way behind I always search their names to see if I missed anything they said.
If I only had to scroll 15-20 pages to find them, then fine, but 40+ is ridiculous. I really don’t want my wife to divorce me. Plus, sometimes you miss the info brought over from TOS.

Reactions: orange parmejohn
How TF did Sonny Dykes end up on Hyams list posted during the AM shift? Might as well throw Skip Holtz, Ray Goff and Tommy West on there as well. Dude wouldn’t even sniff a coordinator position.
Dude is doing a great job at SMU, and if I recall and was on the short list when we hired Butch. Solid job at La Tech. Granted he did a bad job at Cal, but probably just a bad fit. All I have read he's happy as pig in slop being back in TX. For sure not FU $$ hire.

Some more out of left field candidates: I will also through out Bronco Mindenhall, Mike Norvell. But has anyone give thought that FU $$$ could be Gundy out of nowhere?

Reactions: Sleegro
Kiffin- not a builder
Freeze- too much baggage
Chadwell- not a big enough name
Napier- see Chadwell
Leopold- no
Elliott- not a head coach
Cristobal- I don’t see it

It’s going to be Campbell or Fickell. Give me Fickell.

Reactions: Catbone
Lets set the announcement day (CLow, Feldman or Woken post impending hire to Twitter) as Monday. I will take the over.
Oh yes that is way better than mine. I say under, I would want to break the news when everyone can access social media which is during the weekend. Now if we are talking presser I could see that being Monday.

Dude is doing a great job at SMU, and if I recall and was on the short list when we hired Butch. Solid job at La Tech. Granted he did a bad job at Cal, but probably just a bad fit. All I have read he's happy as pig in slop being back in TX. For sure not FU $$ hire.

Some more out of left field candidates: I will also through out Bronco Mindenhall, Mike Norvell. But has anyone give thought that FU $$$ could be Gundy out of nowhere?

Gundy is not my fav.

Kiffin- not a builder
Freeze- too much baggage
Chadwell- not a big enough name
Napier- see Chadwell
Leopold- no
Elliott- not a head coach
Cristobal- I don’t see it

It’s going to be Campbell or Fickell. Give me Fickell.

Gonna have to explain the logic behind wanting Fickell when Matt Campbell is the other option

Gonna have to explain the logic behind wanting Fickell when Matt Campbell is the other option
I dont think Campbell is an option. He has turned down multiple NFL interviews and im sure countless college jobs at this point. Why in the world would he do that and then come take over this greasefire of a football program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back